Remastered Axl/Duff/Slash Chinese Democracy?

I, like many of you, have mixed feelings about CD. On one hand I love a lot of the songs and on the other can't stand some of the choices (esp how over produced it is). 

No idea what is coming next but how would you feel about a remastered version of Chinese Democracy with Slash and Duff added in? I'd be curious how much that trio could accomplish with some of the amazing canvases they could color...

Madagascar, Sorry, This I Love, Better, Street of Dreams, If The World....

Also wonder if they were to do three or four new tracks, would they supplement with rerecords of some of the better CD songs? 

I for one would welcome it. ?

Just a thought. 

• Like 2

seems more likely they re-work Chi dem, Better, TIL for a Best of cd or you get that via a live blu ray. The live shows seem like the best way to present all the new versions, like of heavens door, rocket queen, the seeker, the ACDC covers, Godfather solos, Double talking Jive, Coma - I'd buy that live album for that stuff. 

I would definitely be interested in Slash doing all the guitars on CD. Maybe even Fortus on rhythmn. Keep the drums. Theyve done it live though. 

Chi dem

Better

TIL

Sorry

Twat

Catcher

that's a solid side of a GNR album. 

Edited by wasted

34 minutes ago, ramsey said:

I, like many of you, have mixed feelings about CD. On one hand I love a lot of the songs and on the other can't stand some of the choices (esp how over produced it is). 

No idea what is coming next but how would you feel about a remastered version of Chinese Democracy with Slash and Duff added in? I'd be curious how much that trio could accomplish with some of the amazing canvases they could color...

Madagascar, Sorry, This I Love, Better, Street of Dreams, If The World....

Also wonder if they were to do three or four new tracks, would they supplement with rerecords of some of the better CD songs? 

I for one would welcome it. ?

Just a thought. 

this is absolute nonsense but if we had a GNR reunion and these guys were willing to play axl song, then it should be fun to have slash, izzy, duff and a drummer (hoepfully) steven rearrange those songs

and play those songs the GNR way

some of those songs are so horrible that they are probably beyond salvation

others would definetely sound at least good with GNR rearranging them and rock n rolling them

they would also have to ask axl to stop using the unlistenable clean bee gees mickey whatever voice

49 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Totally pointless.

They should re-do UYI 1 and 2 w/ new mixing, Adler drumming and turning up the volume on Izzy's guitar. 

Call it "Illusions: RAW"

As for CD - meh. I don't know if Duff and Slash can really do anything interesting or different enough with those songs. Catcher in the Rye would be the most obvious one to re-do. Maybe "If the World" also.

Just now, wasted said:

I look at it like what if Axl brought Catcher or TIL in in demo form and Slash helped with it, then it would be considered real Guns like Nov Rain or Estranged. 

Agree. 

And if they decided to throw in some VR songs...Fall to Pieces with Axl, done guns style. I would LOVE to hear what that sounds like. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I look at it like what if Axl brought Catcher or TIL in in demo form and Slash helped with it, then it would be considered real Guns like Nov Rain or Estranged. 

Yeah, and...those feel legitimately like original guns tracks. TIL actually is from the classic era and would have been on the 96 album anyway. 

• Like 1

Nah, as has already been said, maybe CDII tracks but nothing thats already been released.

This is at least the second "re-recoridng" songs thread this week.  I don't follow how/why this is even a thing?

Also, the thread name says remaster.  Id say the mastering on CD is really good.  Im not speaking to the production (which i dig but am not referring to).  The mastering is a high water mark in the art of mastering, imo.  For it to have such warmth, depth and resonance with all thats going on.  For it to have analog feel in the digital state, and most impressively for it to come out in the middle of the loudness wars and not have any peak limiter issues is just incredible!!  It breathes!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soon said:

Nah, as has already been said, maybe CDII tracks but nothing thats already been released.

This is at least the second "re-recoridng" songs thread this week.  I don't follow how/why this is even a thing?

Also, the thread name says remaster.  Id say the mastering on CD is really good.  Im not speaking to the production (which i dig but am not referring to).  The mastering is a high water mark in the art of mastering, imo.  For it to have such warmth, depth and resonance with all thats going on.  For it to have analog feel in the digital state, and most impressively for it to come out in the middle of the loudness wars and not have any peak limiter issues is just incredible!!  It breathes!

I definitely agree, it's was and still is a standout when it comes to mastering. Especially considering the time in which it came out. Definitely doesn't need a remaster. 

48 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Yeah, and...those feel legitimately like original guns tracks. TIL actually is from the classic era and would have been on the 96 album anyway. 

I think Tommy said they were working on stuff from started in the old band when he joined. It was maybe Tobias or Dizzy stuff. 

51 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Agree. 

And if they decided to throw in some VR songs...Fall to Pieces with Axl, done guns style. I would LOVE to hear what that sounds like. 

It would be interesting to pool all the "solo" stuff and re-record. But yeah why not just write new stuff. I think if Izzy came back with a few songs, Slash's material, Duff songs, Axl songs. But it seems they have left it in the past and Axl has a bun in the oven. It's GNR that has all this material backed up. 

To me a record seems easier to do at their age all the travel must suck. To really get out there and tour is heroic. I can see Axl having material, but there's not a huge market for it. It has to be something they really want to say at this point. CD II does seem like a good starting point. 

3 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Only if the NuGnR re-recording of AFD gets released.

Finck plays AFD and Slash plays CD.

The alternative Best of. 

Slash (around 94-96):

“At one point [Axl] said he was gonna do a solo project, then he decided his solo-project he could do with Guns, which I was like, after doing all those videos and this and that and the other, I was like: No. No, I don’t wanna get involved in any kind of Stephanie Seymour ballads or any of that sh*t”

http://uproxx.com/music/the-story-behind-axl-rose-and-slash-not-speaking-to-each-other-since-1996/

Axl wrote TIL in 93 so it seems likely that one of those Seymour ballads on his mind was TIL.  

Do we call this maturity on Slashs part that he plays it live now?  Would it be maturity for him to now record a version of TIL instead of new music or different unreleased music?