Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

I can't see them selling this for $150 if they have gone to the effort for world wide promo, it will have to be something cheaper, appealing to the masses... especially when it will most likely drop on Spotify

They'll be tiered packages, I'm sure of it...A basic remastered Appetite with bonus disc will probably be the vanilla...all the way up to the boxset + Vinyl, etc...

Looks to me that people are getting wayyyyyyy over excited. Gnr.FM. Surely the clue is in the name? 

An internet based radio station playing GNR with plenty rare material, re-masters and maybe a few re-recorded songs? It looks like that to me. Guess we'll have to wait.

On the background though... why so many dots in Japan???!??! any ideas?

Edited by Route66

Sweet, $150 for songs we’ve all heard before. What a bargain lol. Sorry for being cynical. 

I for one will be keeping my hard earned money. I went to 2 stops on NITL and got 2 tees. 

Still think it’s cool something is being released. 

There are three Guns N' Roses versions of ''Shadow of Your Love'',

1/ Sound City version recorded 2-4 June 1986, produced by Manny Charlton. This is the version on the ''Live and Let Die'' single, with the ''wake up, it's time to die'' intro. It is incorrectly labeled in the sleeve as being mixed by Hanspeter Heuber. 

2/ Pasha Studios (Live Like A Suicide sessions) version recorded July-August 1986, produced by Spencer Proffer, mixed by Hanspeter Heuber. This is the faux live version on the ''It's so Easy'' single and Japanese Live in the Jungle EP.

3/ Cam-Am version, July 1986, produced by Mike Clink. This is currently uncirculated. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

Just now, Manfisman said:

Axl voice really sounds re-recorded, and the guitar as well. Would love it if all the demos are re-recorded. And please include one or two unheard songs.

I agree. I also think that might be Fortus playing Izzy's part. Hard to tell. IF it is he's doing a really good job on it! Slash has also changed his lead tone from the original.

Is there a website that includes all recording sessions and song details for GNR? A la Princevault ? 
Would love to read up on all the different demos and takes of material...
Anyone able to link me or provide a section of here where all the info on this sits? cheers

3 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Looks to me that people are getting wayyyyyyy over excited. Gnr.FM. Surely the clue is in the name? 

An internet based radio station playing GNR with plenty rare material, re-masters and maybe a few re-recorded songs? It looks like that to me. Guess we'll have to wait.

If all this promotion was just for some website/app, then the only logical assumption would be some kind of digital vault: pay $5 for any soundboard recording from any era, or $10 for the video/soundboard from any era. Maybe throw some photos from the gigs in there too.

But if it was just for a streaming site (lol) they'd just post about it on twitter or something.... not put up billboards all over the world :lol:

As much as I'd actually prefer they just launch a digital vault, like most people I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an AFD boxset.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If all this promotion was just for some website/app, then the only logical assumption would be some kind of digital vault: pay $5 for any soundboard recording from any era, or $10 for the video/soundboard from any era. Maybe throw some photos from the gigs in there too.

But if it was just for a streaming site (lol) they'd just post about it on twitter or something.... not put up billboards all over the world :lol:

As much as I'd actually prefer they just launch a digital vault, like most people I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an AFD boxset.

Could be correct on this one but maybe it's also downloadable content that fans can pay GNR directly for? avoiding all the other areas that take their percentage? Seems to me like something GNR with Duff's financial brain added might decide to do. 

So how does this map work? I’m on my iPhone and sharing my signal and have a Slash icon but I don’t see any map? I don’t get the point of this. Am I supposed to sit here for hours listening to a 30 second clip of Shadow of your Love? I realize the real deal is in 2+ days or whatever... but I’ve heard a map mentioned... 

5 minutes ago, Route66 said:

I agree. I also think that might be Fortus playing Izzy's part. Hard to tell. IF it is he's doing a really good job on it! Slash has also changed his lead tone from the original.

If they record Fortus playing parts on the classic songs that will be enough to make me never buy it..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

So how does this map work? I’m on my iPhone and sharing my signal and have a Slash icon but I don’t see any map? I don’t get the point of this. Am I supposed to sit here for hours listening to a 30 second clip of Shadow of your Love? I realize the real deal is in 2+ days or whatever... but I’ve heard a map mentioned... 

You only get a map if your near a location that has posters otherwise nothing 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are three Guns N' Roses versions of ''Shadow of Your Love'',

1/ Sound City version recorded 2-4 June 1986, produced by Manny Charlton. This is the version on the ''Live and Let Die'' single, with the ''wake up, it's time to die'' intro. It is incorrectly labeled in the sleeve as being mixed by Hanspeter Heuber. 

2/ Pasha Studios (Live Like A Suicide sessions) version recorded July-August 1986, produced by Spencer Proffer, mixed by Hanspeter Heuber. This is the faux live version on the ''It's so Easy'' single and Japanese Live in the Jungle EP.

3/ Cam-Am version, July 1986, produced by Mike Clink. This is currently uncirculated. 

Do you know of any other uncirculated recordings from the AFD era that could potentially be on this new set?

2 minutes ago, Route66 said:

LOL. In all honesty it sounds a lot like Izzy to me but i guess we'll find out soon. 

Hopefully you are right! That last lead before the vocals doesn't sound like Slash to me.. That would be super cool if Izzy was involved to some extent.