Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

27 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

I'll try to give my perspective. I'm a huge AC/DC fan. They're my favorite band of all time. (For the record gnr is top five for me). So for those who don't get it, think back to 94 when the original-ish guns broke up. Now keep in mind guns was a band for 8 years, and that Brian Johnson was the singer of AC/DC for THIRTY SIX years. It's nothing against axl in my book. I hope he does great in all of his ventures. In fact I have tix to see two of the gnr shows and was blown away by how great he sounded so far. I get why you guys, as die hard gnr fans, are stoked. But try to understand why we aren't- our frontman got booted after four decades and the band offered a chilly press release wishing him well in future ventures. Future ventures- at almost 70 years old.  So yeah, I'm bitter, but it's not directed towards axl or Brian or anyone but angus and acdc management. I just feel Brian deserved better than a late night general press release without even a quote from his band mate angus. 

It it will be really interesting how this is received live in Europe, I think it will be a mixed bag and since I'm looking forward to seeing guns in July, I hope any negative reaction doesn't set axl off a cliff. 

Yes, I totally understand AC/DC fans being pissed at Angus. It's similar to how some GN'R fans were pissed at Axl for doing the whole "nu-Guns" thing without at least Slash and Duff. Except it's even worse given the length of time Brian has served in the role. Even though I understand the frustration, I don't like hearing these rumors of AC/DC fans threatening to throw shit at Axl. This is Angus' fault, not Axl's. You cannot blame Axl one bit for accepting a job to sing for one of his musical heroes. And for the people out there who are big fans of both bands, it's a dream come true. 

4 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

im guessing they figured GNR/ACDC shared enough of the same fanbase for it to work

understandingly die hard are upset though...as some one pointed out i'd be pissed at anybody else fronting GNR

Yeah i know thats why they should of used all guest a couple songs each

I'm stoked! Just think about it, Axl is back with everything! This is a huge opportunity for him to become the real deal again (he's trending on twitter right now). Fronting two of the best and most successful rock bands, if it all goes well, it will be amazing for him, for Guns and for rock n roll. 

I'm just sad they announced this just 3 weeks before the Lisbon show. There's no way I can have that amount of money for ticket and travel with this time line. It really sucks!!!

I think this is great! It's just a month-isch and it gives Axl the opportunity to do a thing that presumably is very satisfactory to him. I just think this contribute - a long with the reunion - to a more happy Axl (with possibly could lead to new GnR music. Here's to hoping)!

1 minute ago, Limpan said:

I think this is great! It's just a month-isch and it gives Axl the opportunity to do a thing that presumably is very satisfactory to him. I just think this contribute - a long with the reunion - to a more happy Axl (with possibly could lead to new GnR music. Here's to hoping)!

Yes, ultimately I just want new studio material with Axl's voice. He wasted so many prime years and he has one of the most unique voices in music. I want to get as much new material as possible before his voice is completely gone due to old age. 

• Like 1

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

Yes, ultimately I just want new studio material with Axl's voice. He wasted so many prime years and he has one of the most unique voices in music. I want to get as much new material as possible before his voice is completely gone due to old age. 

I agree, as much as I enjoyed watching streams from the reunion shows the concept of new studio music is what really gets me going! :)

2 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

then again i don't think ive ever seen a positive comment about Axl outside of fan forums 

Exactly. The GN'R reunion articles had nothing but negativity on them too, yet the tickets are selling very well. The silent majority don't go on the Internet to whine about this stuff. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

then again i don't think ive ever seen a positive comment about Axl outside of fan forums 

Axl was, is and will be one of the most hated rock stars in the world. He himself created that image of himself and peaple that are not Axl/GNR fans will rather hate him than cheer for him.

1 minute ago, -Jaro- said:

Axl was, is and will be one of the most hated rock stars in the world. He himself created that image of himself and peaple that are not Axl/GNR fans will rather hate him than cheer for him.

Then there are just the general hipsters that hate everything no matter what. They don't speak for the majority of rock music fans, but they use the Internet a lot more than others to rant about any bit of music news. 

Oh, fuck, I'm double pissed! First it was not an album he was talking about with Eddie but stupid ACDC shows and second he's going with AC/DC even before he goes with Guns, Guns could be in Europe at the time as well, fuck that, who cares about AC/DC when everyone wanted GNR reunion for 23 years. :question:

Not to mention that yeah, he can blow his voice and that's gonna be it for the GNR tour. He's gonna get lot's of hate from the AC/DC fans and generally what a shitty idea. Well, whatever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

What a time to be alive!

I stand by what I said - I'll do every gig I can drive to. This is cooler for me than the reunion by a LONG shot. 

I swear!!!

When I read the news, I literally jumped on my couch and started waving my fists up and down while screaming, like a crazy Tom Cruise on Oprah's couch. My wife thought I was having a mental breakdown and threatened to film me / call 911 :lol:.

AccaDacca and Guns are my favorite bands of all time and I am unbelievably pumped. This is way bigger than the reunion for me. It's big news for Rock N'Roll and it's great for both GN'R and AC/DC fans no matter what the detractors say.

As an AC/DC fan, with Axl on board, I'm hoping for a Bon-era heavy set. Yeah, he would be great on For those about to Rock...etc. But think about how phenomenal he would be on the Bon era songs? He just kills it on WLR and Riff Raff alone! Angus has done a terrific job of keeping AC/DC alive. It was always Malcom's band, not his. But with Bon gone, Mark Evans gone, Malcolm gone, Phill Rudd gone, and now Brian gone, they've managed to keep it going, in some form or the other. I salute his determination to honor the announced dates for the sake of the fans. I think this may very well be the end, but what a run it's been! AC/DC have been the kings of hard rock and IMO, only Guns challenge them (or have challenged them) for that throne. What better way to go out than have a true AC/DC fan, a true Bon Scott fan, fill in? If this is the end, then it is going to be glorious! Axl singing Shot down in flames!!! Axl isn't just any random AC/DC fan, he knows the stuff, he can sing it, and hell he damn well channels Bon's screaming wild child energy on demand. Think of Axl singing Problem Child! Fuck yeah!!! Axl is the one guy who can win over AC/DC fans. True AC/DC fans, at least many of the older ones, know that he is a fan. A fair share hate him too, but let's face it, Axl is Rock Royalty. It's a way better choice than going for the lead singer of Airbourne or going back for Dave Evans or Mark Storace. I'm hoping for interviews etc with Axl and AC/DC together to come out before the shows that explain Axl's love for AC/DC and why Angus decided to choose him, and for Axl to win the Acca Dacca fan base over at the live shows AXL CAN DO IT!!!

For GN'R fans, what can be bigger than this? Axl and Slash have reunited. Was there anyone here who was worried about 'promotion' or there being enough focus on Guns N' Roses.? Axl is poised to front the two biggest Hard Rock bands around. The news will be everywhere. Axl is finally King Dick again, if he wants to be. This can be nothing but good news for Axl and GN'R. This puts them back in the center of the Rock world. I really, really think that with his back to the wall, with the pressure to perform, Axl will bring his A-game vocally. He doesn't need to run around the stage for AC/DC - Angus is there for just that. If Axl pulls off AC/DC, it can only mean good things for Guns. It would be great publicity for future Guns shows and bring even more interest to a potential Guns album. As we've seen from 2006 onwards, Axl is always better with a few shows under his belt. I think working with AC/DC in a disciplined manner will only help him in his attitude working with Slash and Duff and in bringing more cohesion with the rest of the band and may even spur his creative juices. I would love for us to hear some bluesy, hard rocking tunes to come out of Guns as a result of this.

Exciting times! Never in my lifetime would I have imagined this. Short of Bon Scott rising from the grave to front AC/DC again, this is the best news I could have ever had as an AC/DC fan or as a Guns fan. As a fan of both great bands. I have a lump in my throat the size of a watermelon.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 4