The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I think most fans know the score and have done now for a good number of years.

Most “fans” aren’t privy to the info we have. Most fans aren’t so interested in new music, they are content on enjoying GNR’s incredible classic 4 albums. The fair-weather fans which make up the majority of concertgoers just want to hear the “hits”.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I still think something happened 2010/11 re CD2 and the label which impacted Axl to a large extent. His performance at RIR around that time and the 2012 were subpar in my book and I can’t help but think the two were somehow connected. I think he realised he’d never get the record out and decided to do the UCAP tour. Finally, he caved and saw that the reunion was the best way to continue making serious money.

I have to agree with this based with what I saw at the Izod Center in 2011. Izod Center was being mothballed. GNR was the one of the last few bands playing there. Why would a big name band like GNR play in an arena that was going to be mothballed in early 2012 and not in the new Prudential Center in Newark, NJ ( at the time Prudential Center was brand new).  Obviously something happened since Axl was being relegated to an arena that was not going to be used starting in early 2012. 

5 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Most “fans” aren’t privy to the info we have. Most fans aren’t so interested in new music, they are content on enjoying GNR’s incredible classic 4 albums. The fair-weather fans which make up the majority of concertgoers just want to hear the “hits”.

Yes and maybe GNR are just simply content to enjoy touring this music, playing together and making money, rather than go through the effort of making new music.  The 2022 concerts over where I live down under  sold out quickly.  I was not quick enough to get tickets lol.  News travels slow where I live so I missed out.  I saw U2 at the end of 2019 and they bought their Joshua tree tour.  Towards the latter part of the concert when they started playing some of their latest music, a lot of people started leaving to get a jump on the public transport.  They had heard what they came for, the old music and hits.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollyangel said:

Yes and maybe GNR are just simply content to enjoy touring this music, playing together and making money, rather than go through the effort of making new music.  The 2022 concerts over where I live down under  sold out quickly.  I was not quick enough to get tickets lol.  News travels slow where I live so I missed out.  I saw U2 at the end of 2019 and they bought their Joshua tree tour.  Towards the latter part of the concert when they started playing some of their latest music, a lot of people started leaving to get a jump on the public transport.  They had heard what they came for, the old music and hits.  

The difference being that U2 continually release new albums and that tour was a specific 'play the album in full' nostalgia fest, when normally they tour to promote their new album and play loads from it. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The difference being that U2 continually release new albums and that tour was a specific 'play the album in full' nostalgia fest, when normally they tour to promote their new album and play loads from it. 

Yes agreed, although it was a little bit of a hybrid as they had been touring their new albums in full in USA and Europe. and I guess that they realised that the one off tour here was more likely to be a success if they played an iconic album plus other hits like One, New years Day etc .   I guess they rarely come here so along with their old stuff they played some of their new songs and the audience were not particularly interested.  I would think every U2 fan in my small city was there that night and yet there they were leaving and not enjoying the full experience to the end.  High chance it was their last tour here, I found it puzzling.  I prefer their older music but hey I enjoyed it all on the night.

Axl is rich, a band that takes 20 years to release a full album this band can't be taken seriously. Fans work hard to go to a show, I love the classics, but I'm more interested in hearing something genuine and new. This EP is a real scam. There was no publicity or marketing to sell or in any way lead to the great mass. Despite being a band that doesn't give interviews or release anything new, they continue to fill stadiums, just like the Rolling Stones, in the end what's worth is the money in the pockets of Axl, Slash and Duff, and disappointed fans. Crap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Axl is rich, a band that takes 20 years to release a full album this band can't be taken seriously. Fans work hard to go to a show, I love the classics, but I'm more interested in hearing something genuine and new. This EP is a real scam. There was no publicity or marketing to sell or in any way lead to the great mass. Despite being a band that doesn't give interviews or release anything new, they continue to fill stadiums, just like the Rolling Stones, in the end what's worth is the money in the pockets of Axl, Slash and Duff, and disappointed fans. Crap

"just like the rolling stones"? This band is nothing like the stones.  The stones have released multiple albums (and like always, I dont care about opinions of the music).  The only time these 2 bands should be mentioned together is late 80's when people and music critics were billing them as "the next rolling stones".  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

"just like the rolling stones"? This band is nothing like the stones.  The stones have released multiple albums (and like always, I dont care about opinions of the music).  The only time these 2 bands should be mentioned together is late 80's when people and music critics were billing them as "the next rolling stones".  

Yeah, that's really an insult for the Stones.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Or the 2010 cd2 album. I was relieved to find out Ashba never touched any of that material. 

But all the Chinese era stuff is basically shit. It's just a fantasy. None of the  leaks are great, just forget about it. A cool guitar part here and there, that's it.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Or the 2010 cd2 album. I was relieved to find out Ashba never touched any of that material. 

I'd be very cool with that. I would imagine it has the best of Robin and Bucket on it.

30 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

But all the Chinese era stuff is basically shit. It's just a fantasy. None of the  leaks are great, just forget about it. A cool guitar part here and there, that's it.

Half of the UYI songs are filler and aside from AFD, GN'R really hasn't had one solid album aside from CD. CD2 has material like CD.

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd be very cool with that. I would imagine it has the best of Robin and Bucket on it.

Half of the UYI songs are filler and aside from AFD, GN'R really hasn't had one solid album aside from CD. CD2 has material like CD.

Yeah, GnR actually sucks! 

Lol

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, GnR actually sucks! 

Lol

That sums this thread up well. The band of many missed opportunities.

They missed the boat in 1999-2001 with a new album, the 2008 album was dated and bloated by release, not to mention the poor promotion, they missed the boat again 2009-2014 on CD2 and the remix album, and by then I'm positive CD2 too would have been dated and bloated, I'm ok with the dated part, actually. Fast forward to 2022, and we get two songs from the prior year, taken from songs that were dated and bloated, and messed with more in unholy ways by the current lineup, which will surely be CD2/the next album when/if it ever happens. 

This band would have lived up to their name if they released and appropriately promoted what they were working on in 2000, another album a few years later, then another and then one with NITL. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

That is bullshit. Total.

• Like 3

Half of the UYI songs are filler

Just no. I understand you love the Robin & Buckethead stuff. But, no. Other than My World and Back Off Bitch, and maybe one of the Don’t Cry versions, they’re all really good to great songs. Even GITR has a great riff 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by DTV88
Spelling error
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Hollyangel said:

Yes agreed, although it was a little bit of a hybrid as they had been touring their new albums in full in USA and Europe. and I guess that they realised that the one off tour here was more likely to be a success if they played an iconic album plus other hits like One, New years Day etc .   I guess they rarely come here so along with their old stuff they played some of their new songs and the audience were not particularly interested.  I would think every U2 fan in my small city was there that night and yet there they were leaving and not enjoying the full experience to the end.  High chance it was their last tour here, I found it puzzling.  I prefer their older music but hey I enjoyed it all on the night.

I have to say, I'm not especially a fan of U2, like a few of the old songs, but went along with a friend to the last tour. They played very little old stuff I knew (as I recall, nothing from The Joshua Tree), but I thought that was a really good thing. It wasn't a show aimed at people like myself but clearly catered for the fanbase well. 

I think they do seem to have the blamace right in general to ensure they've never been seen as a nostalgia act. I admire that a lot. 

• Like 1

The only UYI song I'd remotely consider as filler is My World. And even that I think of as more 'naff' than filler. 

If I only liked, fully, one album by a band I'm not sure I'd be on their forum really! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

The only UYI song I'd remotely consider as filler is My World. And even that I think of as more 'naff' than filler. 

If I only liked, fully, one album by a band I'm not sure I'd be on their forum really! 

Shotgun Blues :)

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

The greatness ended in 1991 with the Illusions, if we are honest. Spaghetti Incident was ok, so it's around 30 years ago that they released great music.

30 fucking years.

Better, TWAT, SOD, TIL, CITR, I.R.S., Sorry, Hard Skool, Madagascar, CD, Prostitute are not that bad. :D

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 4