Axl's 2016 voice

This is the first test passed with flying colours. The next two tests are to keep it up for the rest of the tour and soon to do it out of the chair while giving the full Axl show.

The final test is to not destroy his voice for the GNR tour.

I am hopeful but not optimistic about him passing every test quite as well as last night's. Something has to go wrong. It always does.

4 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

This song is not very good, but it really illustrates the return of the rasp. I is not that super forced, extremely high pitched nightrain rasp, it's the effortless, thick old rasp. Really sounds like 2006.

I quite like this song! If you close your eyes you really think a 24 year old Axl is singing this snake dancing his way across the stage, bandana on and cap turned back. Reality is a little different but we can't have everything i spose.

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

I quite like this song! If you close your eyes you really think a 24 year old Axl is singing this snake dancing his way across the stage, bandana on and cap turned back. Reality is a little different but we can't have everything i spose.

I am high. I did just shut my eyes and listened to this. Axl literally sounds like it's 1988. Where has that been??

But guyz he only sounds good because he can do screaming vocals and that's the only voice he has left. Lol

He sounds amazing, even on the non "screaming" songs he sounds great like rock or bust/rock & roll thunder. 

Surpassed all my expectations for sure.

7 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

This song is not very good, but it really illustrates the return of the rasp. I is not that super forced, extremely high pitched nightrain rasp, it's the effortless, thick old rasp. Really sounds like 2006.

thats the best hes sounded in years

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, default_ said:

Is it just me or Mickey shows up in TNT?

He's doing the Bon Scott "croon". Really gentle until he goes for the big notes. Good clean = not mickey. You can't seriously call any of what he did with AC/DC mickey :lol:

8 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

He's doing the Bon Scott "croon". Really gentle until he goes for the big notes. Good clean = not mickey. You can't seriously call any of what he did with AC/DC mickey :lol:

TNT and Dirty Deeds were not good.

10 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

I think the closest I heard to that was maybe Dirty Deeds but still not too bad.. I have watched every song now at least once.. They have been phenomenal. I am getting far more enjoyment from watching videos from last night's AC/DCshow than the past 6 Gn'R shows. I can't even make it all the way through the majority of those songs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think the closest I heard was maybe parts of Dirty Deeds but still not bad at all. I have watched every song now at least once.. They have been phenomenal. I am getting far more enjoyment from watching videos from last night's AC/DCshow than the past 6 Gn'R shows. I can't even make it all the way through the majority of those songs.

Yeah there was a part in DD which just wasn't right, doesn't suit him. He should try to do it his way, I don't think the AC/DC fans will jump on him for it.

And evidently, it wasnt slash nor duff that brought axl's best voice since 2010 back, it was becoming the new frontman of AC DC. (Kidding it was actually fucking rehearsing!)

Edited by valengf