RTB produced Madagascar leaked?

4 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

What on Earth is all this nonsense about different re-recorded vocals?! Every single studio version of Madagascar down to the 2002 radio clip has the exact same vocals from 1999. Same for Twat, Catcher and SoD. 

SoD had new vocals recorded in 2006 which were the lyrics in the outro which were previously just wordless howling. But the main vocals have always been the same on everything. Only background and multi-layering on the choruses were added for some thing e.g. on this RTB Madagascar you can hear two vocals on "If we ever find it's true....." the really high and the really low ones. But single-layered. The album version is more layered and/or processed.

Not sure why you quoted me, I didnt talk about Axl's vocals. But yeah, its the same as the final version. The mixing got the background vocals louder tho.

==

IMO, this is not fake. It COULD be fake, but it would be really hard to put it together like this. There's some indication that its real - the scratching guitar at the very ending last a bit longer than on the CD version (which had a fade out). The other thing is the drums sounding more like Josh Freese. Bucket's solo starts different and there's some different Tommy bass there. Also, Axl's background vocals wouldnt be that easy to remix from the Rock Band tracks since they are mixed together. 

Could the guy fake it through some really painful rework on the available tracks? Yeah. He also would have to rerecord some keyboards, drums, bass and guitars on his own. Its way too much effort just to fool a bunch of fans. 

32 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Thanks. Won't open on my iPhone but will save the Dropbox link for later

Try VLC. I believe there is an iOS version.

Edited by Voodoochild
Cleaning up

This version feels a lot more raw in the vocal delivery, it's got some positive and negatives.  Very nice that it comes in a lot more clear in the mix and isn't diluted by all the instruments in the background, almost too raspy in the intro when he ends up going into clean vocals by the second verse anyway.  Guitars sound perfect here.  Harmonies are a bit more awkward because of how much louder they are than the lead vox.

Might be controversial, but a more fleshed-out solo would have been much better than the MLK speech and other vocal samples inserted into the bridge of the song.  Gonna take the time to mention the Rock Band version of the track is my favorite because of it:

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

I don't think it is fake because let's be honest.... what would be the point of faking a 2001 demo of a song that has been released for nearly a decade, that isn't even near the strongest track on the album, that was already old news as a song by the end of 2002, and that isn't even an amazing song to begin with? lol

Plus the instrumentation and the way everything sounds.... it is definitely legit

I've always preferred the "fuller" mixes on the final album to demos, and feel the same here. The title track, Better, IRS, TWAT... with all of them I prefer the layers upon layers of sound. The only song where I wish the layers were pared back is Catcher.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I don't think the under riffing is on the final version or in the Rock Band files.

The bum-bum, bum-bum, double time bum-bum (2:41-2:42). The closest thing is Tommy's bass track but no guitar track of that.

It does have it's bizarre elements most notably the outro which has abrupt changes and layering. The siren-y type effect fades out quickly to the left channel and then the guitar feedback attacks both channels before fading fast again to the left channel.

But the MLK/Vocal Sample has abrupt transitions in 2001/2002 if you listen to live soundboards as well. Each clip was basically just pasted in there, not any cross fading or anything to make it sound smoother. 

yes, I noticed the MLK vocal sample in this version is cut clearly earlier than on the newer leaks. that makes one more reason why this is legit.

about the amateurish feel of the guitars - we should all remember again, that this might be Robin-less version, only with Paul or Axl or some unknown guitarist doing rhytms, with some shy Bucket improvisations over those.

• Like 1

Just now, CAFC Nick said:

Did anyone actually manage to save this link before it went down? I was listening to it on my phone on the tube home last night, tried to come back to it this morning but it has been taken down.

Send me a PM.

2 hours ago, Axl_in_a_Coma said:

I would also be delighted. ;)

Guys, send me a PM.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, username said:

Any other new leaks from this era? Or just this one? 

Presenting this one song is nice.

More would be even nicer.

Many more are out there. 

Eventually they'll all leak, right? 

Person who leaked it claims to also have The Blues 2001 and TWAT 2001. Along with new OMG, Silkworms, and the CD remixes. Whether they actually leak them or not is a different story...

And no, it's not MSL.

11 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Person who leaked it claims to also have The Blues 2001 and TWAT 2001. Along with new OMG, Silkworms, and the CD remixes. Whether they actually leak them or not is a different story...

And no, it's not MSL.

Wonder what made them leak Madagascar now? Seems quite a strange time to release it, came totally out of the blue.

Would assume they, being from the same era, won't have Robin on them? Would be interesting to hear what they have done with the solos then.

18 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Let's rape the vaults and go all out.