"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

This weekend, I've watched two underdog movies.

Eddie the Eagle and Sync or Swim. 

I'm a bit young to remember Eddie the Eagle, so it was all news to me, and made for a really heartwarming comedy.

The latter is about a group of Swedish men who each have their own midlife crisis, and randomly decide to begin synchronised swimming (a sport I was quite proficient at in my youth). http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00srf2g/storyville-sync-or-swim

• Like 2

Fifty shades of black

High School Lover

Pop star no stop no stopping

From A's to XXX

23 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Gypsy-1962 Natalie Wood, Rosalind Russell, Karl Malden 4.5/5 Natalie Wood is absolutely STUNNING in this! good film :)

One of my mom's all time favorite movies. Natalie Wood was so beautiful. Really great actors in a really great movie. Natalie Wood was one of my mom's favorite actresses. She recently watched a special on her life and it was a very happy one. Her death was tragic too. So sad to have lost such a great talent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Hateful Eight.

Liked it better the second time around. Something still felt off and I'd still rank it near the back as far as Tarantino movies go. But I appreciate the effort a little more now.

Interesting film....I love Tarantino.

what I've discovered about this is it's difficult to watch in one sitting.

chop it up in and watch each act every day or two over a week and it becomes very palatable and nearly brilliant.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Hateful Eight.

Liked it better the second time around. Something still felt off and I'd still rank it near the back as far as Tarantino movies go. But I appreciate the effort a little more now.

I thought it was quite brilliant and a return to form, I been dying ever since Kill Bill and the skill with which those church scenes and the whole shit with Michael Madsen and the trailer were filmed to see Tarantino do an out and out western...and i got my wish.  And i gotta say i think it was class.  Ranks right up there for me.

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction

Hateful Eight/Death Proof/Kill Bill (these three are evens)

Django

Inglorious

Maybe even move Pulp Fiction down to just above Django...a bit unfair though, i think it's only slipped in my estimation cuz i watched it to death when it came out and it hasn't really stood up to the abuse, unlike Dogs which i watched just as much if not more but it stood up.  Quite frankly Reservoir Dogs is his best work and i think it might remain that way.

• Like 1