07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I just read this from a fella on the other forum :facepalm::lol:

I have only attended the 1st of the 2 GNR concerts in Chicago. I Attended the show in DC too. Good shows, but not even closer to the other 16 shows I've attended bertween 2010 and 2014.

People are allowed to have their opinions... and people are allowed to be wrong as well ;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

People are allowed to have their opinions... and people are allowed to be wrong as well ;)

Yeah but to say not even close. Last time I watch that 2011 rio was the worst gnr pro shot ever. This fella is a hardcore slash hater from htgth estebanf

Edited by Gibbo

You've got to admit '09-'10 shows were crazy, the whole vibe surrounding after the ChDm release plus the setlists, Axl had something to prove again they also played the longest GnR show ever. The last vegas shows in 2014 are one of my favourites as well. I miss Tommy, Bumble and Pitman at times. But yes Slash over Dj any day.

20 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

I love the guys are back,love new gnr from 2006-2010.

Now.....im really expecting Axl to sing like 2010........i dont understand why he is 70%....

The only people saying he is 70% are the ones that aren't at the shows.  He sounds much better live than any periscope stream I've seen. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Philipm787 said:

Anyone that says they'd prefer a gnr lineup without Slash is simply not a Guns N' Roses fan.

I'll always wish I could hear Robin play his own solo on TIL. Way happier with Slash playing it than DJ though. 

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'll always wish I could hear Robin play his own solo on TIL. Way happier with Slash playing it than DJ though. 

That's fair enough, it is his tune after all. I do like Robins solo, but I love the way Slash just goes at it, improvising from his heart, every night. Magical.

Fuck DJ Ashba.

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The last NuGNR show should have ended that way, Robin, Bucket, Brain and Josh Freese should have been there to play all the CD songs one last time together, even that would have been an experience on its own. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

That's fair enough, it is his tune after all. I do like Robins solo, but I love the way Slash just goes at it, improvising from his heart, every night. Magical.

Fuck DJ Ashba.

Slash is making the solo better show after show, it seems like he might have recorded the same thing back in 1994, who knows maybe its that same old solo. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2016 at 3:52 PM, moreblack said:

And there may never be a definitive one. And that's the best part. That's 100% Slash. Anyone else would probably just play the same thing every night.

When Finck did the same with Slash solos you din t think that way.

Slash attempt at TIL solo sucks every night.

The original solo still better.

The fact is Finck solo has more soul than Slash solo.

It seems like Slash now like to play fast... like he needs to proove something.

Wish to see the Blues, drunk, loose and amazing Slash back.

4 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

When Finck did the same with Slash solos you din t think that way.

Slash attempt at TIL solo sucks every night.

The original solo still better.

The fact is Finck solo has more soul than Slash solo.

It seems like Slash now like to play fast... like he needs to proove something.

Wish to see the Blues, drunk, loose and amazing Slash back.

I much prefer Slash's solos on TIL than any version Ashba or Fink ever did, I just love Slash's natural way of phrasing notes in general.

• Like 2