Guns partner with Harley Davidson

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

The only ray of light you could possibly hope for is Axl's giant cash horde will allow him to buy the rights to the vault material, go independent, and distribute everything himself.

Dude...........................................nice thought but there's just NO WAY that will ever happen.

They could have down SO many cool things for us fans by now but they (read: he) just don't want to. Plain & simple. He could open "the vault" now and sell it to just us for like $40 a song per download. We'd all pay and he'd make a killing. He just doesn't give a shit to.

I've been negative as shit today, but my post above reminded me of something cool that's come out of being on the forums which was meeting you at my pre-party. I don't know if you remember this but soon after arriving you said something like "I think most horror movies start with meetings like this" and it killed. Well done :lol:

So.......... this is what that patent information was about?! :wow:

I don't know if anyone remembers but some months ago we had a thread here with information on the new patents that Axl had been registering and one of them was apparel.

We all joked about Axl releasing a clothing line and now it's become a reality!

There was also something about Tequila and food......... anyone remembers? Where's the link to that thread? It was pretty much revealing and future telling!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

So.......... this is what that patent information was about?! :wow:

I don't know if anyone remembers but some months ago we had a thread here with information on the new patents that Axl had been registering and one of them was apparel.

We all joked about Axl releasing a clothing line and now it's become a reality!

There was also something about Tequila and food......... anyone remembers? Where's the link to that thread? It was pretty much revealing and future telling!!! :lol:

I had that same thought yesterday morning: "SHIT. This is what the patent info was about"

That's why I made my post earlier about D&N getting flooded with this shit, because I'm assuming this is the tip of the shit iceberg.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I had that same thought yesterday morning: "SHIT. This is what the patent info was about"

That's why I made my post earlier about D&N getting flooded with this shit, because I'm assuming this is the tip of the shit iceberg.

Imma look for that thread just for the lulz :lol:

And also it seems all that info about patents is trustworthy :ph34r: even if most of it sounds weird, shit is becoming real :scared:

Just now, killuridols said:

Imma look for that thread just for the lulz :lol:

And also it seems all that info about patents is trustworthy :ph34r: even if most of it sounds weird, shit is becoming real :scared:

PLEASE don't bump it! lol

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

Yeah. It's a major bummer. :(

When I was adding up tour profits yesterday, I came across a stat that says that Beyonce made $7m on music streaming/sales last year whereas Guns made $2m. And she's Beyonce. And it was arguably the biggest record of the year. I think that says it all.

Haha yeah. I remember that. It was a good time. Glad I could meet some of you guys and get out of my regular hermit mode. 

You're welcome any random Friday night that you'd like to join. You'll be surrounded by music fans spinning music by artists who make music, i.e. not GN'R fans lol

P.S. Lemonade is popular but incredibly over rated outside of the first 4 tracks. 

3 hours ago, Muddy said:

i hate everything about Guns N Roses in 2017. Overpriced , shitty merchandise. Overpriced tickets to a nostalgia tour.  No new music .

Chris Pitmen was right , it's a fuckin cash grab

Apart from new music, its what KISS has been doing since their reunion tour in 96. However im not ready to be negative yet. Once this tour wraps up in November will be the telling story. If 2018 will be about more touring and no new music then ill be done as well. I cant see them touring and living out of a suitcase next year for another 2 years without new music whether its an album or some sort of an EP. Slash would be bored without making some sort of new music. His life is record music-tour-repeat, so im holding out for info once the tour finishes. This tour has been about establishing relationships after 25 years, we just need to be patient until the end of the year. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Edit-
I just re-read my post and I'm stunned by my own post lol. I mean............if anyone would have said to me in 2014 "Oh trust me, it'll be worse once Slash & Duff come back" I would have cordially invited them to go fuck yourself and probably banned them. Then I'd be sitting here now going "Fuck me! They were right! How is that possible??" lol

Edit Edit-
I'm constantly on the look out for new artists of all genres and thank god for that. If I sat around obsessing about this one bad, I'd barely even call myself a music fan!

That is actually quite depressing, that Slash and Duff are only too happy doing the bare minimum to milk the cash cow and then will fuck off to do their own thing once it's dry? 

It's not like I expect Axl, Slash and Duff to be these noble, full of integrity, do-it-for-the-art type people.  I understand the lure of the cash. But I did expect them to like their own music enough to want to a) create more of it and b) release stuff they'd already created.  I did expect them to communicate (there's an idea!) that there would definitely be new music because I thought they'd be excited by that prospect.  I didn't expect the total radio silence on that subject.  

If they'd just come out and said, Look, there's going to be no new music, this is a reunion tour only, so come see us while you can, grab your merch while you can, because this is it folks, I'd be cool with that.  At least there's honesty and we know where we stand.  But this: maybe we will, maybe we won't, we'll just see how it plays out, I wasn't thinking beyond Coachella, Izzy's just being Izzy, Steven who? what anniversary? we'll just add more dates, ohhh - that anniversary - here have some more useless MERCH! is so the opposite of what I was expecting I don't even know what to make of it, or where to begin, or how to process it.  

Like you, @RussTCB at least I'm into other bands/music so I'm not obsessing over GNR.  I'm just so fucking disappointed in them right now.

• Like 4

Not sure how this is surprising to some.  Slash and Duff will release music — when they're not touring with Gn'R.  The idea of Axl trying to work on something new after Chinese Democracy is impossible for me to grasp.

He knew and knows that the money is in playing with Slash again, not in a new album.  He won't release shit, he doesn't have to.  The current tour has generated enough revenue for him to retire and his fans keep on giving him their money.  Again and again.

"He sounds like shit? Don't care.  Keep taking my money, Axl, but I will sure as fuck cry and moan when you deny us the possibility of hearing new music!"  That doesn't sound rational to me.

In the end, and at aleast for me, is better to think that this band is still dead, and all I have is the great bootlegs from the 90s, that I can listen to, again and again, but for free.

• Like 2

A selection of decent comments on the internet:

• When are Taco Bell and GNR releasing their co-branded collection of Axl Supremes.
  • 'At'a boy Axl, leave no dollar behind' - G. Simmons
  • Axl Rose still living off the 1987-1991 music...yawn city.
  • That is getting pathetic. New music, that's all I want. I'm not even interested to see them live before they release a new record.