UYI - Should've been three albums.

I'd have lopped-off My World, Don't Cry (alt lyrics), Shotgun Blues and So Fine making them b-sides, apart from My World which should be blasted into oblivion, and replaced them with Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home and Ain't Going Down. That would have improved considerably the Illusion albums. I'd have also stuck the TSI stuff out as Illusion b-sides, and moved You Could Be Mine up the running order, possibly opening the second album with that song - it seems misplaced so far down the order. In an ideal world though I'd have removed all of the overdubs.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd have lopped-off My World, Don't Cry (alt lyrics), Shotgun Blues and So Fine making them b-sides, apart from My World which should be blasted into oblivion, and replaced them with Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home and Ain't Going Down. That would have improved considerably the Illusion albums. I'd have also stuck the TSI stuff out as Illusion b-sides, and moved You Could Be Mine up the running order, possibly opening the second album with that song - it seems misplaced so far down the order. In an ideal world though I'd have removed all of the overdubs.

So Fine is a very good song, however was misplaced after Locomotive. Should have been placed after Perfect Crime, in my opinion.

I agree with you on YCBM, if could have made a decent opener. Civil War somewhere in the middle. Never really liked the last two-three minutes of Civil War, overblown. 

It interesting how songs can sound different depending on where they are placed. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

They should have put the weaker Illusion songs and TSI songs out as b-sides, and then somewhere along the line put out a similar album to Oasis's Masterplan which gathers them together.

TSI was a very weak album. Weak songs that didn't catch their musical inspirations at all. And except for SIDHY the covers were just 1:1 covers.

The album should have contained:

Mama Kin by Aerosmith

Whole Lotta Rosie / Riff Raff by ACDC

Sympathy for the Devil or Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones

Helter Skelter by the Beatles. As fuck you for Charles Manson. 

Only women bleed by Alice Cooper

Sail away sweet sister by Queen

Mother by Pink Floyd

Passenger by Iggy Pop

Tuesday's gone / Free Bird / Simple man by Lynyrd Skynyrd 

One of the punk songs Duff liked

And maybe a Who, Elton John or Led Zeppelin song. 

These bands obviously influenced the band the most and not the punk stuff on TSI.

Edited by 2414225

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Agreed. I would also include "Get in the Ring" as a b-side instrumental similar to "Orion" from Metallica. That way, we would have been spared Axl's childish lyrics.

7 hours ago, Fin said:

So Fine is a very good song, however was misplaced after Locomotive. Should have been placed after Perfect Crime, in my opinion.

I always liked So Fine too. The piano is excellent and the almost bluesy verse and the punky dynamic change in the post-chorus make this song a nice contribution.

The only part that is unfortunate is that Duff isn't a great singer and his half speaking/singing style doesn't benefit the song. And Axl's perverted oohhhh's and aaahhhh's in this song are annoying too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Seems like I'm one the the few which really like My World... Well, I never had a standard musical taste, so iut's fine. ;)

Similar to the 2004 greatest hits the Use Your Illusion compilation tracklist is complete bullshit. With that and how alot of people like to say that UYI II is better than the fist because of UYI I's "filler" (which I think is insane) I figured why not leave it to the actual fans to make out what they think is the better batch of the Illusion songs. Here's my list, share your opinion and tracklist. I chose the number of 15 based off the happy medium of Illusion 1 & 2's 16 and 14 respective song count.

1.Civil War

2. Dust N’ Bones

3. Live and Let Die

4.Don’t Cry

5.14 Years

6. Get in the Ring

7. Bad Obsession

8. Double Talkin’ Jive

9. So Fine

10. Knockin' on Heaven's Door

11. Pretty Tied Up

12. Dead Horse

13. Garden of Eden

14. You Could Be Mine

15. Estranged

1. Civil War

2. 14 Years

3. Live and Let Die

4. Yesterdays

5. Don't Cry

6. Knockin' on Heaven's Door

7. Breakdown

8. Double Talkin' Jive

9. Locomotive

10. November Rain

11. The Garden

12. Estranged

13. You Could Be Mine

14. Dead Horse

15. Coma

Edited by AlexC

3 hours ago, 98izzark said:

Similar to the 2004 greatest hits the Use Your Illusion compilation tracklist is complete bullshit. With that and how alot of people like to say that UYI II is better than the fist because of UYI I's "filler" (which I think is insane) I figured why not leave it to the actual fans to make out what they think is the better batch of the Illusion songs. Here's my list, share your opinion and tracklist. I chose the number of 15 based off the happy medium of Illusion 1 & 2's 16 and 14 respective song count.

1.Civil War

2. Dust N’ Bones

3. Live and Let Die

4.Don’t Cry

5.14 Years

6. Get in the Ring

7. Bad Obsession

8. Double Talkin’ Jive

9. So Fine

10. Knockin' on Heaven's Door

11. Pretty Tied Up

12. Dead Horse

13. Garden of Eden

14. You Could Be Mine

15. Estranged

Interestingly enough you've included more UYI II songs than UYI I contrary to your statement that I isn't as good as II.

8 hours ago, AlexC said:

Interestingly enough you've included more UYI II songs than UYI I contrary to your statement that I isn't as good as II.

Only by one song and that's because I put KOHD even tho I don't even like the UYI version with Sorum. I chose that because I'm sure people would rather see that than You Ain't the First which I perfer to it. As a whole I like Illusion I more but there's some badass shit on UYI II

Edited by 98izzark

1. Perfect Crime

2. Dust N' Bones

3. Don't Cry

4. Bad Obsession

5. November Rain

6. Don't Damn Me

7. Dead Horse

8. Civil War

9. 14 Years

10. Pretty Tied Up

11. Locomotive