The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Cause his opinion is different from yours? Neat. 

Everybody who’s making music knows that example Casio keyboards are used to achieve authentic lo-fi sound. These kind of choices are called artistic decisions to have mix of different kind of soundscapes from different eras.

Listen to Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie, that’s lo-fi on purpose to create special and atmospheric sound. People that complain that “this doesn’t sound fresh, trendy and new at all” are clueless 

Edited by ruttu69

18 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Queen released a commemorative edition for The Miracle because they found an unreleased song by Freddie, this edition is for collectors 😂😂😂😂 I'm a collector at least for Spotify. Queen disbanded 30 years ago and released more new music than GNR.

They did the same for the ‘News of the world’ album a few years back! Im hoping they do one for Innuendo eventually too. There’s a lot of Miracle stuff they’ve held back though too. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Queen's recording career lasted for 20 years and they released 14 albums in that time, not counting live albums, greatest hits albums or solo albums.  And they still had material to work on without Freddie.

20 years!  That's why I'm annoyed about Axl fanboys saying he's just changing his style like Queen did.  Queen's first album sounds a lot different from Night at the Opera which sounds a lot different from News of the World which sounds a lot different from The Game which sounds a lot different from A Kind of Magic which sounds a lot different from Innuendo, and right there is as many albums as Guns'n'Roses has ever put out in their entire career.

That's how growth and change works, Axl has none of that.  Ok, Slash and Duff don't either but they like what they're doing and want to do more of that, which they do without Axl.  20 years ago, Axl was talking about his plan for three albums and still hasn't gotten around to the second album.

Let's add another example, I dunno, Led Zeppelin.  Their career lasted 12 years, four members, someone dies, they quit and all that's left is what they did in those 12 years.  Add that to Queen and you've got two of the biggest bands ever, two dozen albums/tours/videos/etc. in 32 years.

Two of the most important bands in rock'n'roll history combined took less time to accomplish everything they ever did than Axl has wasted.

These are silly comparisons though. You can't look at everything in a vacuum.  You can also look at bands like Rage Against the Machine, CCR, System of a Down, The Smiths, Cream, Joy Division etc 

There have been plenty of talented, important artists out there who have put out as much as or less than GnR 

Look at Rage Against the Machine.  One of the most important bands from the 90s.  They have 3 original albums and a covers album. They came out 5 years after GnR, broke up in the early 2000s, tried a reunion tour where the singer tore his acl and ended up cancelling the rest of their tour.  Didn't release one new song or anything either.  They actually have a pretty strange parallel with GnR too with the whole audioslave/velvet revolver comparison too lol.

I know it's frustrating but it's just the way it is sometimes.  You have to make peace with it 

13 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Let's add another example...

I like to point out the fact that Oasis had their entire recording career in the time it took Axl to get his act together between TSI? and CD. And they were a fractious band, with a lot of infighting, walk outs, personnel changes... and a singer who didn't cut it live in the latter years. They managed to release 7 albums, a bunch of EPs, tour abundantly. And they did press. A lot of it. You knew what was going on.

Edited by Chuzeville
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chuzeville said:

I like to point out the fact that Oasis had their entire recording career in the time it took Axl to get his act together between TSI? and CD. And they were a fractious band, with a lot of infighting, walk outs, personnel changes... and a singer who didn't cut it live in the latter years. They managed to release 7 albums, a bunch of EPs, tour abundantly.

but look at Rage Against The Machine

Well, I read your post about them. And it seems to me it's not that close. From what I understand RATM were active 1991-2000 and released three albums. They then reformed sporadically. On the other hand, GnR is supposed to have been active 1985-....
Never split up, never went on hiatus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

By the way guys, i just typed ‘completely fucking deluded’ into Spotify, and GNR are top result!! New album imminent.  

have used a proxy site and can confirm this is the case in The Republic of Chad, Timbuktu, and the Outer Hebrides ! It’s happening! 

'Completely F'N deluded', surely?! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chuzeville said:

Well, I read your post about them. And it seems to me it's not that close. From what I understand RATM were active 1991-2000 and released three albums. They then reformed sporadically. On the other hand, GnR is supposed to have been active 1985-....
Never split up, never went on hiatus.

look at Tool

I was thinking about Daft Punk's studio album discography.

Homework - 1997

Discover - 2001

Human After All - 2005

Random Access Memories - 2013

(there's stuff like 2 live albums, a movie soundtrack, and two films, between the two albums)

but anyway, Daft Punk kept themselves rather mysterious. The band didn't have official social media (apart from their youtube) until they quit, they didn't do many TV interviews, they barely went on tour (but the few they did was considered to be legendary.)

And then fans people were hoping for a new tour or album, and were left hanging all the way until 2021, when Daft Punk suddenly posted one the the members exploding themselves, signalling the end of the band. (not a snuff film below, just a clip from one of the movies they made.)

Anyway, the point is that Daft Punk's output wasn't massive. They'd go silent for years, suddenly pop up for promotion for their new music which has a completely different sound to the previous album, everyone's excited for it, then they disappear again. A band can do that, and still have presence. The other members of GnR chatter a lot, while Axl is taking the Daft Punk approach, where he's rather inaccessible.

The Daft Punk fans were a bit wormy, always wriggling in anticipation, but I don't think most of them came off as annoyed. They were used to the Daft Punk schedule, and some fans even expressed that they were fine if Random Access Memories turned out to be the last album, since it was grand, won a grammy, and payed homage to their influences.

But I think the GnR fans are bugged, because we know GnR has stuff, they're taking even longer than Daft Punk with no explanation, and there's no sense of finality yet. We know Axl has a bunch of stuff not released officially. We know the other members are still into music, and we know Axl is still into music in some form, because he kept the GnR band name alive for all these years and he still goes on tour for ages. And Chinese Democracy just didn't feel like the end of GnR. It felt like a beginning to a new thing, a whole new direction for GnR, Axl hyped it up, but the future of GnR has barely manifested publicly! in terms of their discography, it's like GnR is stuck in time, eternally at the Chinese Democracy era, always on the cusp of more stuff happening. I wish the gears to that time machine could get rolling again, so we could hear the rest of GnR's future. I want to hear the rest of Chinese Democracy, and what GnR would musically sound like afterwards.

Do they want to keep going in that musical direction that I've heard some people describe as industrial? Do they want to go back to their AFD roots, or continue the grandness of UYI? Do something that sounds more punk like The Spaghetti Incident, except all original songs? A mixture of all their styles? Do they want to go even further back from their roots and make something that sounds like 1950's rock n roll? A whole new direction altogether? I know Melissa does stuff like composing for video game sound tracks, and the people in the band are older and more knowledgeable than decades ago, and they've played lots of music, they could totally go in a new direction if they wanted to.

But I've no idea what's going in the studios, and in Axl's head. Is he trying to perfect the stuff? Overthinking it? Procrastinating? Expending massive effort behind the scenes in just trying to get by in life? Nervous about something? Lost interest in making new music? Finds touring too fun to make new stuff? I wonder if the other GnR members knows what's going on. Well, at least he's making appearances in cartoons! They were fun.

I wonder if Axl feels overshadowed by himself, and it has stopped him, because he feels nothing he makes now feels adequate compared to what he was before.

or maybe he's just being reaaaallllly chill and living out the rest of his old man life and doing old man things when he's not on stage

Edited by BucketEgg
remembered the spaghetti
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Axl's mind is a big surprise. 

Make tour, more money, why make a new álbum? 

but he's already really really rich, does he really need more?! (unless he spent it all on somethings already). what's he going to do with all that money? :O

I wonder if he needs money, or if he likes seeing the money number go up in his bank account. maybe he might find some pleasure in seeing the album-sales number go up, if GnR ever release a new album.