"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I thought it was quite brilliant and a return to form, I been dying ever since Kill Bill and the skill with which those church scenes and the whole shit with Michael Madsen and the trailer were filmed to see Tarantino do an out and out western...and i got my wish.  And i gotta say i think it was class.  Ranks right up there for me.

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction

Hateful Eight/Death Proof/Kill Bill (these three are evens)

Django

Inglorious

Maybe even move Pulp Fiction down to just above Django...a bit unfair though, i think it's only slipped in my estimation cuz i watched it to death when it came out and it hasn't really stood up to the abuse, unlike Dogs which i watched just as much if not more but it stood up.  Quite frankly Reservoir Dogs is his best work and i think it might remain that way.

It was alright. I liked it. It didn't really feel like an out and out western to me though. Felt more just like Tarantino characters in western gear. I mean everybody acted great don't get me wrong. The guy from the Shield is a trip, I like that guy.

Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Kill Bill

Hateful Eight

Basterds

Death Proof

Django

The top half from Dogs to Kill Bill are a good bit ahead of the bottom half. The bottom half I kinda rank/lump all together.

I do agree 100% about Dogs.

Edited by J Dog

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I thought it was quite brilliant and a return to form, I been dying ever since Kill Bill and the skill with which those church scenes and the whole shit with Michael Madsen and the trailer were filmed to see Tarantino do an out and out western...and i got my wish.  And i gotta say i think it was class.  Ranks right up there for me.

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction

Hateful Eight/Death Proof/Kill Bill (these three are evens)

Django

Inglorious

Maybe even move Pulp Fiction down to just above Django...a bit unfair though, i think it's only slipped in my estimation cuz i watched it to death when it came out and it hasn't really stood up to the abuse, unlike Dogs which i watched just as much if not more but it stood up.  Quite frankly Reservoir Dogs is his best work and i thnink it might remain that way.

Reservoir Dogs, Django and Inglourious are 3 of my all time favorite movies!

Ghost World-2001 Thora Birch Scarlett Johansson Steve Buscemi very good, seen it like 4 times now! 4.5/5

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Interesting film....I love Tarantino.

what I've discovered about this is it's difficult to watch in one sitting.

chop it up in and watch each act every day or two over a week and it becomes very palatable and nearly brilliant.  

I'm a big QT fan. That might have something to do with it for me. For all the talk about how it was filmed, 80% of it was in one room. And a lot of his usual stuff felt out of place and too shock jock to me. People's heads blowing up, the blowjob scene, some of the dialogue, felt more unnatural in this one than other movies with that sort of thing for some reason.

I enjoyed it and everything it just didn't feel like it was one of the best Tarantino films.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J Dog said:

Hateful Eight.

Liked it better the second time around. Something still felt off and I'd still rank it near the back as far as Tarantino movies go. But I appreciate the effort a little more now.

i want to see this but i don't want to buy it. is it on Netflix or somewhere else does anyone know? thanks :)

40 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have no idea where a Redbox is in the part of town i live now... maybe i can google it :P

go to redbox.com then there is a link for "find a box" (seriously lol) and you can also put in a movie you may want and it will show you if it is currently available near you and exactly where :)

• Like 1

I thought Hateful 8 was somekind of classic western format that had gone out of style. It's kind of scorpions in a bucket. 

To me it's just the Tarantino-ness of Tarantino's movies that sometimes annoys me. But I mean that's what's great about them. He's kind of like Woody Allen to me, enjoyable, predictable but enjoyable. The main downside is he's trying to be cool, and that makes him a huge nerd. I watch his movies while considering his Kill Bill Ferrari. It's not just a movie. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

I thought Hateful 8 was somekind of classic western format that had gone out of style. It's kind of scorpions in a bucket. 

To me it's just the Tarantino-ness of Tarantino's movies that sometimes annoys me. But I mean that's what's great about them. He's kind of like Woody Allen to me, enjoyable, predictable but enjoyable. The main downside is he's trying to be cool, and that makes him a huge nerd. I watch his movies while considering his Kill Bill Ferrari. It's not just a movie. 

That part about the Tarantino-ness of his movies, that really annoyed me with Hateful 8. Just felt out of place. It works on stuff like Dogs or Pulp Fiction, but Hateful 8 or Basterds, I don't know, just sticks out more or something. But it's still cool to see good actors digging in. Tim Roth, he should be in every Tarantino movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

That part about the Tarantino-ness of his movies, that really annoyed me with Hateful 8. Just felt out of place. It works on stuff like Dogs or Pulp Fiction, but Hateful 8 or Basterds, I don't know, just sticks out more or something. But it's still cool to see good actors digging in. Tim Roth, he should be in every Tarantino movie.

When the dialogue just sounds like Tarantino speaking, that happens in Kill Bill. SLJ in every single movie using the N word. It's like QT movies are Bond movies at this point. There's always a Mexican stand off at the end. Hateful wasn't unlike Res Dogs in cowboy hats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Tim Roth, he should be in every Tarantino movie.

he has been one of my faves ever since Rob Roy in a bad guy glad i got to see you split in half kind of way.

30 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Needful Things

the one based on the Stephen King book?? dude if you have not read it READ IT! it is effing great!

Sangre de mi sangre 4/5

Crazy movie with a crazy twist at the end. Highlights the terrors of people illegally crossing the Mexican border, and the shitiest of events that may happen to them once they cross into America. Recommended if you enjoy foreign films, or films with a crazy twist.

After the Wedding 4/5

Good Swedish movie with a good plot that will keep you throughly captivated. 

The Housemaid 3/5

Remake of a weird ass South Korean movie, with a lot of South Korean tits 

5 hours ago, J Dog said:

Eddie Murphy: Raw

You know why your wife can't walk a flight of steps, you wanna know why?  Cuz she's a fat hairy bitch :lol:  

You don't look after the dog Eddie, you don't even know what the fuck the dogs name is, do you?  The dog, don't give a fuck, he don't know his name either, watch this:  COCO!  Where the fuck is he goin?!?  The dogs stupid!  Cuz you dont spend time with the motherfucker...and I'm supposed to come home after work and be feedin' the dog, fuck no i ain't feeding the dog...y'know what i do when no ones here, Eddie, i kick the motherfucker!  I kick the motherfucker and i giggle my motherfuckin' ass off!

:lol:

On topic:

Heaven Knows Mr Allison - Robert Mitchum, Deborah Kerr, directed by the great John Huston

9 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

And I haven't see any of them :smiley-confused2:

I wouldn't worry darlin', its 2017, in 2017 I'm the weird one for watching 70 yr old movies like they came out yesterday :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

After the Wedding 4/5

Good Swedish movie with a good plot that will keep you throughly captivated. 

It's Danish actually, there's only one Swedish actor in it I think (Rolf Lassgård). Denmarks great at making movies, much better than us swedes for at least the last 15-20 years. I'd recommend: In a better world, flickering Lights, adam's apples, the green butchers, the celebration, the hunt, in China they eat dogs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You know why your wife can't walk a flight of steps, you wanna know why?  Cuz she's a fat hairy bitch :lol:  

You don't look after the dog Eddie, you don't even know what the fuck the dogs name is, do you?  The dog, don't give a fuck, he don't know his name either, watch this:  COCO!  Where the fuck is he goin?!?  The dogs stupid!  Cuz you dont spend time with the motherfucker...and I'm supposed to come home after work and be feedin' the dog, fuck no i ain't feeding the dog...y'know what i do when no ones here, Eddie, i kick the motherfucker!  I kick the motherfucker and i giggle my motherfuckin' ass off!

That shit is so funny. I love the bit about how Italian guys act after watching Rocky. And when he does his Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby impressions. It's hard to tell it these days, but Eddie really didn't give a fuck at one time. Funny as hell.

Edited by J Dog

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

That shit is so funny. I love the bit about how Italian guys act after watching Rocky. And when he does his Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby impressions. It's hard to tell it these days, but Eddie really didn't give a fuck at one time. Funny as hell.

eyy, paisan, you goin' it to see Rocky?  you're gonna love this one, he busts the fuckin' moolies hole like this, thats the way you gotta treat these fuckin' moolies' :lol:  A lot of that is taken from Raging Bull y'know 'don't tell me you're not looking over there, i just saw you, you look over there one more time I'm gonna pick up that glass and shove it in your fuckin' mouth, don't you ever disrespect me' :lol:

Sorry, I've seen Raw and Delirious entirely too many times :lol:  The James Brown impersonation kills it :lol:

• Like 1