07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

Liking TIL is kind of a guilty pleasure to me. It is cheesy, and it could be in a broadway musical. Still, when Axl nails it, it is such a great showcase to his power and skill.

This version could easily be from a 2010 show. Really great, and with the added greatness of Slash.

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Let's face it, if you had the choice for that song of who to play the solo. You'd pick Slash every time if you had any sense. Applicable to anything Axl sings on.

To be fair, we never got to see Finck play his own gorgeous solo on TIL live. While I do like Slash's take on it (and his tone), he hasn't really found a consistent version of it yet.

13 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

To be fair, we never got to see Finck play his own gorgeous solo on TIL live. While I do like Slash's take on it (and his tone), he hasn't really found a consistent version of it yet.

And there may never be a definitive one. And that's the best part. That's 100% Slash. Anyone else would probably just play the same thing every night.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

He will BUT I like that spontaneity of it being different each night! He goes for it though! 

When I first heard TIL on Chinese Dem that was the main moment I felt Slash's absence missed the most. I know alot of people love the recorded solo, I just didn't think it had enough of what Slash would have brought to it. As for the new live version, I like that Slash improvs it cause it gives him something new to do every night and not the same thing every time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I don't understand the question. 

You said this time you were the closest to GnR concert ever (referring to GA pit in chicago's second concert)  so I said - 'I thought being a die-hard GnR fan would result in being as closer as possible since day one.' 

So without judging I was wondering how come it only happened now after all this time? :lol:

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

You said this time you were the closest to GnR concert ever (referring to GA pit in chicago's second concert)  so I said - 'I thought being a die-hard GnR fan would result in being as closer as possible since day one.' 

So without judging I was wondering how come it only happened now after all this time? :lol:

I understood the words, I just didn't understand the reasoning behind asking them. The 2 best reasons I can state would be: I haven't wanted to and I haven't felt like it.

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Let's face it, if you had the choice for that song of who to play the solo. You'd pick Slash every time if you had any sense. Applicable to anything Axl sings on.

Noooooooooooooo, I'd pick Robin all day every day and twice on Sundays. HOWEVER, in light of the fact that it would appear that he never will, I'm certainly happy with Slash doing it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Noooooooooooooo, I'd pick Robin all day every day and twice on Sundays. HOWEVER, in light of the fact that it would appear that he never will, I'm certainly happy with Slash doing it.

I think its just the simple fact that it's not Slash's song, but he does do an amazing job on all CD stuff imo. Who would have thought we'd have footage of Slash on CD songs though...I mean less than a year ago this would have been an absurd hypothetical argument 

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I think its just the simple fact that it's not Slash's song, but he does do an amazing job on all CD stuff imo. Who would have thought we'd have footage of Slash on CD songs though...I mean less than a year ago this would have been an absurd hypothetical argument 

Couldn't agree more. I've seen the tour in person 3 times now and each time Slash plays the opening riff to CD, it's still unbelievable. Seriously, this show was my third and last and as soon as Slash hit the riff, I was still like "HOLY SHIT, THAT IS HAPPENING" :lol:

• Like 1

I don't know whats wrong with some of you..  When Slash was not in the band everything was wrong and now when he's in the band everything is wrong. I have one question. When will you who whines get satisfied? Please tell me that? 

6 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

I don't know whats wrong with some of you..  When Slash was not in the band everything was wrong and now when he's in the band everything is wrong. I have one question. When will you who whines get satisfied? Please tell me that? 

Personally if the AFD 5 were back..that would be very satisfying, but I'd still complain about something because As Axl said, "that's how I roll".  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

Hey didn't you hear, GNR should change up their setlist every night because people on Periscope complain about sitting at home watching the same songs get played by Axl, Slash, and Duff every night.  \

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

I know and it's sooo fucking stupid. They did not change that much up on the UYI tour.. People need to stop using internet and go watch the shows. When I was young there was no internet and I watched the same Gn'R show over and over again on my VHS with a big smile :) Never complained over the setlist ;)

No doubt. I can remember waking up one Saturday morning and watching the Paris show being shown on MTV and here I am all these years later still watching the Paris show thanks to youtube and still not tired of the setlist. Although I would have loved for them to have Included Estranged.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I have some videos from that second Chicago night. great night that was! No lie I was hoping for Patience or TWAT.

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'll always feel that way :)  

Nah You won't! Robin who?

2 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I have some videos from that second Chicago night. great night that was! No lie I was hoping for Patience or TWAT.

Do you have any "This I Love"

I just read this from a fella on the other forum :facepalm::lol:

I have only attended the 1st of the 2 GNR concerts in Chicago. I Attended the show in DC too. Good shows, but not even closer to the other 16 shows I've attended bertween 2010 and 2014.

Edited by Gibbo

3 hours ago, --DEA-- said:

I know and it's sooo fucking stupid. They did not change that much up on the UYI tour.. People need to stop using internet and go watch the shows. When I was young there was no internet and I watched the same Gn'R show over and over again on my VHS with a big smile :) Never complained over the setlist ;)

Because not everyone Is in America right now. As far as changes to setlist go, all people are asking for are a couple of songs here or there like yesterday's or dead horse or perfect crime etc which could be played instead of the seeker but apparently playing the exact same setlist with the seeker is more fun. 

Edited by gooner14

54 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I just read this from a fella on the other forum :facepalm::lol:

I have only attended the 1st of the 2 GNR concerts in Chicago. I Attended the show in DC too. Good shows, but not even closer to the other 16 shows I've attended bertween 2010 and 2014.

One of them shows he went to was Rio 2011:lol:

• Like 2