Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

I think alot of people are still very upset with the way that Brian has been almost just tossed to one side after 3 decades of great work with them. I'm sure they don't much like Axl either, but this is as much to do with their anger at thier OWN band members as it is to do with Axl...

Guns fans have a reputation enough but it seems the AC/DC hardcore are even more easily annoyed and moany about stuff.

They'd have moaned about anyone getting the gig but with someone like Axl who's reputation precedes him, they're particularly annoyed about it.

I find it very funny indeed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evil Doer said:

worst fucking news possible.  it's always 1 step forward 2 steps back.  finally gets back with slash and duff.....puts on 3 killer shows.  gets the most momentum going for guns in years.......and this bullshit.  axl should be focusing on guns and only guns.  work on an album while the fire is hot.  i'm fucking pissed.

He's only finishing a tour, as far as we know. No need to get pissed, lol.

I'm just happy rock is being resurrected into the mainstream again. It's a great year for us as GN'R fans, and i'm sure a lot of AC/DC fans will come around eventually.

3 minutes ago, carsonskitz said:

where are you seeing this? I'm looking now

I'm checking out the ebay equivalent over here in Belgium (http://2dehands.be/) and at least 50+ tickets available for the upcoming Werchter show, most at regular price. I imagine the amount of available tickets to go up after today's announcement.

Edited by Bumblefeet

14 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

I thought people would be a little more excited or at the very least intrigued by this. Seems like most are just crying about it. I mean, those shows either were going to happen with Axl or not happen at all so shouldn't people be happy they're at least honoring their dates? And doing so with a big name singer?

Whilst I am definitely intrigued, I guess for AC/DC fans it's a bit like if something happened to Axl, and he wasn't able to complete a tour, and Sebastian Bach filled in. He is a big fan, and I enjoyed My Michelle last week, but having him for a full show in place of Axl wouldn't be my kind of thing.

14 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Guns fans have a reputation enough but it seems the AC/DC hardcore are even more easily annoyed and moany about stuff.

They'd have moaned about anyone getting the gig but with someone like Axl who's reputation precedes him, they're particularly annoyed about it.

I find it very funny indeed.

Remember the lyrics to My World? AC/DC fans were spoiled for decades. They are now getting a taste of GN'R chaos. 

6 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Eeeeep! Tickets had sold out by the time I woke up. Thankfully, @alfierose was a total babe and let me have her spare. 

:headbang:

Really excited. No Slash but it might be the best Europe gets this year unless the Wembley rumours work out. It's going to be a bit different too, may be the only time Axl steps out of the box like this. :headbang:

only just found this thread...at least for me the forum is behaving very weird in the past couple of weeks (threads appear and dissappear and get not shown properly!?)

I think this is awsome news. Maybe once in a lifetime to see the biggest rock band in the world together with the greatest rock singer. I thought that Whole Lotta Rosie yesterday was pretty good. I look forward to see more

13 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Remember the lyrics to My World? AC/DC fans were spoiled for decades. They are now getting a taste of GN'R chaos. 

its funny you say that because some of them are angry about how they were strung along/left in the dark with this whole Axl thing all because Angus could pull off the surprise appearance with GNR....i had to laugh...its like a welcome to Axl/GNR fandom

Edited by -W.A.R-

9 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

How is Axl going to sing songs like Hells Bells, Have A Drink On Me, Thunderstruck, FTATR, Shoot to thrill, BIB etc.? The extremely raspy Brian Johnson material..

I think he could go with his deep voice on Have a drink on me. Shoot to thrill might be a stretch but I think he should be able to do FTATR and Black in Black if he stretches himself - Hells Bells too, I'm most excited for that song; it is my favorite from the Brian era AC/DC canon. He should be able to sing Thunderstruck better than Brian.

Edited by The Archer

6 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I think he could go with his deep voice on Have a drink on me. Shoot to thrill might be a stretch but I think he should be able to do FTATR and Black in Black if he stretches himself - Hells Bells too, I'm most excited for that song; it is my favorite from the Brian era AC/DC canon. He should be able to sing Thunderstruck better than Brian.

The deep voice would ruin it. 'Whisky, gin and brandy, with a glass I'm pretty handy, I'm tryin' to walk a straight line, on sour mash and cheap wine'...those words need to be belted out with full rasp and immense power to convey the feeling. 

Edited by sonofnazareth

Obviously I can understand the anger and frustration of AC/DC fans. I don't think anyone could replace Axl in GNR either.

Still, I have a hard time understanding comments like "anybody but Axl"

I mean even if I try to be as objective as I can, I couldn't imagine a better replacement than Axl. Axl has a great range and a raspy voice. Exactly the kind of a voice that an AC/DC singer needs. Axl's probably the only singer out there who could do justice to those songs.

• Like 2

I trusted the rumours that Brian would do the Europe shows so I never bought tickets for this year (I've already seen them this tour last year). I now regret that decision. Anybody know where I can get cheap tickets without paying huge fees to Getmein and the likes?

9 minutes ago, maxpax said:

its even more realistic that axl will release new material with ac/dc imo. 

Highly doubtful given AC/DC just released a new album and only have been releasing a new album every 7-8 years. Add to that Malcolm's condition and the uncertain state of AC/DC, I think Axl is just doing them a favor with playing this tour out.

Edited by Bumblefeet