Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

16 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

To you, none of it matters.  I would enjoy a AFD box set with great quality audio on stuff like SOYL

Agree! And I hope that those new/remastered songs are available as fast as possible in some streaming service like Apple Music. I don’t want to wait until they ship, it will take ages until this box get to where I am.

• Like 1

It would be nice if it was more than a box set but a proper box set with demos and out takes and nice packaging would be great nonetheless. They just over hype things like this. Zeppelin has been putting out packages like this for every album for the last few years now and they just issue a press release when each batch is announced.

Thats the current GNR though...just like when they did a countdown and it ended up being more dates for a long tour that had a ton of dates remaining still.

We're all hoping for some AFD5 shows but the chances are ultra slim. Maybe they will do some cool intimate shows as promotion to go along with this, who knows?

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Exactly him. The clean falsetto in the Shadow of your love sounds like Ax today. Probably a re-recording Axl did before the reunion or earlier.

Comparing the snippet of the opening verse to those of the other GNR demos of the same song, to me it sounds exactly like early Axl

If I had to guess, they probably took the multitrack tapes from whatever version this is, and created a new modern mix - I can see the guitar lick being new too and mixed in with it, but not the vocals

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

man how fantastic will it be if they have five (or four? or three? or two? or even just one!) unheard songs from that era and they release them in this appetite deluxe edition!

it doesnt sound like thety will do that... i suppose if they were releasing any uncirculated song that no one knows about then they would be teasing us with it instead of shadow of your love, right?

Yep, I agree. But we are allowed to dream :)

Just now, WhazUp said:

Comparing the snippet of the opening verse to those of the other GNR demos of the same song, to me it sounds exactly like early Axl

If I had to guess, they probably took the multitrack tapes from whatever version this is, and created a new modern mix - I can see the guitar lick being new too and mixed in with it, but not the vocals

That could also be very possible. Damn. I also guess that when Slash recorded the new licks he phoned in Axl and sent 'em the new guitar parts... just like the old days. So that no one would see them in the same studio together. :lol:

That is old Axl, guys. 80's Axl. You guys just like getting your hopes up. lol

Axl wouldn't sing like that for GNR even if he could. He will save his decent voice for more important things in his life, like new ACDC music.

Chinese Democracy vocals is what we would get, which is awful.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

2 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Axl wouldn't sing like that for GNR even if he could. He will save his decent voice for more important things in his life, like new ACDC music.

Axl could sing great in a studio still. It's the running around the stage and being out of shape that kills his voice live for the most part. That's why he sounded good with AC/DC..Angus runs the show, so he didn't have to be nearly as active.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Not trying to get hopes up by thinking it's a new recording. That was just what I thought when I heard it, the clean falsetto with tiny bit of rasp was something he was doing with AC/DC and a little bit with GN'R in the NITL tour. Doesn't matter though, because what matters most is DJ Ashba isn't in on any of it. ;)

Yeah now that Diesel made me aware of that Mike Clink-recorded Shadow which never leaked before, im starting to think that it is that very recording we are hearing on GNR.FM, and not anything that's actually new (as in, not anything that was actually recorded recently). Guess I just got too excited.

hopefully the box set has more unheard nuggets like that though, and not just Shadow. Even if it isn't necesarily new, at least it's "new" for us.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Axl could sing great in a studio still. It's the running around the stage and being out of shape that kills his voice live for the most part. That's why he sounded good with AC/DC..Angus runs the show, so he didn't have to be nearly as active.

Not like that he couldn't. He proved that with Chi Dem. Not even Illusions Axl could sing like the vocals in that clip. That is 80's Axl vocals.

5 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

This isnt a normal band. Even so, this is an AFD box set and a highly doubt guns have anywhere near multiple discs of full, unreleased songs from that era. I think they'd struggle to cobble one together.

if you mean songs that were never in circulation, i suppose you are right

but they must have HOURS of alternate versions

including alternate axl vocals

remember those alternate takes from one in a million and you're crazy from the lies sessions that sound completely different from the ones on the disc?

yeah...

i can tell you that I will be first in line if they ever decide to release any alternate takes from that era!

Edited by ludurigan

8 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Not like that he couldn't. He proved that with Chi Dem. Not even Illusions Axl could sing like the vocals in that clip. That is 80's Axl vocals.

yeah i think the same

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

In a Brazilian mall. These posters look great there....love all the different places they are being found in.

is this a record store?

16 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

If someone punched you in the face, would it be a safe bet to assume that person doesn't like you?

When exactly did Axl punch you in the face? :lol:

This is off topic nonsense and won't go anywhere productive. I won't change my opinion and am not trying to convince you to change yours. 

8 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Also, how sad would it be if the first thing they managed to record in 100 years is a Hollywood Rose song from 110  years ago. lol. Sad and somehow perfect.

•  

if guns n roses reunited in 2018 they could record a bee gees song that i am sure it would sound fantastic

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

No...don't think so, another angle I saw in a different pic looked like it was just in a hallway entrance of sorts to the mall or somewhere in it.

thanks!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

if guns n roses reunited in 2018 they could record a bee gees song that i am sure it would sound fantastic

The 'wake up it's time to play' version of Shadow of Your Love has some of Axl's greatest ever singing imo. He'd never be able to sing it like that now. Best to leave it alone.

8 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I'll be honest, unless the announcement includes new songs by the current lineup, it's going to probably be a disappointment to the fanbase.  I highly doubt your average music buyer/fans are looking for spruced up demos from 1986.

exactly!

the 2016-2017 GNA tour proves that!

Its pretty obvious people paid top dollar to listen to "new songs by the current lineup"

:rofl-lol:

by all accounts, every time GNA played one of those horrible songs from 1986 people would be truly upset!

:rofl-lol:

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

The 'wake up it's time to play' version of Shadow of Your Love has some of Axl's greatest ever singing imo. He'd never be able to sing it like that now. Best to leave it alone.

i agree. anything from that era is pure gold. and it cant be duplicated, specially axls vocals.

BUT i think that anything recorded today by axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven would still be good or great. axl obviously would be the weak link cause his voice is fucked but maybe he would somehow manage to sound good enough in studio

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It doesn't make sense to put a brand new song on an AFD box set. Not NITL live stuff either.

exactly