Guns N' Roses - I Don't Care About You [Unreleased Music Video 1994]

5 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

and then the recording of Sympathy. That recording was either done in April 1994 (if Axl's press release is to be believed) or October 94; the single was released in Dec 94. 

I think it's 100% confirmed that it was recorded in October. What Gilby said is one of the things confirming it, because his solo tour was from July '94 till about the end of the year. Apparently Axl didn't count it as a band session.

12 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

The last public sighting of Axl that year was at a party with Jenny Driver in May 94

Yeah, that was the last published picture of him. There were other public sightings later that year, but with no pictures (like a Harley Davidson charity event).

As late as the end of November 1994 Gilby thought he was still in the band

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-11-25/entertainment/ca-1515_1_roses-gilby-clarke

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's 100% confirmed that it was recorded in October. What Gilby said is one of the things confirming it, because his solo tour was from July '94 till about the end of the year. Apparently Axl didn't count it as a band session.

Yeah, that was the last published picture of him. There were other public sightings later that year, but with no pictures (like a Harley Davidson charity event).

There are some photos from 95-97 I can post later if you would like. 

9 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

As late as the end of November 1994 Gilby thought he was still in the band

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-11-25/entertainment/ca-1515_1_roses-gilby-clarke

There are some photos from 95-97 I can post later if you would like. 

Yeah, I think I've seen all these pictures. They've all been posted in the Use Your Illusion section.

2 hours ago, zombux said:

well, it seems this still works nicely! either Alfred didn't receive his welfare check, so he couln't pay for the internet connection and got cut off, or password protected archive works brilliantly against strikes, or Alfred realised the futility of his attempts and gave up (but that's very unlikely)

i'm sure sir Alfred is a bagel seller :) 

• Like 1

On 23/7/2018 at 2:49 PM, UsedYourIllusion said:

Question: is it time, now with multiple releases and leaks coming out the last few months:

Saskatoon

Ritz

IDCAY music video

the blu-ray music videos

is it time to redo some of the bootlegs? Like the ultimate live era, welcome to the videos etc.?

the blu-ray music videos?

1 hour ago, darkside259 said:

the blu-ray music videos?

I think he meant that the GNR YouTube channel has 1080p videos now (some of them are 1080p, not all).

I personally wouldn't say that compressed quality is anywhere near Blu-Ray's standards 

1 hour ago, ruttu69 said:

I think he meant that the GNR YouTube channel has 1080p videos now (some of them are 1080p, not all).

I personally wouldn't say that compressed quality is anywhere near Blu-Ray's standards 

They're just 480i up scaled. 

On 22/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, Fashionista said:

Also, GNR were asked to play at an Elvis tribute concert in 94, and at Woodstock 94 but declined both. Before Slash quit a 1997 tour was planned which would've started in Jan 97 in South America

I really would like to know what happened in those mysterious years.. but probably axl will never tell..

There is some wrong information on another GnR related web site (which also takes credit for being the first one to report the existence of the IDCAY video - that's not cool), as well as on one of the new links. August Jakobsson, who was in charge of the UYI tour film crew and the documentary, and the director of the IDCAY video, didn't direct the video for Since I Don't Have You (that one was directed by Sante D' Orazio). He directed videos for solo songs from Duff's Believe In Me and Slash's It's Five O' Clock Somewhere, and he was part of the team that filmed other GnR videos (LALD, Dead Horse, The Garden and the tryout video for Mr. Brownstone).

List of all his work (click on filmography):

http://www.trinityagency.de/hamburg/dop/august-jakobsson/

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

So do you admit it's the work of some powerful legal entity, like Universal, or perhaps TeamBrazil

I would be very surprised if it's Team Brazil since their focus is on the tour (and likely post-tour vacation).

I'm fairly certain that in this particular case it's the label.  

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The same UMG who receive payments from monetized videos?

This isn't a monetized video.  It's an "unreleased" video that I believe is being taken down the moment they appear.  

23 minutes ago, downzy said:

This isn't a monetized video.  It's an "unreleased" video that I believe is being taken down the moment they appear.  

But I'm making an assumption that the culprits are the same, and the culprits for the youtube channels have been removing monetized videos.

Or to put it another way, if the same person(s) who removed IDCAY also removed Saskatoon for instance, and that person(s) is UMG, then we have to assume UMG have been removing things they gather profits from!

PS

I do not think it is Universal by the way. I don't think labels are that zealous, and understand the promotional effect of bootleg videos. I think they know too well it is like King Cnut and the waves. In fact I think Universal and Guns's relationship might be too frosty for them to be that active on GN'R's behalf haha - after the Chinese Democracy saga. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But I'm making an assumption that the culprits are the same, and the culprits for the youtube channels have been removing monetized videos.

Or to put it another way, if the same person(s) who removed IDCAY also removed Saskatoon for instance, and that person(s) is UMG, then we have to assume UMG have been removing things they gather profits from!

PS

I do not think it is Universal by the way. I don't think labels are that zealous, and understand the promotional effect of bootleg videos. I think they know too well it is like King Cnut and the waves. In fact I think Universal and Guns's relationship might be too frosty for them to be that active on GN'R's behalf haha - after the Chinese Democracy saga. 

The culprits are often not the same.  

Anything removed that involves copyrighted material that is owned in any way by the label is likely being removed by the label's request (or they have hired a third party to conduct this work for them).

Materials removed that are sourced from fans is the result of shitheads who have nothing better to do with their sad and pathetic little lives.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

it seems to be more and more certain that UMG is behind the takedowns, or at least behind most of them - some are still being done by the two assclowns.

18 hours ago, downzy said:

The culprits are often not the same.  

Anything removed that involves copyrighted material that is owned in any way by the label is likely being removed by the label's request (or they have hired a third party to conduct this work for them).

Materials removed that are sourced from fans is the result of shitheads who have nothing better to do with their sad and pathetic little lives.  

Exactly.  It is the fan attacks that need to stop.  "Alfred" is bragging about attacking my GNR forum with a 3rd party takedown site on Twitter.... fighting piracy in a "tattered" cape of lies.. when you have sold illegally obtained material for years to line your own pockets.  If UMG wants it down and it is someone hired by them... then ok.  My fear is that this person potentially knows someone there has their credentials, or hacked info for an actual UMG account.  I don't put anything past these people..... but if this does come "official" from the band ala.."Prince" and you ARE hiring these people, Please reconsider, because it is creating a backlash and effecting your bottom line.  There is no fan more passionate than me and this is hurting that beyond repair... and I am sure I can speak for others in this situation.

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

I will say I can understand this video was unofficially released, but it did exist on You Tube for years unnoticed. but if the "rightful" owner wants it down they have every right... I just don't want disgruntled fans being the ones to make those decisions.. It is hard to tell in the current environment what is real and what isnt

1 hour ago, metalms said:

I will say I can understand this video was unofficially released, but it did exist on You Tube for years unnoticed. but if the "rightful" owner wants it down they have every right... I just don't want disgruntled fans being the ones to make those decisions.. It is hard to tell in the current environment what is real and what isnt

And to me, is the biggest problem. I plan to address this later but why are we as fans left to wonder?? 

None of us (real fans) would do anything to harm the band. So if they don't want certain things posted on YouTube, cool. Just tell us that. Don't leave us to wonder if you're ultimately behind it or worse, working with people who are threatening other people's families. 

• Like 2