Unreleased Material, Speculation & Discussion *****NO POSTING OR ASKING FOR LINKS*****

9 minutes ago, Creed said:

if there is a guy who constantly deletes YouTube Videos than guess what they do with leakers. if he was smart he used @axlrose4life as filter, when someone said: i have trading material, how can i contact him?

you mean TB will delete him?!:blink:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Question for all -

I'm not a hardcore fan of any other band. Do hardcore fans of other bands behave like hardcore GNR fans? Do they hoard material? I alway thought fandom was supposed to be a communal experience. This is why sporting events and concerts can be so enjoyable. People who are passionate about the same things getting to share in that passion.  Not meaning to criticize anyone I'm just genuinely curious. 

I'm not a hardcore fan of any other band outside of GNR.  my take is that GNR fandom is a totally different beast that the fandom of any other band.  who else could put out little to no new music for 25 years and still sell out stadiums?  who else doesn't acknowledge their fans and still keep them?   who else has a rumor that 60 plus songs exist that haven't been released and when 2 incomplete versions leak a forum has 60 plus pages of fans discussing it?  

I dont know there are other fanbases who deal with this stuff, but as I said, in my opinion this is a whole different animal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

No, only registered for when something is ready to be sold

If that’s the case - how can copyright be infringed here with these old demos....unless something was going to happen to them (included in a CD deluxe/reworked for the new album)?

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

If that’s the case - how can copyright be infringed here with these old demos....unless something was going to happen to them (included in a CD deluxe/reworked for the new album)?

In the same way that an academic paper, which might not make money, is still considered someone's work-and plagiarism can still occur. Same thing with sketches by a painter, demos from an artist. They belong to the artist. It's still illegal

I used to roam these gnr boards constantly between 2005 - 2012ish ..alot..

I guess this is what they mean when someone relapses.. A Lil taste of new (ish) clips of 2 guns songs and that feeling.. Returns.

Take note Axl.. I know we're not your favorite fan (us Hardschoolers) but we wanna hear new material.. Beings you charge a few hundred dollars a ticket minimum for your shows, money should not be an issue.. I'm sure you will rant about leaks etc.or worse, but your casual fans which seems to be who you are targeting with the tour could care less about the Chinese era songs .yet we're the ones who'll get chastised for asking for a songs that literally were wound up forgotten about over the years.. Look at the traffic on your boards.. You don't owe us anything.. But you'd think you wouldn't have to look at it like that.. 

4 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

I'm not a hardcore fan of any other band outside of GNR.  my take is that GNR fandom is a totally different beast that the fandom of any other band.  who else could put out little to no new music for 25 years and still sell out stadiums?  who else doesn't acknowledge their fans and still keep them?   who else has a rumor that 60 plus songs exist that haven't been released and when 2 incomplete versions leak a forum has 60 plus pages of fans discussing it?  

I dont know there are other fanbases who deal with this stuff, but as I said, in my opinion this is a whole different animal.

It just baffles me. This band and fan base are so bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

GN'R is also one of the most bootlegged bands of all time. I can't think of a band with more "silver" and released bootlegs, notwithstanding bands like Grateful dead who tour for 40 years, record every show, and release them for free

1 minute ago, axlrosefan4life said:

What all has leaked so far? Sorry I haven’t been more active guys. This long ass drive sucks

😅

2 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

GN'R is also one of the most bootlegged bands of all time. I can't think of a band with more "silver" and released bootlegs, notwithstanding bands like Grateful dead who tour for 40 years, record every show, and release them for free

pearl jam has released every live show since the 90s on cd

Just now, axlrosefan4life said:

What all has leaked so far? Sorry I haven’t been more active guys. This long ass drive sucks

There's around 100 or so of us refreshing reddit and this thread for the past 8 hrs or so.. Nothing else.. Yet.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

In order for copyright law to be breached, I take it each song has to be registered etc? And if so, shouldn’t they be available to see (registration)?

Just a thought - probably totally in the wrong.

@axlrosefan4life @RussTCB @Grayfox - any good/reassuring news you can give us?

I can’t say that I know anything that would be reassuring. Kitchen flooded this morning and down into the basement I’ve basically been MIA today. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. But I wouldn’t take the reddit disappearance too serious. That was just showing off the goods. If you notice his replies from the AMA weren’t deleted. Lots of stuff go on in the background with these types of things. So anything could be happening right now. I’d just say patience and wait to see what unfolds in the coming hours or days.  

7 minutes ago, murph said:

I used to roam these gnr boards constantly between 2005 - 2012ish ..alot..

I guess this is what they mean when someone relapses.. A Lil taste of new (ish) clips of 2 guns songs and that feeling.. Returns.

Take note Axl.. I know we're not your favorite fan (us Hardschoolers) but we wanna hear new material.. Beings you charge a few hundred dollars a ticket minimum for your shows, money should not be an issue.. I'm sure you will rant about leaks etc.or worse, but your casual fans which seems to be who you are targeting with the tour could care less about the Chinese era songs .yet we're the ones who'll get chastised for asking for a songs that literally were wound up forgotten about over the years.. Look at the traffic on your boards.. You don't owe us anything.. But you'd think you wouldn't have to look at it like that.. 

It is like a relapse. When you go 11 years you just kinda forget how exciting it can be to hear new music from your favorite artist. And then you get that taste and you remember why you fell so hard. 

5 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I can’t say that I know anything that would be reassuring. Kitchen flooded this morning and down into the basement I’ve basically been MIA today. Sorry I can’t be more helpful. But I wouldn’t take the reddit disappearance too serious. That was just showing off the goods. If you notice his replies from the AMA weren’t deleted. Lots of stuff go on in the background with these types of things. So anything could be happening right now. I’d just say patience and wait to see what unfolds in the coming hours or days.  

Thanks mate - and sorry to hear about the kitchen. 👍

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

In the same way that an academic paper, which might not make money, is still considered someone's work-and plagiarism can still occur. Same thing with sketches by a painter, demos from an artist. They belong to the artist. It's still illegal

Cheers mate - I just wondered. I got thinking about wondering if the songwriter credits would be available seeing as they appeared to be registered by copyright etc.

Just now, WhazUp said:

Sounds like you got more leaks than the rest of us currently then....

Sorry, I can't pass up the chance for a bad pun :lol:  Hope your kitchen situation is a swift fix!

That was a great one I got a good kick out of it. Luckily insurance will cover it. Hopefully they cover the collectibles and baseball card collection that was destroyed. Might have to redo the kitchen floor and counters though. Assuming insurance will allow me to do it myself it should be a swift fix! But thank you!

• Like 1