Guns N' Roses - I Don't Care About You [Unreleased Music Video 1994]

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Not exactly for decades, at least it doesn't seem so. The guy (who is indeed the director) had uploaded it "quietly" on his vimeo channel 2 years ago, but apparently no one had taken notice; it had about 250 views in these two years, and probably the people who had viewed it weren't GnR fans or didn't know who he was and thought it was just a fan made video.

So, while I was looking for something related to the Making Of videos the other day, I clicked on this link and saw that IDCAY was listed among the GnR videos. That was odd... I clicked on the director's name, August Jakobsson, and he appeared to have done videos for Slash's and Duff's solo songs (the dates were wrong). I checked the Slash and Duff videos on youtube and they were indeed directed by him. Then I just googled "Guns N Roses I don't care about you video" and found it it on his vimeo channel. I searched a little more and found his name in the credits of a Making Of video and in the imdb entry for the unreleased UYI documentary; also his website, where he includes GnR in his resume. So I was convinced that the video was official but not released.

Then I shared the vimeo link on here yesterday, on another thread, and -boom, what a surprise- it was reported, apparently by the people who have been taking pleasure recently from taking links down.

You find this.video in casual form ,then find a true gem, incredible:heart:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I am always happy about new pro shot footage and I do love this song (even though Fear's original is way better) but I think the video in no way matches the vibe of the song. In fact it seems fully out of sync, this goes especially for the parts of Axl dancing or running around. 

exactly

thats a poor video if you ask me and it is easy to see why it wasnt released

it has the same feeling of the "bad apples" video that they did using the "dont cry" video shoot footage

on both "videos" there is not one single frame where the band is actually performing the songs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, donny said:

well i have had this video on facebook for a while now. they have no problem with it :) 

thanks to Alfred and BloJo, this video is spreading like wildfire now! :) it's been uploaded on every single possible uploading service and social network.

remember? they think they can stop this. no, they still haven't realised they're fighting a hydra ;) 

Cut the head off
Grows back hard
I am the Hydra
Now you'll see your star

3 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

Was this video made before "Since I Don't Have You" one which was filmed in October '94?

Sympathy For The Devil was recorded in October 94. I don't think SIDY and IDCY were made after that, rather much more before that :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

Was this video made before "Since I Don't Have You" one which was filmed in October '94?

There's no information about that. Most likely after SIDHY.

But I don't think SIDHY was filmed so late in the year.

• Like 1

Just now, Stress Fracture said:

I dunno, it’s seems unlikely that a video for a song whose chorus includes ‘fuck you’ was ever intended for release in the pre-internet age. What would have been the point?

well it was a cover from very early 80's after all :) 

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

I don't know about the video (can't see it) but I always liked the track itself. One of my favorites on TSI.

the Wetransfer link I posted seems to be still online. if it disappears in the future, I might find another one.

• Like 1