The whining thread

john lennon

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

You know, my grandparents always had those foul smelling "mothballs" in all of their closets, but I have never seen a moth-eaten piece of clothing in my life. Maybe we don't have those kind of moths here? by the pic above, I guess it does exist though :lol:

The European Union banned mothballs, that is those containing naphthalene, which is, to use the colloquial, 'the good sheet'.  We have to wait until we mothball the EU to get our bona fide mothballs back.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The European Union banned mothballs, that is those containing naphthalene, which is, to use the colloquial, 'the good sheet'.  We have to wait until we mothball the EU to get our bona fide mothballs back.

I think we can still get that here, I'll smuggle you some hidden in a GnR care package..that'll force you to look at them again :lol:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Look at this poor gits jumper,

MOTHS-918350.jpg

Better not bite my Durham clobber or I'll will eradicate their species.

Apparently a lot of the palaces and stately homes are having a bit of a nightmare with this, protecting furnishings, carpets and clothes that are hundreds of years old!

ok "jumper"....i understand it now but it's still weird! :P

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

Rain. 

trying living somewhere that you get rain, snow and sleet all in the same day :facepalm: and having a huge dog who refuses to go outside when it's raining!

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Look at this poor gits jumper,

MOTHS-918350.jpg

Better not bite my Durham clobber or I'll will eradicate their species.

Apparently a lot of the palaces and stately homes are having a bit of a nightmare with this, protecting furnishings, carpets and clothes that are hundreds of years old!

i had a cashmere sweater that looked like that :( ( the moth eaten part )

21 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so here is my whine. i threw a very small birthday party for my best ever male friend last night. as someone who suffers from extreme panic disorder and a general feeling of everything that goes wrong is always all my fault this was a nightmare. i found out if the people attending had any food allergies ( this is something new for me, back in the day you served what you wanted to serve and people ate it or didn't. ) anyway it was a very simple menu, i made my besties favorite food, red chile chicken enchiladas, spanish rice and a very rich chocolate cake with a satin chocolate glaze...wayyyy too much chocolate for me and too sweet but it's what he wanted. anyway, it went well but today i feel just utterly drained. i keep going over and over it in my mind...did i do everything right? obviously i am not the hostess type. and then i also know the etiquette is ( for those who still abide by it ) since i threw a party these people are going to ask me to some kind of social event. am i obligated to go? i don't want to go! it's not a choice with me, it's something that i cannot change but if i am asked do i just decline or do i have to explain why? idk...

I am the exact same way. I'm an introvert by nature but I also suffer from anxiety (it doesn't effect my day to day life, just in social situations). That combination leads to me wanting to have a social life but wanting to stay in. But if I stay in I'm gonna miss something really cool. But if I go out it's gonna be boring. 

I have a small circle of about 6 or 7 friends that I know pretty well. It shouldn't be a big deal but it is 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I am the exact same way. I'm an introvert by nature but I also suffer from anxiety (it doesn't effect my day to day life, just in social situations). That combination leads to me wanting to have a social life but wanting to stay in. But if I stay in I'm gonna miss something really cool. But if I go out it's gonna be boring. 

I have a small circle of about 6 or 7 friends that I know pretty well. It shouldn't be a big deal but it is 

the weird thing is i have no problem going out say to like a GN'R concert :P but having people over, worrying if i am doing everything right, worrying if i will be a good hostess that just freaks me out. and really the only time i would go out would be to something that was really worth it to me like say a GN'R concert ;)

but i do know where you're coming from...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I need a new vacuum cleaner and they have lowered the watts from 1200 to 620 because of EU regulations:max: i want a brexit vacuum. I want my suction power back. 

I do not know the wattage but the Numatic HET200 ('Netty') is a brilliant model. I ordered it for my mother who always used to buy ten-bob naff vacuum cleaners for £30 which is false economy as they break after a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

Cut my middle finger a bit much and now I can't play guitar without experiencing large amounts o pain

"Nothing but a fucking pussy" :lol:

I sliced mine open quite a bit when I was doing a slide once. Oddly enough it hurt less than a paper cut

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know the wattage but the Numatic HET200 ('Netty') is a brilliant model. I ordered it for my mother who always used to buy ten-bob naff vacuum cleaners for £30 which is false economy as they break after a year.

I already have a Henry which is a close relative to Hetty but I want another one for upstairs. I looked for a new Henry but he's half the power now?