The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I tried with some titles from the West Arkeen demos yesterday (Just Another Sunday, Sentimental Movie, Crash Diet, etc.), not so much in relation to a UYI box set, but mostly to test a potential "playlist effect"- because, if there are people who have the Village leaks in GN'R playlists and that's what causes some of them to show up in search results, I suppose there are at least as many GN'R fans who have these old demos in playlists as well, so it would have the same effect - and nothing GN'R related came up.

I now tried with "Estranged remastered," and as soon as I started typing "remastered" irrelevant results started popping up and GN'R went away.

Thanks. 

I'm leaning more and more towards there being something going on now....but whether anything will come to fruition is another matter. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Lol I love how even though they are clearly up to something us older heads will remain utterly dubious until we hit play.😆

We’re justified in our skepticism, to be fair…

Besides, after the batgirl movie cancelation, I don’t believe anything is coming until I can see/hear it.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

We’re justified in our skepticism, to be fair…

Besides, after the batgirl movie cancelation, I don’t believe anything is coming until I can see/hear it.

Oh without a doubt. It’s not real until it drops, or officially announced (which looks to be probably coinciding with the surprise release itself). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Lol I love how even though they are clearly up to something us older heads will remain utterly dubious until we hit play.😆

There are people who could walk into a store and see CD2 and still say "BS there never putting new music out, he hasn't recorded any vocals " lol

Edited by Guest

I'm finally getting results in the US. "atlas shrugged" under Songs shows Absurd as second in the results list. When my girlfriend searched on her phone, she got Guns N' Roses as a top result for the same search under artists, when I didn't. When she searches again, she doesn't see GN'R. Interesting. 

I get nothing for The General or State Of Grace.

• Like 1

I set the VPN to Brazil and searched from the browser (not logged in on Spotify) and it's crazy. Almost all the songs GN'R have covered (The Seeker, Walk All Over You, Back In Black etc.) return GN'R results (the only one that doesn't is Black Hole Sun) :lol:

The General comes up there, too.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I set the VPN to Brazil and searched from the browser (not logged in on Spotify) and it's crazy. Almost all the songs GN'R have covered (The Seeker, Walk All Over You, Back In Black etc.) return GN'R results (the only one that doesn't is Black Hole Sun) :lol:

The General comes up there, too.

Uh oh…how well would an album of half covers go over? 

2 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Uh oh…how well would an album of half covers go over? 

I don't think the results for the covers mean much. In this case it's probably really a playlist and algorithm effect (e.g. many users in Brazil have searched these covers with GN'R).