The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Slightly deflating. If Spotify is aware of songs outside its database I.e tracks that exist but aren't on Spotify then this is all that's happening. It might be using date from other search engines and download websites. People search for Oklahoma or the general on other sites along with the words gun's n roses and it recognises it and when you type in Atlas or whatever it pulls data from other sites to suggest gnr. 

I think this is what's actually happening. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Slightly deflating. If Spotify is aware of songs outside its database I.e tracks that exist but aren't on Spotify then this is all that's happening. It might be using date from other search engines and download websites. People search for Oklahoma or the general on other sites along with the words gun's n roses and it recognises it and when you type in Atlas or whatever it pulls data from other sites to suggest gnr. 

I think this is what's actually happening. 

But then why were only people in the UK getting results? And then Western Europe? Then the US? If it’s pulling off of other search engines wouldn’t the search results always show up the same regardless of country? 

9 minutes ago, danijel00 said:

I don't use spotify but when all this started spotify app has been installed out of nowhere on my pc and it's poping up on every startup. Coincidence? I don't think so :popcorn:

same. was goanna keep it but it's getting annoying

3 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

same. was goanna keep it but it's getting annoying

You can disable that. 

Right-click a blank area of your taskbar, select the “startup” tab, right-click on “Spotify,” then disable.

Or you can do it in the Spotify app itself. Under Advanced Settings.

Edited by GnR Chris

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

You can disable that. 

Right-click a blank area of your taskbar, select the “startup” tab, right-click on “Spotify,” then disable.

Or you can do it in the Spotify app itself. Under Advanced Settings.

done. thanks

How do I upload screenshots from my mobile to the forum? I’ve just had a chat with Spotify support about the general and state of grace showing up with Guns. They said there are two possibilities. 1) GNR have put the tracks in the system but since asked Spotify to remove them 2) The tracks will be uploaded at a later date. He never mentioned algorithm as one of the two possibilities. 

• Like 2