The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, Bailey15 said:

Well...we had confirmation, from Slash earlier this year, that a new record worth of material was done.

That included brand new material.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/slash-new-gnr-material

https://loudwire.com/slash-confident-guns-n-roses-release-new-album-down-the-road/

Ladies and gentleman- I think this IS that new album and we only know of a few of the titles.

Slash mentioned nothing about "brand new" material, as in material written since the reunion. He has made it very clear nothing besides CD II has been worked on.

• Like 4

Slash sounded unsure about whether they would end up releasing the singles bundled together on an album. If they know have decided to skip releasing more singles and gone straight to an album, that would be an unusual incident of Guns N' Roses releases more than planned and expected. 

For the record, I do not think we are getting an album anytime soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Just been listening to the leak for first time in a while. Out of all the locker leaks with vocals that we may feel could come out SOG does not have obvious space for Slash to do a solo. Makes me think that if it does come out it will be a little more reworked structurally than Hard school.  Maybe same vocal take but with the missing word punched in

I think it has the perfect spot before the outro vocal after the second chorus when it starts to build up musically, it could lead into a solo that flows straight into the outro verse. That's always where I imagined it was gonna be after hearing the leaks

Yeah, at minimum this means forthcoming song titles have been submitted to Spotify. Now is it possible that plans can/have changed? Fuck yeah, it’s GNR. But it’s definitely a good sign as far as their willingness to put it out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash sounded unsure about whether they would end up releasing the singles bundled together on an album. If they know have decided to skip releasing more singles and gone straight to an album, that would be an unusual incident of Guns N' Roses releases more than planned and expected. 

For the record, I do not think we are getting an album anytime soon. 

I do not think an album is coming either. If we get something out of this, it's maybe a larger EP?.

Then, the decision to merge the Hardskool EP, this "larger EP" and the rest of the songs into an album is up to Axl I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

I doubt Axl would re-record vocals so I think there's a chance that whole section could've been cut, a la Abusrd's choruses.

It's more likely that Axl and Caram would've digitally edited that section into something more cohesive, than just scrapping it.

However, I think what we heard in the Village leaks was just an early take, and the finished vocals would be a combination of several takes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I would argue that the heaviest argument for why it isn't an algorithm thing, is not that we are few but that a song like SOG shows up and not Perhaps. 

No Perhaps, no Soul Monster, no Going Down, all songs that would've been searched for before. Going Down is a "finished" GNR song that would've been cut undoubtedly from a theoretical album release. If that was showing up then I think we would be screwed, but debatably should more attached to the GNR name than State of Grace is considering it's been in circulation since 2013.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's more likely that Axl and Caram would've digitally edited that section into something more cohesive, than just scrapping it.

However, I think what we heard in the Village leaks was just an early take, and the finished vocals would be a combination of several takes.

I'd like to agree but Abusrd removing the Choruses has me concerned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think with Absurd it was just that Axl decided he didn't like the chorus. It was gone by the time of the demo with Bumblefoot in 2006, and since Bumblefoot played over an older demo, the chorus was probably already gone in 2002/2003.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This.

People are way too convinced that a few dozen of us, 100's in the grand scheme to be absolutely generous have the power to shift the algorithim. No one gives a shit about this besides a bunch of GNR fans online. Most GNR fans, 99% of the fanbase are using Spotify to search Sweet Child of Mine and Appetite. We do not have the power to change the algorithim.

And why now? Why not 2019 when the leaks came out? Why not earlier this year when Slash said there were new songs? Why September when its been months without any talk of new music?

They're definitely in the system. Whether or not it actually ever releases, beats me. There isn't enough in the system to confirm it'll be released anytime soon, no linktrees, no songs live, not enough smoke where there's fire. And Axl could change his mind and give up on it at any second. But they've been submitted to Spotify. That's all but confirmed unless someone can prove the algorithim could be swayed by a few dozen active users.

Totally agree, and that makes me believe that we can hear something new between now and the final of this year, because why would they submitted them if they don't want to realease it in the short term, just keep as It has been since now, hidden!

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Silkworms didn't have the chorus either, for all we know Axl never actually recorded it. :lol:

There's stuff from the Village leaks that was incomplete vocally. Axl intended to release Nothing, but obviously the vocals we heard were just a scratch take. There's no reason to think he didn't do other takes for SOG. :shrugs:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I doubt Axl would re-record vocals so I think there's a chance that whole section could've been cut, a la Abusrd's choruses.

He wouldn't have needed to re-record any vocals. A better vocal take could have been recorded the day after the take found on the Village leaks, or the week after, or month after, or during the vocal recording sessions in years after. This notion that all vocal recordings ended with the Village leaks makes no sense, we know Axl recorded vocals after 2001. 

• Like 3

Reading over this, not sure why people think "The General" might not be the final title. IIRC, Brain mentioned it was a "joke" title Brain and his buddy made from the fact that they were eating General Tso's chicken when they were messing around with loops and stumbled upon a loop that inspired the song. That being said, in the same interview, I believe Brain said Axl really liked the name "The General" and then seemed a little deflated after learning the somewhat trivial origin of the name, but kept calling it that. Also add that there is an element of "meta" to the name (Tommy's nickname at one point was "The General") and the fact that GN'R social media have called it that before, and that Baz specifically referred to it by that name all lead to me think that could be the final title. 

I will not fall into the trap of judging the song's epicness by its title or short description we received from Baz (or an ear bleeding cell phone recording of part of the song). Bear in mind that: (i) prior to the song being released, many assumed "Prostitute" was going to be one of the most soul-crushingly heavy songs ever recorded (I love the song, but would not describe it as a rocker) and (ii) Baz once referred to the riff in "Sorry" as doom metal. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

They allegedly used over 10 studios for CD; Village was just one of them. What do you think they were doing in the remaining ones - just tweaking the drums +1 dB? :lol:

I don't think there is any allegedly about it. If I remember right they are listed in the CD liner notes

15 minutes ago, LandOla said:

If these songs are uploaded to Spotify, we might be getting leaks soon...

Because they loose worth when (if) the songs are released? maybe. Wouldn't know who has what nowadays. I do wonder if anyone has the general

3 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Reading over this, not sure why people think "The General" might not be the final title. IIRC, Brain mentioned it was a "joke" title Brain and his buddy made from the fact that they were eating General Tso's chicken when they were messing around with loops and created a loop that inspired the song. That being said, in the same interview, I believe Brain said Axl really liked the name "The General" and then seemed a little deflated after learning the somewhat trivial origin of the name, but kept calling it that. Also add that there is an element of "meta" to the name (Tommy's nickname at one point was "The General") and the fact that GN'R social media have called it that before, and that Baz specifically referred to it by that name all lead to me think that could be the final title. 

I will not fall into the trap of judging the song's epicness by its title or short description we received from Baz (or an ear bleeding cell phone recording of part of the song). Bear in mind that: (i) prior to the song being released, many assumed "Prostitute" was going to be one of the most soul-crushingly heavy songs ever recorded (I love the song, but would not describe it as a rocker) and (ii) Baz once referred to the riff in "Sorry" as doom metal. 

Until they're released, all the titles we've heard of are just working titles. Axl referred to Hardschool and Absurd as Jchan and Silkworms, Street Of Dreams was The Blues, Scraped was Lies They Tell, etc.

I don't care what The General is officially called, I just want to hear it.