Official: Axl will join AC/DC for stadium tour/US dates

ZoSoRose

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Why take it out on Axl? Angus is the one who fired Brian and forced Malcolm to retire. Angus is running the show. They should throw their shit at him instead. 

they'll take it out on both of them, but Axl is the easier knee jerk target.

at this point, they just want the AC/DC name retired. if Angus still wants to play live after that, he should join a supergroup.

• Like 2

When did rock fans get that whiney? We have a legendary singer filling in for a few shows with a legendary bands. Their styles suit each other, Brian has serious health problems, and that's all there is to it. It's pretty cool, actually.

We are really going through a massive epidemy os sandy vagina syndrome.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

And Brian's doctors told him he can't sing anymore due to bad hearing. I think both were forced out sooner than absolutely necessary by Angus. 

Malcolm is in a full time care facility. There's no comparison at all to the Brian situation.

• Like 1

if someone would have told you in 2015 that in 2016 we will see Axl and Slash reunited and playing shows for Guns N Roses, and Axl Rose would be the new lead singer of AC/DC is there anyone on the planet who would believe that in a million years?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

Seriously think about this for a minute. 

Axl and Slash are back together IN Guns N' Roses
Guns N' Roses just killed it with 3 shows that were met with RAVE reviews.
IF GnR kills it tonight and Axl sounds as good as he did in Vegas and IF Axl pulls this off with AC/DC and sounds good the only thing missing now is a new kick ass single to lead into a new kick ass album and suddenly Axl Rose is the biggest rock star on the planet in 2016. It will be his year. That is so fucking surreal. 

TRUE!!!

The fuck!

I really, really didn't think this was going to materialize. As a fan of Axl and AC/DC, this is pretty damn cool. I'm curious how his voice is going to translate.... I mean Mickey as we know it..... that's just not gonna fly on Thunderstruck! Or Back In Black.... it'll suck the air out of a stadium faster than a vacuum bomb. 

But his mojo will be seriously ignited if it all goes to plan.... AC/DC crowds fuckin' move!

• Like 2

AC/DC and casual rock fans are hating this news, to be honest, I do not think Axl is a good choice, I am guessing these shows are going to be very bad, Axl is a good fit for GNR and that is all, AC/DC needs someone with a deeper stronger voice, they would have been better off with an AC/DC cover band vocalist, I am guessing Axl is going to be a laughingstock after the videos are out of him in AC/DC

6 minutes ago, Bono said:

Seriously think about this for a minute. 

Axl and Slash are back together IN Guns N' Roses
Guns N' Roses just killed it with 3 shows that were met with RAVE reviews.
IF GnR kills it tonight and Axl sounds as good as he did in Vegas and IF Axl pulls this off with AC/DC and sounds good the only thing missing now is a new kick ass single to lead into a new kick ass album and suddenly Axl Rose is the biggest rock star on the planet in 2016. It will be his year. That is so fucking surreal. 

Very true.

Obviously the man is going to make more than enough money this year to retire on, however.   Let's hope this isn't his plan anytime soon. 

On 3/12/2016 at 8:12 PM, dalsh327 said:

I wonder how it would go over if an announcement was made that Axl was going to be the frontman for AC/DC for the makeup dates.  

Freaky. I went to the official page to see it to believe it,  but they must have gone really good in rehearsals. 

This could also mean no Riff Raff or Rosie on the stadium tour unless Angus shows up. 

3 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

I still don't exactly know what to make of this. The fanboy in me is bubbling with a mixture of excitement and utter confusion at the prospect of seeing Axl Rose and Angus Young sharing a stage together. :lol: 

I think you might just see that tonight. Why else announce this now?