Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

From what I've been reading the ACDC fans are scared of 1) Axl's voice 2) Axl not showing up 3) Axl arriving 3 hours late and 4) Axl starting a riot

lol, they share our same worries :lol:

Hahahaha yeah. I guess ACDC fans are right.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

From what I've been reading the ACDC fans are scared of 1) Axl's voice 2) Axl not showing up 3) Axl arriving 3 hours late and 4) Axl starting a riot

lol, they share our same worries :lol:

1- who knows 2- he'll be there 3- he won't pull the 2 hours late stunt with Angus 4- won't be a problem due to the aforementioned  

• Like 1

I still think this is a publicity stunt for both bands.  It's gone viral and is all over Facebook feeds, Twitter, etc.  It's a great way to get G N' R trending 2 weeks before the first Vegas show.  Axl denies the rumor sometime around (or during) the Vegas shows....the announcement gets G N' R trending again.....G N' R then immediately release the full tour schedule and the entire world would know about it without it costing G N' R a penny in promotion. 

AC/DC could also immediately announce the real replacement and the rest of the tour dates...with it trending, the world would then also know about their plans.... again, not costing them anything in promotion....win-win for both bands.

• Like 3

Did they really need or want more attention? 

It's more like a way to distract people from the line up of GNR.

They changed the route of the motorcade. Hobos wearing shiny black shoes were seen in an adject parking lot. 

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Did they really need or want more attention? 

It's more like a way to distract people from the line up of GNR.

They changed the route of the motorcade. Hobos wearing shiny black shoes were seen in an adject parking lot. 

The silence is very calculated and has nothing to do with the lineup....it is generating hype via mystery and intrigue, brilliant strategy as its obviously working extremely well.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

The silence is very calculated and has nothing to do with the lineup....it is generating hype via mystery and intrigue, brilliant strategy as its obviously working extremely well.  

I was going to ask at some point is anyone really feeling it? I mean we kind of play along but isn't it a bit silly. Others feel a little disrespected by it given the prices. 

To me it's classic black ops distraction. They don't want to talk so decoys are being sent out? Then Snipers are taking people out. 

Okay if the OG 5 play Vegas and they wanted to keep that secret until the shows that makes sense. 

I just don't see the intrigue in rumors of Axl playing with DC is? It's a UFO sighting at best. 

It's kind of an anti-media stance, establishing GNR as the main attraction. As it should be. They dig a hole, everyone jumps in and goes where are they? They tweet a picture of a guitar string making their point that it's all about the shows and fans, not media gossip or mysteries. 

1 minute ago, wasted said:

I was going to ask at some point is anyone really feeling it? I mean we kind of play along but isn't it a bit silly. Others feel a little disrespected by it given the prices. 

To me it's classic black ops distraction. They don't want to talk so decoys are being sent out? Then Snipers are taking people out. 

Okay if the OG 5 play Vegas and they wanted to keep that secret until the shows that makes sense. 

I just don't see the intrigue in rumors of Axl playing with DC is? It's a UFO sighting at best. 

It's kind of an anti-media stance, establishing GNR as the main attraction. As it should be. They dig a hole, everyone jumps in and goes where are they? They tweet a picture of a guitar string making their point that it's all about the shows and fans, not media gossip or mysteries. 

Its not about us.....we (die hards on the forums) aren't who this is all geared at....as Kasanova Said the AC/DC thing is generating a lot of publicity for both bands.....hell it was on CNN tonight.  Brilliant, think about it, you'll figure it out.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Its not about us.....we (die hards on the forums) aren't who this is all geared at....as Kasanova Said the AC/DC thing is generating a lot of publicity for both bands.....hell it was on CNN tonight.  Brilliant, think about it, you'll figure it out.  

Exactly.  We as hardcore fans live in these forums....the casual fan and non fans (that would just go to a show because it was "cool, and it trended on social media") don't live in these forums.  G N' R will need these fans to buy tickets if they want to do a stadium tour.

"Guns N' Roses Deny AC/DC Rumors and Announce a 25 Stadium U.S. Tour" 

Brilliant.

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

But doesn't it just diminish GNR's big reunion? Oh Axl is going to play with ACDC he obviously doesn't care that much about the reunion. Also it antagonizes DC fans who don't want Axl singing in their favorite band. 

I almost see the point in just somehow reaching national news level. But the shows are sold out? And surely Axl and Slash should be the story? Not some half assed rumor about Axl joining ACDC? Who are they trying to reach? ACDC fans who want Axl to join DC and never would have considered seeing the GNR reunion. 

Maybe reunions are meant to be complete shitshows. Go big or go home.

But really on the eve of the big GNR comeback Axl is joining ACDC and fans are buying tickets to a cover band thinking it's GNR. 

I mean I love a good conspiracy but I can't see it other than the AFD line up show up. And that is double top secret. Then the shitshow would make sense. 

GNR and ACDC co headlining tour is my final answer. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

But doesn't it just diminish GNR's big reunion? Oh Axl is going to play with ACDC he obviously doesn't care that much about the reunion. Also it antagonizes DC fans who don't want Axl singing in their favorite band. 

I almost see the point in just somehow reaching national news level. But the shows are sold out? And surely Axl and Slash should be the story? Not some half assed rumor about Axl joining ACDC? Who are they trying to reach? ACDC fans who want Axl to join DC and never would have considered seeing the GNR reunion. 

Maybe reunions are meant to be complete shitshows. Go big or go home.

But really on the eve of the big GNR comeback Axl is joining ACDC and fans are buying tickets to a cover band thinking it's GNR. 

I mean I love a good conspiracy but I can't see it other than the AFD line up show up. And that is double top secret. Then the shitshow would make sense. 

GNR and ACDC co headlining tour is my final answer. 

It's not about the Vegas or Coachella shows.  It's about selling out 25 stadiums that probably hold over 60k fans each.

Guns N' Roses will need to promote the tour once they announce the dates.....what better way to announce the dates while this rumor gets them trending all over social media and mainstream media?..without costing them any time or money.  Viral marketing and free publicity at it's finest. 

It's also poetic justice for the band who blame a lot of their feuds on media spread rumors and gossip.  They are now using the same media that helped lead to their breakup to sell out their shows and put a ton of money back in their pockets.  It's classic.

Edited by Kasanova King

8 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I Get that some AC/DC fans might be pissed about it, but what are the options really? That's what I don't get. Would they rather get some Joe Blow to stand there and pretend to be important while Angus does his thing? I think that would be FAR worse. 

As far as Axl is concerend, I think we forget how much Bon influenced him. He might be looking at it like he is honering one of his favorite bands, much like he did with the Freddie Mercury concert. 

CeV4JidUAAEiBCu.jpg:large

Would be so cool to see.

People on internet would rather see Myles Kennedy, the guy from AIRBOURNE and the singer of Krokus than Axl. What a joke, can't believe it.

• Like 1

Yeah I guess it does put Axl and GNR in the same bracket as ACDC and might be the kind of story that attracts the next level of fans to fill stadiums. ACDC fans are talking about Axl and GNR. 

But it could turn off half the ACDC fans too. Or just confuse randoms.  TMZers aren't going stump up cash but they get one day of gossip out of it. 

Maybe this reunion isn't that special if Axl is going to play with DC. Maybe I'll just wait for those shows instead. Selfies at the Axl and Angus shows is so much more facebook worthy. 

10 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I Get that some AC/DC fans might be pissed about it, but what are the options really? That's what I don't get. Would they rather get some Joe Blow to stand there and pretend to be important while Angus does his thing? I think that would be FAR worse. 

As far as Axl is concerend, I think we forget how much Bon influenced him. He might be looking at it like he is honering one of his favorite bands, much like he did with the Freddie Mercury concert. 

Exactly

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I still think this is a publicity stunt for both bands.  It's gone viral and is all over Facebook feeds, Twitter, etc.  It's a great way to get G N' R trending 2 weeks before the first Vegas show.  Axl denies the rumor sometime around (or during) the Vegas shows....the announcement gets G N' R trending again.....G N' R then immediately release the full tour schedule and the entire world would know about it without it costing G N' R a penny in promotion. 

AC/DC could also immediately announce the real replacement and the rest of the tour dates...with it trending, the world would then also know about their plans.... again, not costing them anything in promotion....win-win for both bands.

If Angus actually continues ACDC at this point,  after our potential Axl tour wrap up,  he's a proper greedy fuck.  A drummer that fucked up big time,   a brother in a nursing home and the singer that saved your band going deaf = give it the fuck up because all three aren't coming back.  And I don't give a flap, Cliff is a replacement too. This is Nu ACDC.  The greatest irony getting a post reunion Axl to front your shit if this actually happens. 

7 hours ago, James Bond said:

Bon isn't really a different story though. There's a reason Brian never struggled on a Bon song and yet struggles on his own. The Brian of 1980-1983 had all the range and power you could ever want in a rock singer. BIB, FTATR, and FOTS are all testaments to that. He set the bar really high and nearly destroyed his voice forever as a result.

Whose voice you prefer is obviously a matter of taste but if we're talking the sheer technicality of singing, I don't think Bon could have sang Hells Bells or Guns For Hire and matched Brian's notes and intensity.

Axl probably has the wider overall range between the three, but I feel like Brian doesn't get enough credit sometimes. To use Hells Bells again - as it was recorded it is incredibly difficult to sing. Even Brian changed it live to make it a bit easier. What makes the early Brian stuff so hard is that it's always high and always intense and that lasts through entire songs.

Bon could have probably done those songs, just not as well as Brian. He may have struggled on some of the songs from the '80-'83 period, which Brian sang with the full range of his power. Shoot to Thrill, FTATR, and even the slower LMPMLIY. Brian was just magnificent on those songs. At his peak, he sang them using those unmatchable cast iron, glass gargling vocals. Bon would have been fantastic on the bluesier songs though, LMPMLIY, Have a drink on me, RNRANP etc. If you listen to live recordings from that time, Brian is phenomenal on even Bon staples like DDDC and WLR. For the last decade though, Axl has sung the pants off Brian on WLR - and that is arguably the best song in AC/DCs catalogue.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

If a publicity stunt was the plan then the GnR camp are the dumbest fuckers on the planet. It's detracting from the hype of the "reunion".  The world is now more interested in seeing Axl perform in AC/DC than they are seeing him reunite with Slash. Its' an idiotic move if publicity was their intention. If they wanted a publicity stunt do a fucking joint interview on Kimmel for fuck sakes. Oh wait that means Axl would have to show up. nevermind. 

• Like 1