10/30/17 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

gunsguy

39 minutes ago, jonah said:

Not sure who else saw it. But during the ending of November Rain the pyro made the backstage catch fire. Not a little one either like a nice camp fire

Can't see any fire:question:

Edited by EricA

I was surprisingly at peace with not going to this show.  And now I read, rasp is back, awesome show, 6 cd tracks... shoot!!!!  And I even fell asleep early in the show streams.  Booooooooo!!!

Glad for all who made it.  We Toronto crowd usually do inspire a really great performance outta them!

7 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Nice performance! Great vocals..however if I must complain I would say I miss when Jungle was a 5 min song. They are approaching 7 min with the drawn out intro plus drawn out bridge...you don’t need to build anticipation on a song this great! Simply bring the energy and power it deserves. The song will take care of itself 

• Like 2

I fully appreciate the sheer effort Axl is putting into those performances, and he does sound better than all of 2017 and actually better than some moments in 2016.

There are however some clear signs that his voice is absolutely ravaged from the massive tour. His lower register falters ocasionally, and that high rasp he uses for the Better bridge, parts of prostitute, and used for AC/DC Brian songs sounds absolutely obliterated right now. Hopefully it comes back after he rests a bit.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I fully appreciate the sheer effort Axl is putting into those performances, and he does sound better than all of 2017 and actually better than some moments in 2016.

There are however some clear signs that his voice is absolutely ravaged from the massive tour. His lower register falters ocasionally, and that high rasp he uses for the Better bridge, parts of prostitute, and used for AC/DC Brian songs sounds absolutely obliterated right now. Hopefully it comes back after he rests a bit.

From day one, Axl  was always the most erratic out of the members as far as performances go. However, that being said, name one band with a frontman who sings the way he does, that's constantly putting on 3 plus hour shows almost every night. You can't because that band does not exist. That alone is a testament to Axl's vocal ability. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

There seems to be a split in his higher registered rasp vocals. I think that’s fatigue, but there’s a good singer in there still. Technique and style hold him back. If Axl wanted the same things we want then he’d have changed up his style on quite a few songs! 

Can I get one rasped Estranged though? I’d love to see him make that happen. I have no doubts he could 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

I felt he can really sing well on cover songs and CD songs. But for AFD it's more difficult for him

this concert I was in the nosebleeds (vs floor/pit which I've been accustomed to...ha!) as a group of my girlfriends and I went. Paying the extra $200 for a far better seat is well worth it for me...BUT I did manage to have a wonderful time...

During two songs (I can't remember which ones) his vocals/mix changed drastically (I'm not an audio engineer)...so I don't know what that is about...unsure if I heard it more pronounced due to my poor seating.

Maybe b/c of the crap seats or maybe b/c I'm battelling a cold but the concert was far too long for me...and too many CD songs...I would've preferred UYI rairities...HOWEVER, playing TWAT was appreciated.

I'm good for now for GNR live...until 2 years or so hehe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, k12 said:

6  CD songs, almost like Axl is now saying FU to the fans and Slash now that the tour is coming to an end and he has everyone's money

Not really. Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy tracks were very well received at both Toronto shows.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I felt he can really sing well on cover songs and CD songs. But for AFD it's more difficult for him

this concert I was in the nosebleeds (vs floor/pit which I've been accustomed to...ha!) as a group of my girlfriends and I went. Paying the extra $200 for a far better seat is well worth it for me...BUT I did manage to have a wonderful time...

During two songs (I can't remember which ones) his vocals/mix changed drastically (I'm not an audio engineer)...so I don't know what that is about...unsure if I heard it more pronounced due to my poor seating.

Maybe b/c of the crap seats or maybe b/c I'm battelling a cold but the concert was far too long for me...and too many CD songs...I would've preferred UYI rairities...HOWEVER, playing TWAT was appreciated.

I'm good for now for GNR live...until 2 years or so hehe

3.5 hour concerts are long. The double solo spot before SCOM, wywh/layla, and kohd really seemed to drag. All great on their own but all together was a bit much. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I won't write too much but I was fortunate to attend last night... last minute decision.  Ended up with floor tickets center stage. 

The band sounded great, I mean they were pretty fucking tight.  Axl seems to have pushed himself in Toronto more than I have seen in some time, he gave it everything he had and seemed to really be into the show, he blew my mind last night. I really got to experience a brilliant performance.

There were some issues here and there with the band and with Axl but in my opinion that is what I want to see, it is a live show that is in excess of 3 hours performed by humans, it is Rock N' Roll and Guns were never perfect nor should they be!

Some forum members saw me last night, thanks for saying hello, always cool to run into other fans from the board!

I am gonna dump my cell pics tonight and if any are worthy I will post them here.

All in all a great show and the best I have seen in recent memory.  Long live GN'R! 

☺👍✌

Axl was very clear that it was Duff and Slash’s idea to learn the CD material. He had no idea until he showed up to rehearsals for the first time. I think it was a touching gesture to Axl and something that may have helped move this reunion thing in a positive direction. Basically Slash and Duff saying “we are here for you too”. 

Could there be better songs to replace the cd ones? Of course

i just wouldn’t be so quick to say this is an Axl thing. 

We know he’s doing Coma for Slash..who knows if there were other songs added for Slash or Duff, but regardless they are making millions, Axl is happy, Slash is happy, Duff is happy. Just let it be

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They wouldn't be playing 6 CD songs a night because Axl said- Slash and Duff would definitely say something if they were against it. I have no issue with people hating the album but you can't argue that Axl is forcing Slash and Duff to learn all these songs.

Slash is Axl's bitch and Axl knows it, Axl could say he wants to play a whole set of CD and I am sure Slash is going to go along with it, and Duff, well Duff is not going to say anything either way, I am sure he is happy at this "reunion" and the money it is making

if it were up to Slash there would be zero CD songs being played, Slash and Axl are the 2 iconic GNR members and GNR is their (among others) baby, you think Slash wants to play a song that was written by someone else when he was out? it is like a a guy breaking up with his long time girlfriend, but getting back together with that girlfriend on the condition he is going to sleep with his "side" girl every now and than while they were broken up

• Like 1

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Axl was very clear that it was Duff and Slash’s idea to learn the CD material. He had no idea until he showed up to rehearsals for the first time. I think it was a touching gesture to Axl and something that may have helped move this reunion thing in a positive direction. Basically Slash and Duff saying “we are here for you too”. 

Could there be better songs to replace the cd ones? Of course

i just wouldn’t be so quick to say this is an Axl thing. 

We know he’s doing Coma for Slash..who knows if there were other songs added for Slash or Duff, but regardless they are making millions, Axl is happy, Slash is happy, Duff is happy. Just let it be

again, Slash I am sure was desperate to get back to this GNR thing, and he knew he had to appease Axl, saying he wanted to play the CD was definitely the best way

• Like 1