The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

22 minutes ago, Gackt said:

For what it's worth, searching "the general" on Spotify resulted in Absurd showing up partway through the Songs results.

Yeah, can’t deny The General pulling up GNR in the states will be a very good sign!

Just saying the fact that only songs that have leaked have shown up doesn't mean there won't be others there, we just wouldn't know the titles. I'd be surprised if they don't release Perhaps given it was probably the best received leaked track and they would now have released everything else we've heard with vocals (besides the piss around songs) so every chance it just has a new name now I'd have thought.

27 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Just saying the fact that only songs that have leaked have shown up doesn't mean there won't be others there, we just wouldn't know the titles. I'd be surprised if they don't release Perhaps given it was probably the best received leaked track and they would now have released everything else we've heard with vocals (besides the piss around songs) so every chance it just has a new name now I'd have thought.

Good point, because before Absurd was silkworms and we would have never known to type Absurd. Same for Hard Skool that was called other names. There is a chance that Perhaps is called something else now and other titles we don’t have a name for

31 minutes ago, wreckless said:

Beta said Absurd will be on the new album.

I thought she said 'disc', but i might be wrong. Either way, the comment could be interpreted as referring to the Hard Skool EP even though it isn't technically an album (as i believe her comment predated it). 

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, betterman said:

Why dont GNR come up when searching for Oh my God? It certainly has been uploaded to the database before, but is disabled or removed

I believe Oh My God is actually on Spotify, or at least was a few years back in the US.

2 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

Welp, absolutely nothing on Apple Music… would there be any reason why this conspiracy is exclusive to one streaming platform and not the other?

Different search engines. I mean, for what it’s worth, this Spotify thing may well be some kind of bug (i.e. working with unreleased tracks). 

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

The general has always been a bit of a holy grail since it was first mentioned, the title alone is just great. The string intro for the 2006 till 2011 shows was superb so hopes have always been high. 

and thats a problem.  Just like CD never lived up to the hype, this song will never be what the fans imagine in their heads.  It may be a great song, but people will complain

• Like 1

Has anyone tried searching for any of the things that might be associated with a UYI reissue (tracks listed as 'remastered' things we know to exist from that period etc)? 

I suppose there is a small possibility that some of the tracks people are seeing coming up in Spotify searches may be associated with that reissue in some way. 

I would do it myself but don't have Spotify or know how it works! 

55 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Has anyone tried searching for any of the things that might be associated with a UYI reissue (tracks listed as 'remastered' things we know to exist from that period etc)? 

I suppose there is a small possibility that some of the tracks people are seeing coming up in Spotify searches may be associated with that reissue in some way. 

I would do it myself but don't have Spotify or know how it works! 

I tried with some titles from the West Arkeen demos yesterday (Just Another Sunday, Sentimental Movie, Crash Diet, etc.), not so much in relation to a UYI box set, but mostly to test a potential "playlist effect"- because, if there are people who have the Village leaks in GN'R playlists and that's what causes some of them to show up in search results, I suppose there are at least as many GN'R fans who have these old demos in playlists as well, so it would have the same effect - and nothing GN'R related came up.

I now tried with "Estranged remastered," and as soon as I started typing "remastered" irrelevant results started popping up and GN'R went away.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2