The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

CD has no Slash. That alone makes it AUTOMATICALLY impossible to not be better than CD.

Also there's no guarantee that the stuff Slash would come up with would result in better songs than him working on Axl songs. LTD was the worst album of Slashs career in my opinion. He could maybe use this as an inspiration, I think he already takes pride in turning shit like Silkworms into a listenable song.

I would say that all 3 of the original members last albums were the worst of their careers

Chinese Democracy
Living The Dream
Tenderness

All pretty terrible

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

It Tastes Good being released would bury this band. Complete garbage next to My World.

If Silkworms didn’t bury this band, NOTHING can :lol:

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Rock the Rock :lol:

You should discuss it with @Pele to compare lists :lol:

I’ve heard much about the @Peletracklist but have yet to see it. Is it better than mine? Does it have ‘Tastes Good Don’t It’ on it?

Edited by GNFNRUK

16 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Genuine question…

How would you all feel IF this was the album:

Guns N Roses - ‘Absurd’ (2021, Geffen)

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. It Tastes Good, Don’t It

4. Perhaps

5. Eye On You

6. Goin’ Down (Duff Vocals)

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Oh My God

9. Rock The Rock

10. Crash Diet

11. State of Grace

All tracks use the previously recorded Axl vocals from 1999/2000 (except ‘Tastes Good’ and ‘Crash Diet’ which use an Axl vocal from the vault recorded back in ‘91 and ‘Rock The Rock’ has the 2017 vocal). Slash and Duff have been in the studio and obviously they play on them. Drum tracks are a mix of old Brain tracks and newer tracks from Frank, except ‘Crash Diet’, that ones got Matt on.

So yeah, if this was announced how would you feel? After everyone loving Silkworms I’m generally interested.

I don't think I would even listen to it once...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash interview a month after being in Axl's studio (that was during a SMKC tour break in April 2019 - the SMKC tour ended in Aug. 2019):

[...]

Slash (laughs): [...] Yeah, when we finish the tour in the fall, then we will commence on working a little bit on what's gonna be the next Guns record.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3942-2019-05-28-wrif-detroit-talkin-rock-with-meltdown-interview-with-slash-audio

This is why it's not gonna be a live album with just Absurd and Hard School.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

So I've been thinking about it..... 

What if we're just getting a live album with Absurb and HS as bonus studio tracks? 

This isn't mygnrCSI level stuff, but here's my case:

The soundboard audio of Madagascar (as seen/heard in the Social Media thread) 

Fernando confirming today that we're getting physical "vinyls" releases (as seen in the litho thread) 

Years of rumors that a live album / blu-ray is the next release coming

What say you mygnr? 

I could honestly see this being the case. As talented as Axl is we all know he is lazy, insecure about releasing new music and allergic to entering a recording studio. Absurd, with its 20 year old vocal track, just proved all that even more.

I would say ‘Absurd’ (and possibly ‘Hard Skool’) are either going to be standalone singles to promote the ongoing tour and to keep older fans interested, or as you say, they will be tacked onto some other release like a live album or a third fucking pressing of Greatest Hits…

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Axl has been near a recording studio for many many years and until I see pictures of it or at least hear HIM say he has been recording then I won’t believe it.

• Like 1

Just now, Voodoochild said:

Yes, I guess so. The only thing that worries me and makes the case of a live album plausible is the timing: that they may not want to release a full studio album this year since they won't be able to tour right away. So maybe they'll release a live album now with two new songs just to have something out, and then maybe a studio album in 2022.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I’d love to believe that but I remember when I was a teen and Slash used to talk about the ‘next guns record’ in interviews in ‘93 & ‘94 too. I think he has good intentions and kind of tells the fans what they want to hear. Everything ultimately comes down to Axl with this band. I’m sure they’ve had discussions about a new record but I just honestly don’t believe they’ve been recording one. Obviously I’d love to be proven wrong.

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

If Silkworms didn’t bury this band, NOTHING can :lol:

I’ve heard much about the @Peletracklist but have yet to see it. Is it better than mine? Does it have ‘Tastes Good Don’t It’ on it?

No, it doesn't have It Tastes Good.... @Pele seems to be more of a CD era guy, so didn't include things like Crash Diet. (Btw, I doubt they recorded Crash Diet during the UYI sessions - they might have recorded Just Another Sunday, though, which you forgot. You also forgot Cornshucker). But he has KOHD by the CD lineup. So you kind of complete each other. :lol:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Genuine question…

How would you all feel IF this was the album:

Guns N Roses - ‘Absurd’ (2021, Geffen)

1. Absurd

2. Hard Skool

3. It Tastes Good, Don’t It

4. Perhaps

5. Eye On You

6. Goin’ Down (Duff Vocals)

7. Atlas Shrugged

8. Oh My God

9. Rock The Rock

10. Crash Diet

11. State of Grace

All tracks use the previously recorded Axl vocals from 1999/2000 (except ‘Tastes Good’ and ‘Crash Diet’ which use an Axl vocal from the vault recorded back in ‘91 and ‘Rock The Rock’ has the 2017 vocal). Slash and Duff have been in the studio and obviously they play on them. Drum tracks are a mix of old Brain tracks and newer tracks from Frank, except ‘Crash Diet’, that ones got Matt on.

So yeah, if this was announced how would you feel? After everyone loving Silkworms I’m generally interested.

This is very very close!

Eye on You won't make the cut.  Neither will State of Grace (unfortunately).

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Is there a definitive gear list for what was used on which album? It's frustrating trying to piece this stuff together. Appetite was a modded SL Plexi, right? I thought I read that the Illusions were on the Silver Jubilee, but I guess not?

AfD was a modded Super Trem! UYI was mainly JCM 800s but the tour was all Jubilees

We all love that sweet UYI tour Jubilee tone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

So I've been thinking about it..... 

What if we're just getting a live album with Absurb and HS as bonus studio tracks? 

This isn't mygnrCSI level stuff, but here's my case:

The soundboard audio of Madagascar (as seen/heard in the Social Media thread) 

Fernando confirming today that we're getting physical "vinyls" releases (as seen in the litho thread) 

Years of rumors that a live album / blu-ray is the next release coming

What say you mygnr? 

Oh god i hope not because Madagascar would mean it’s a 2017 gig and not 2016! Lol

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I guess so. The only thing that worries me and makes the case of a live album plausible is the timing: that they may not want to release a full studio album this year since they won't be able to tour right away. So maybe they'll release a live album now with two new songs just to have something out, and then maybe a studio album in 2022.

not touring right away after releasing an album isn't uncharted territory with these clown boys.  Chinese D came out November 23, 2008 and the first show after the album was released wasn't for another 383 days.

Edited by BillConnor_1982
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No Eye On You, no State of Grace, but definitely a new version of Knockin with 99 vocals. 

Got it. 

Oh for sure!

I do think your live album scenario with 'bonus' track Absurd is the more likely outcome though.

• Haha 1

Just now, BillConnor_1982 said:

not touring right away after releasing an album isn't uncharted territory with these clown boys.  Chinese D came out November 23, 2008 and the first show after the album released wasn't for another 383 days.

Yes, I know... But now things seem to be more calculated. But then again, they released Absurd as their first new song, so who knows with them :lol:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

I’d love to believe that but I remember when I was a teen and Slash used to talk about the ‘next guns record’ in interviews in ‘93 & ‘94 too. I think he has good intentions and kind of tells the fans what they want to hear. Everything ultimately comes down to Axl with this band. I’m sure they’ve had discussions about a new record but I just honestly don’t believe they’ve been recording one. Obviously I’d love to be proven wrong.

No, I'm sure Slash and Duff have recorded stuff. Slash said himself he was vague about new music (saying things like "we all want to do it," "we'll see" etc.) before 2019, because they hadn't done anything until then. But after 2019 they've done stuff, and I believe not just two songs. And if they're gonna use already recorded Axl vocals, it doesn't take much to put it together. It's not like they've been trying to make a full album from scratch like in 1994.

Edited by Blackstar

16 minutes ago, Pele said:

Oh for sure!

I do think your live album scenario with 'bonus' track Absurd is the more likely outcome though.

I'm an insider now! Hooray! All I had to do was put several guesses out there as to what might happen. I should've done this years ago! 

• Haha 4

Just now, RussTCB said:

I'm an insider now! Hooray! All I had to do was put several guesses out there as to what might happen. I should've done this years ago! 

Imagine what's gonna happen to me if Knockin on Heaven's Door is on the album!

I think I'll be offered my own section like the Deli guy where I can upload news :lol:

41 minutes ago, Pele said:

This is very very close!

Eye on You won't make the cut.  Neither will State of Grace (unfortunately).

So you’re telling me there’s a CHANCE that ‘Tastes Good… Don’t It’ will make the cut?? Can’t wait to hear Axl’s sexist raps from 1991 set  to a newly recorded sleazy backing track from Slash and Duff. I hope they throw a ‘Haowwww’ on there too for good measure!

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GNFNRUK said:

So you’re telling me there’s a CHANCE that ‘Tastes Good… Don’t It’ will make the cut?? Can’t wait to hear Axl’s sexist raps from 1991 set  to a newly recorded sleazy backing track from Slash and Duff. I hope they throw a ‘Haowwww’ on there too for good measure!

Hate to disappoint you, but I said 'very close' because I think that's one of your choices that wont make the cut.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

My guess is most or all vocals for a live album would be taken from the 2016 tour. 

That tracklist has been well circulated for several years and no one believes we're getting a studio album with a new version of Knockin that features vocals from 1999.

What is the tracklist? I remember seeing it some time ago but I dont have the picture anymore, can someone pm me please?