Guns N' Roses - I Don't Care About You [Unreleased Music Video 1994]

1 hour ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

But "SIDHY" single was released in US and UK in the middle of '94.. so.. there's a possibility.

The wikipedia information about when it was released as a single is probably wrong.

From this article, from January 1994, it looks like it was already released:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t135-since-i-don-t-have-you#11860

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, zombux said:

I like how Wikipedia now lists IDCAY music video as unreleased! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses_discography#Music_videos

just the director is completely wrong. it seems BloJo and his slave friend Alfred actually helped this! 

:lol: The user who edited it appears to have made a lot of other edits.

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The wikipedia information about when it was released as a single is probably wrong.

do you consider a-4-d.com a legit source? not trying to start anything here now, just asking :)

1 hour ago, zombux said:

do you consider a-4-d.com a legit source? not trying to start anything here now, just asking :)

Yes, I do, because I posted that newspaper clip :lol: It's just an indication though.

Edited by Blackstar

20 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Pretty bad ass song and love the energy in the video. 

Did they ever play this live or is this just other songs made to sync with this song?

No, they never played it live.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:
3 hours ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

But "SIDHY" single was released in US and UK in the middle of '94.. so.. there's a possibility.

Regardless of when the single was released, I think it's possible that the video was filmed and released before that, because Gilby is in it. From what we know, after the ill-fated rehearsals in March-April 1994, Gilby was with one foot out of the band.

3 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Question, what’s the ‘Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (live) 1992’ video listed on the music video wiki page? Just happened to look at it earlier in the thread. Is it the FMTC?

That's the one from 92 Wembley and its considered as official Music Video. MTV and VH1 used to show it among music videos as well.

15 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Bittube must have a bit glitch for some reason the videos only stay up for 6 hrs then disappear. If the video stops working send me a pm and ill post a new link :thumbsup:

https://bit.tube/play?hash=Qmb1mctWSUMfA9iBkrHBfLwznEFe4hiZzpramwzJpaycng&channel=20592

Could post a new link? I think it's off now already.

Was actually better than I thought it would be.. Someone mentioned the awful Bad Apples video that is all footage stolen from Don't Cry but this all seems like I hadn't seen before for the most part. From the might Skin N' Bones tour too \m/

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, Blackstar said:

In Axl and Slash's final interview in early Jan 94, they talk as if the video hasn't been made yet. 

Christine - I just wanted to let you guys know that you're my favorite band and I just want to know, are you planning on making any videos off "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Slash - We're talking about it.

Axl - Yeah, we're talking about "Since I Don't Have You", and Slash is working on project for "Hair Of The Dog", actually. I have no idea'¦

I have seen fans back on usenet talking in Feb 94 how the single has been out for a month with no video, which was odd; then someone mentions that the video premiered on Muchmusic on 2/19/1994, and another person mentions they caught the MTV premiere of it on 2/24/94. So it was likely filmed sometime in early/mid Feb '94.

Edited by Fashionista
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 1:53 PM, Fashionista said:

That for me is THE holy Grail. Imagine a UYI tour boxset with:

-Restored, cleaned up footage from things like the Robert John videos, interviews, GN'R in Greece, etc

-Making Fuckin' Videos restored and released on DVD/Blu-Ray

-DVDs/Blu Rays of shows of core shows from 91, 92, and 93 (with Farm Aid '90 and the widescreen shot on film 91 warmup shows as bonus footage)

-2 double albums of live material, culled from concerts from 91 to 93

VERY unlikely, a real fan would have to be involved in the making of such box set.

1 minute ago, cineater said:

What?  A real fan was highly involved in the making of the current box set, supplied quite a bit of it, so.....

No real fan commitment anymore please... Considering all the behind the scenes gangster stories we've heard in latest episode of Appetite for Distortion... 

4 hours ago, Fashionista said:

I have seen fans back on usenet talking in Feb 94 how the single has been out for a month with no video, which was odd; then someone mentions that the video premiered on Muchmusic on 2/19/1994, and another person mentions they caught the MTV premiere of it on 2/24/94. So it was likely filmed sometime in early/mid Feb '94.

I knew about the Axl-Slash interview, but thanks for this! Another confirmation that SIDHY was filmed early in the year.

I remembered seeing it on MTV some time in early '94, but I couldn't be sure after so many years.

Edited by Blackstar

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I knew about the Axl-Slash interview, but thanks for this! Another confirmation that SIDHY was filmed early in the year.

I remembered seeing it on MTV some time in early '94, but I couldn't be sure after so many years.

Yes, the only activity we have from Guns in 94 is the video release of the Making Fuckin' Videos tapes (the Estranged one was released in I believe April 94, but probably shot in 93), the two singles from TSI, and then the recording of Sympathy. That recording was either done in April 1994 (if Axl's press release is to be believed) or October 94; the single was released in Dec 94. 

The last public sighting of Axl that year was at a party with Jenny Driver in May 94

2ugdpbb.jpg

• Like 1

Oh we also have the release of the Pinball machine with Jungle, Ain't Goin Down and a few other songs re-recorded in snippets by the Axl/Slash/Gilby lineup. You can tell the vocals are re-recorded for each and Gilby said he recorded parts for Ain't Goin Down for the pinball game.

Gilby also said the band waited until he was on tour for his solo album to record Sympathy, which he thought was shitty because as far as he knew he was still in the band, so pining down his tour dates might help narrow down when Sympathy was recorded