Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

Kind of random, but the production on checkmate sounds just like the Slash n friends album, it could be just me. Also whose on drums Freese or Brain, cause Freese plays on the Slash n friends album and the groove sounds just like how Freese plays on that album.

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just saying that I sure wish GNR would release music I can pay them for. 

Yeah I’m not asking you to justify your actions - was talking about my own personal actions.

Remember when CD-era material was described as Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor?

Listening to that old leak of The General and Atlas Shrugged you can really hear it. I wonder if those were some of the tracks that the writer got to listen to?

Edited by Crazyman
Beck, not Jeff Beck lol

3 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Replace Scraped and Riad with Atlas and Checkmate, then you got a pretty good album.

Leave Rhiad on, just use an earlier version like the 2008 Antiquiet release. Also prevents that lawsuit with...Thomas Schnausse?

Ulrich Schnauss, my bad. 

Edited by luciusfunk
Changed the name

7 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Isn’t Atlas Shrugged one of the songs Brian May played on? This leak doesn’t sound like him, I wonder does the leaker have a version with Brian?

I was thinking about this, too. There's probably an isolated May guitar track and a 2nd Atlas version.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shackler's said:

I was thinking about this, too. There's probably an isolated May guitar track and a 2nd Atlas version.

In theory these CDs could have all the bits recorded by Brian May that Axl “frankensteined” into the Catcher solo. 

1 minute ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Any possibility that the band is involved in these potential leaks, kinda like a publicity grab? Recently we here that they are making new music, doing some shows. It doesn’t seems like they are planning on slowing down. 

There’s never any telling with this band. 

4 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Any possibility that the band is involved in these potential leaks, kinda like a publicity grab? Recently we here that they are making new music, doing some shows. It doesn’t seems like they are planning on slowing down. 

good question but for a band like GNR it will be sad. they have millions and millions to make the promotion and the leak it's like 200 maybe 300 undred of fans who are interest at

Someone on YouTube commented that the Atlas 1 min snippet has a Quensryche feel and I think that's very spot on, somehow. Not much in common with their early/most popular stuff, but it surely wouldn't sound out of place on their 'Promised Land' album (which, coincidentally, is one of my fav from them).

35 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Isn’t Atlas Shrugged one of the songs Brian May played on? This leak doesn’t sound like him, I wonder does the leaker have a version with Brian?

It is probably like CITR where Brian only played the lead guitar bits which, unfortunately are not present in this 1 minute clip.  At least that is just my assumption lol

Hey guys, first time commenting. 

Have to say, that Atlas leak is right up my street, has that epic UYI vibe. My kind of piece. Definitely understand that comment about Physical Graffiti (My all time Zep record) from the earlier versions of the CD tracks. 

Definitely something to look forward to hearing in full. It's not if, it's when. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:
43 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

It is probably like CITR where Brian only played the lead guitar bits which, unfortunately are not present in this 1 minute clip.  At least that is just my assumption lol

Q: Will Brian May appear on Atlas Shrugged?

A: Perhaps on an alternate or bits, on that track it has more to do with recording issues and getting the mix to a good level.
[Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008]