Ep. 71 - Copyright Democracy (feat. Ms. Metal & FransNRoses)

• downzy pinned this topic
16 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Sorry, i don't listen this interview, but ,someone can tell me about what all posts said are angry and with sadness❓ i not understand, i be very intrigued about what happen😕

Several GNR fan channels on YouTube were hit with copyright strikes seemingly out of nowhere, knocking many offline for good. These GNR fans put in hours or even years of work into their pages, only to have them shutdown with little to no explanation. There are suspicions that a couple of "fans" are behind this or even the band. We have an overdue conversation that many have had in the online community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Sorry, i don't listen this interview, but ,someone can tell me about what all posts said are angry and with sadness❓ i not understand, i be very intrigued about what happen😕

A lot of fan channels are being harassed with copyright claims on various social media channels. Channels on Youtube are being shut down without any real explanation why, and these fans don't know if the band, record label or other fans are responsible for this. After listening to the episode I'm honestly not sure who is to blame, it's definitely a shitty situation for these fans to find themselves in though :(

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Several GNR fan channels on YouTube were hit with copyright strikes seemingly out of nowhere, knocking many offline for good. These GNR fans put in hours or even years of work into their pages, only to have them shutdown with little to no explanation. There are suspicions that a couple of "fans" are behind this or even the band. We have an overdue conversation that many have had in the online community.

Thanks@Gambit83, ok yes, i know this sadly😡i thinked that would be something i not know, i know about @Gibbo78 was shut down his Youtoube channel and many more fans, i think that GNR management need put end this problem,i think this make to damage the fans and the self band,thanks for you reply ,you are very kindly.

• Like 1

Total speculation but this wasn't an issue until the collector sets came along.  Maybe once the initial sales period is over, things will return to normal.  Remember the band turned to the collector fans to put these sets together.  Maybe they just don't want what they are selling put up on the net with fan made videos at this point.  Youtube is not responding, I assume unlike them, so maybe they are stalling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downliner said:

A lot of fan channels are being harassed with copyright claims on various social media channels. Channels on Youtube are being shut down without any real explanation why, and these fans don't know if the band, record label or other fans are responsible for this. After listening to the episode I'm honestly not sure who is to blame, it's definitely a shitty situation for these fans to find themselves in though :(

Thank you@Downliner,yes i know this problem, i not listen the interview and thinked was something new,thanks👍✊is a very sad situation to these fans  ,because they make anything for love ,i think the management has part of responsability for this situation.

14 minutes ago, It’s So Easy said:

Insanity, that’s right. There’s no other way to describe this. I think is time for the band or their management to address this and stop the cyberbullying.

GNR has very unhealthy followers, none should be given a platform to keep spreading their bs preventing true fans from enjoying.

I hope this mess gets sorted out soon and those affected by it can get their stuff and youtube channels back.

Is horrible the feud between fans, is very crazy,and i think the management has bit the responsability in this ,they not should are only for the party,  they too should are capable to solve problems ,Axl have a huge entourage .

My guess is record company doing it, and management can’t seriously justify legally opposing the recomp on that. I don’t think band members or management have too much to gain from the box set releases or even the extra cd sales shutting down youtube channels generates. The negative energy generated loses sales as much, if not more. The stigma of napster still sullies my view of metallica. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, wasted said:

My guess is record company doing it, and management can’t seriously justify legally opposing the recomp on that. I don’t think band members or management have too much to gain from the box set releases or even the extra cd sales shutting down youtube channels generates. The negative energy generated loses sales as much, if not more. The stigma of napster still sullies my view of metallica. 

Universal would only block your videos, not give you a strike.

• Like 2

In my opinion its a really serious situation The 3 Little Pigs goes to far this time im pretty sure even the supposed official taken downs riaa , ifpi, umg are fakes youtube doesnt check the veracity of the claims them dont wanna get in trouble and just take the shit out its easier and faster for them, also  i dont think its anything related with the box released either for me its more related with those leaks recently and the shit it brought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I never understood why lars took Napster to court. In my view the whole file sharing was no different to when lars and james were taping other bands from tape and circulating them to friends. Which is what we did when we were kids. Except the file sharing is to more people

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I never understood why lars took Napster to court. In my view the whole file sharing was no different to when lars and james were taping other bands from tape and circulating them to friends. Which is what we did when we were kids. Except the file sharing is to more people

I think it was sort of more damaging to record sales. Maybe, real Metallica fans buy the cd. We got ripped off first paying 9.99 for cds in the 90s. It’s just a bit gross people who made millions then worrying they aren’t making a killing again. I don’t want them to starve and maybe it hurts smaler artists but there’s a freedom to streaming even releasing for free. It was like they were just in it for the money. 

First I think the band has all the right to protect their copyright and all. But look at how other established acts treat their fansbase and compare that to GN'R. There is no official "channel" to communicate, no spokesperson, everything is hush-hush, closed circle or no communication at all - resulting in hearsay, lies, rumours and bored people doing stupid shit hurting the band and other fans when in the end all of them have one thing in common that should unite all: they passionately love the band and their music.

From the outside, it looks more like a take the money and run situation, yet when you meet them in person they turn out to be really nice people who actually seem to care for their fans. So why not just organise it all a bit better, open up a bit more and in that control and eventually dry the swamp of bullshit in a much nicer and effective manner? The way they go about it now makes all the "real" fans suffer for loving the band as just because they don't feel like dealing with the bs they shut everything down. I don't get it. They make it all too hard for everyone. Guess it comes with the territory of letting friends and family handle the business? I don't know any other band in the history of music that has a more strained relationship with their hrdcore fans. Just relax everyone, it might take away a bit from the mistique but it might take everything to the next level and sustain much nicer into the future.

• Like 1