Wouldn't now be a great time to drop a single?

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There's always time to play unreleased music in the concerts though. Guns has been doing it forever.

Do not kid yourself, they have nothing new ready to play out yet. It's highly doubtful they've even worked on anything other than rehearse the songs for the tour.

50 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Do not kid yourself, they have nothing new ready to play out yet. It's highly doubtful they've even worked on anything other than rehearse the songs for the tour.

I'm under no illusions. I would just be very happy if they did manage to pull it off, even though it is unlikely. Thanks.

7 hours ago, maxpax said:

Its pretty clear that there is no material with slash, Axl and duff....so... no.

This. New music needs to be NEW, eg not a slash solo slapped on one of Axls CD2 songs. 

Axl Slash & Duff need to produce something fresh or dust off something from pre break up. Ether way it will take time, that's time on top of the time it's going to take to feel each other out & start rebuilding relationships. 

Some people expect to much far to soon. 

Nothing would kill this dead in the water for me more than a NuGNR sounding song released with Slash & Duff playing on it. I hope they can recapture the essence & sound of Guns n Roses on some level. 

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'm under no illusions. I would just be very happy if they did manage to pull it off, even though it is unlikely. Thanks.

The sad thing for folks that want new music, is that this tour could go on for a good while. Stadium mega reunion tour is something fans of the band have wanted for ages. There's so many markets to hit and so many stadiums and festivals to sell out. Could be years.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns' fans are sadomasochist. They're so used to the concept of being shafted on new material by this ridiculous band, that they are now defending the fact that the band do not release new material!!

Even The Stones, the ultimate legacy act, are working on a new album!!

Even if The Stones haven't put out a new album in ages at least they've released new/previously unreleased songs, Plundered My Soul and Doom and Gloom come to mind. No reason why GNR couldn't have tried to work up at least one song to promote the tour. But hey, what do I know?

This tour IS NOT about new music it's essentially the greatest hits tour that none of us ever thought we'd see (Axl & Slash sharing a stage). Take it for what it is, enjoy the tour I'm sure there'll be plenty of surprises. The people worrying about ticket sales will have their fears aleviated after the reviews come in for these first few shows, I'm fairly sure this will become a must see show as the tour gets moving & there'll be no problems selling out the shows.

7 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

This tour IS NOT about new music it's essentially the greatest hits tour that none of us ever thought we'd see (Axl & Slash sharing a stage). Take it for what it is, enjoy the tour I'm sure there'll be plenty of surprises. The people worrying about ticket sales will have their fears aleviated after the reviews come in for these first few shows, I'm fairly sure this will become a must see show as the tour gets moving & there'll be no problems selling out the shows.

Yup. The stage is even a call back to UYI in a way. The font, merchandise, setlist, everything is nostalgia based and I am 100% fine with that for the first big reunion tour

52 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Eh.. Not as convinced on the ticket sales part but we'll see. Not as many of these sold out as some thought they would..

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Yet even the Stones can chuck out two new songs, as part of a hits collection, on their 'greatest hits tour'; one of them ('Doom and Gloom') was very good and actually got some airplay.

The Stones have twenty odd albums from which to select songs. Five albums of original material is dreary. Five original albums (for Axl), and you are a 'legacy act'; you have basically given up in already deciding to just cash in on what you have already achieved rather than design new projects, challenging yourself!!

• Like 1

Just be happy with a reunion tour folks. I bought a ticket to see GnR simply because this could very well be the last hurrah -- with this band, who the fuck knows what will happen next?

And new music? With their track record? :lol:

There is zero chance that this band puts out a worthy song let alone record without Izzy Stradlin'. 

It seems like Slash and Duff are already aware of this from their VR interviews where they specifically point out Izzy leaving as the fall of the band. And yet here we are again...no Izzy. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wasted said:

They aren't going to do much from scratch either anytime soon.

Axl takes years it seems. The best they could do is help Axl with the second half of Chinese. 

In light of Axl's comments about lyrics and melody first, that kind of rules out Slash from the writing?

This is why a Lies 2 type cd seems more possible. 

4 Live tracks from the early reunion shows 

Better

The Seeker

This I Love

Coma

then 4 remixes

Shackler's Remix

Better Gone

Silkworms (studio version)

Atlas Shrugged Ft. Slash

A remix and live EP would be a terrible idea. 

GnR has released one album of original material in the last 25 years.  A remix EP would be idiotic and a slap in the face to fans. 

Critics would destroy Axl and GnR if that was the first thing released by this latest version of GnR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

A remix and live EP would be a terrible idea. 

GnR has released one album of original material in the last 25 years.  A remix EP would be idiotic and a slap in the face to fans. 

Critics would destroy Axl and GnR if that was the first thing released by this latest version of GnR. 

Of course a new album would be better. But that's not going to happen until 2020. 

So a Lies type stop gap. Maybe expand it to include this new Slash GNR single. Like Patience on Lies. The single has to be YCBM quality rocker to be played live. But that just blows the real album opener out of the water. 

This is why nothing comes out. There's a reason GNR were huge. When everyone else was putting out their copy of AFD, Axl forced them to do UYI. CD has something to it too, whether it was them breaking up, waiting, or just being something so unique and feud injected in rock that it puts the band on another level. There's always a big selling point. 

I just don't see where a band put out just a single and it had any real impact. Like that Foo fighters ep recently disappeared after a week. GNR have huge hits to compete with. 

Of course we are they are big rich rock stars throw us a bone. But they wouldn't be so huge if this was their mo. Just throw them some material. We don't mind playing on the 80s cruise ship tour.

But sure Slash and Duff mean it will get attention and at 99 cents on itunes we'd download it in a second. But career wise it's bombsville.After that the album won't get hype. 

The difference between Stones and GNR is Stones new album no one cares, artistically they blew it. Axl expressed what he wanted with CD, it's a major part of the GNR story. People don't want it be but it is. It's way more vital than Bridges to Babylon. So I think he has a recording career with Guns. I'm not sure if a direct Stones comparison is fair but where are Faster Pussycat and LA Guns?

We still want more and they can deliver one more great GNR album. 

• Like 1

While mentioning the rolling stones their new upcoming album of 11 songs was cut in 2 days.

Guns N Roses Slash, Duff etc have had months and months of time to record over whatever Axl has in his vault.

Axl is on a high point at the moment and a motivated Axl could knock out some prepared instrumental tracks from whatever slash and duff has been working on. For all we know they have been recording all this time.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yet even the Stones can chuck out two new songs, as part of a hits collection, on their 'greatest hits tour'; one of them ('Doom and Gloom') was very good and actually got some airplay.

The Stones have twenty odd albums from which to select songs. Five albums of original material is dreary. Five original albums (for Axl), and you are a 'legacy act'; you have basically given up in already deciding to just cash in on what you have already achieved rather than design new projects, challenging yourself!!

I think the reason GNR are even in the same league as The Stones is because they don't do what you are saying. Not sure why having X amount of records means anything. The music has to be good first to even compete against the actual Stones records that are classics. Not stuff they just threw out because they made it and wanted to make money in the 90s. 

I'm not saying it matters Guns could have just been the Stones copy stadium band. But I actually feel like GNR is the most artistic stadium band. No other band is putting out UYI or CD type albums and having hits and touring arenas and stadiums. They are on the next level to the Stones or Aerosmith. No sell out yet. There's no cheesy ballads written by Desmond child or reunion drug vet album. We're just lucky to be alive man. What you a medal for giving up coke? Well done, have sprite and shut up. 

To me being an artist means only putting stuff out you really believe in. If Axl doesn't believe in certain stuff or doesn't have anything to say he doesn't do it. So what can you do? I'd rather wait til they have the real record than them putting stuff out to keep the masses satified that they got their happy meal toy. Look it's Minion. 

Doom and Gloom was just a poppy version of Gimme Shelter? Ultimately pointless. Don't Stop was such a remake of Brown Sugar used to promote NBA? Yuck, yuck, stop. But they threw it all away for Steel Wheels probably? Just a touring machine.  I mean they are hilarious and fun stdium band. Black Crowes are the real deal musically. 

On the other hand GNR are still dangerous. There's no self parody stuff going on. They aren't even doing the old reunion survivor interviews and record under GNR. Not even the horrible Best of with bonus track has happened yet. Please don't do it. 

By 2020 Izzy will be back and releasing new GNR songs on Snap Chat fo sho, 

Edited by wasted
Snap oh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I think the reason GNR are even in the same league as The Stones is because they don't do what you are saying. Not sure why having X amount of records means anything. The music has to be good first to even compete against the actual Stones records that are classics. Not stuff they just threw out because they made it and wanted to make money in the 90s. 

I'm not saying it matters Guns could have just been the Stones copy stadium band. But I actually feel like GNR is the most artistic stadium band. No other band is putting out UYI or CD type albums and having hits and touring arenas and stadiums. They are on the next level to the Stones or Aerosmith. No sell out yet. There's no cheesy ballads written by Desmond child or reunion drug vet album. We're just lucky to be alive man. What you a medal for giving up coke? Well done, have sprite and shut up. 

To me being an artist means only putting stuff out you really believe in. If Axl doesn't believe in certain stuff or doesn't have anything to say he doesn't do it. So what can you do? I'd rather wait til they have the real record than them putting stuff out to keep the masses satified that they got their happy meal toy. Look it's Minion. 

Doom and Gloom was just a poppy version of Gimme Shelter? Ultimately pointless. Don't Stop was such a remake of Brown Sugar used to promote NBA? Yuck, yuck, stop. But they threw it all away for Steel Wheels probably? Just a touring machine.  I mean they are hilarious and fun stdium band. Black Crowes are the real deal musically. 

On the other hand GNR are still dangerous. There's no self parody stuff going on. They aren't even doing the old reunion survivor interviews and record under GNR. Not even the horrible Best of with bonus track has happened yet. Please don't do it. 

By 2020 Izzy will be back and releasing new GNR songs on Snap Chat fo sho, 

I think you are speaking a right load of bollocks. GN'R, 'dangerous'? To the buffet maybe! ''No self parody'? And many enjoyed Doom and Gloom, least of all me.

I've said this before enjoy this tour for what it is (Axl & Slash on stage together) a lot of people are talking of new music etc. But until they actually come out & speak to the media nobody knows if there's a long term future for the band. I'd imagine this tour will run for 18 months if it's to be a world tour. But after that it could well be "thankyou & good fucking night" We don't know what the future if there is a future for Guns. So enjoy these shows they'll be brilliant enjoy the ride it might not be as dangerous this time round but it's still going to be a he'll of a ride.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think you are speaking a right load of bollocks. GN'R, 'dangerous'? To the buffet maybe! ''No self parody'? And many enjoyed Doom and Gloom, least of all me.

Not at all. 

Not the point. I enjoyed Doom and Gloom. But The Stones have earned the right to be doing that in a way. GNR are still fighting to be relevant. They can't afford to drop the ball really. Maybe after this reunion thing is pulled off they can start taking the piss. 

I think there's still an element of danger. No one knows what they are doing. They still have that mystique. The buzz around Troubadour doesn't happen for Ratt reunions. 

I think they walked the line from 2011. But a flying piano is a part of Axl, the campy Elton and Freddie thing. I don't think CD is GNR on autopilot. It's not by the numbers, it takes risks. They have evolved from the AFD image and sound. Axl isn't just trying act out the old eras etc. 

the one point that is debatable is about releases. Do they fail to really deliver for the fans or re the quailty of songs make up for it. My feeling is they have next level songs with every release and that's why out flank Bon jovi or Foo Fighters, LA Guns etc. They have better songs, it's not quite Led Zeppelin musically but it's close. To me GNR broke the 80s mold and ushered in the grunge era bands. And even still today with CD they lead the way in artistic expression, the music comes first. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wasted said:

Not at all. 

Not the point. I enjoyed Doom and Gloom. But The Stones have earned the right to be doing that in a way. GNR are still fighting to be relevant. They can't afford to drop the ball really. Maybe after this reunion thing is pulled off they can start taking the piss. 

I think there's still an element of danger. No one knows what they are doing. They still have that mystique. The buzz around Troubadour doesn't happen for Ratt reunions. 

I think they walked the line from 2011. But a flying piano is a part of Axl, the campy Elton and Freddie thing. I don't think CD is GNR on autopilot. It's not by the numbers, it takes risks. They have evolved from the AFD image and sound. Axl isn't just trying act out the old eras etc. 

the one point that is debatable is about releases. Do they fail to really deliver for the fans or re the quailty of songs make up for it. My feeling is they have next level songs with every release and that's why out flank Bon jovi or Foo Fighters, LA Guns etc. They have better songs, it's not quite Led Zeppelin musically but it's close. To me GNR broke the 80s mold and ushered in the grunge era bands. And even still today with CD they lead the way in artistic expression, the music comes first. 

If I have a burger in my hand, and Axl is hovering around, there is an element of danger in the air.

Come off it. GN'R are about as dangerous as a fart in a French restaurant. Axl flying through the air on a piano - flogging shitty beer. The guy cannot even walk down the street without Fernando wiping his arse as he walks - how dangerous can he be.

• Like 4