The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

20 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

The lable decided to play games (which helps explain the backstage arguments at RIR and change of plans). I wouldn't expect anything this year, maybe 1EP if the Aussie ticket sales are really shit. Otherwise before the Euro 2023 outing.

Backstage arguments at RIR? What did your source tell you about this?

14 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

It means it isnt an algorithm, they have explicitly said that

Well, not sure what to think after all these statements from support people, not much of a consistent message being given at all. I think Ballad of Death is the deathknell to the hypothesis of the songs being uploaded by GN'R for release, sadly, leaving the algorithm or a possible third explanation (like it being fans who have uploaded leaked songs) as far more likely, even if they seem not completely satisfactory, either. 

The days events are casting doubt whether the Spotify search results mean that a release is forthcoming, but I can’t help but feel there is something to this; at least in the sense that GnR Records has either submitted tracks to Spotify or requested placeholders. 

13 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

It means it isnt an algorithm, they have explicitly said that

I wish it was not and algorithm thing... But really guys??? Maybe Atlas and The General are in there... But the other oness.... I don't think so.
Seems to me like and algorithm thing, watch the video Shacklermyrye posted a few pages back.

I have said this before and I will say it again, algorithms are hard to understand even for the people who makes them. 

The search engine is always evolving, always "learning" from their users. You guys are helping the search engine know these words are related to GNR.

3 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Hate to be ‘that guy’ but could someone please summarise the latest ?? Has it been established that the Spotify searches were a red herring and nothings actually forthcoming?

seems this threads gone from hopeful to hopeless!! 

PS, big respect to the folks who actually fucking contacted Spotify. Committed to the cause or what?!?

I'll say it was the contrary, some of the responses vaguely implied that something might be actually up.

However I wouldn't think that a customer service employee really understands how the algorithm works, that's up to the engineers i suppose.

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, DuffBrazil said:

I wish it was not and algorithm thing... But really guys??? Maybe Atlas and The General are in there... But the other oness.... I don't think so.
Seems to me like and algorithm thing, watch the video Shacklermyrye posted a few pages back.

I have said this before and I will say it again, algorithms are hard to understand even for the people who makes them. 

The search engine is always evolving, always "learning" from their users. You guys are helping the search engine know these words are related to GNR.

Shit dude sounds like SkyNet is become self aware for GnR 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Is there any possibility that Ballad of Death might be a song on the next record, or have we come to the end of this joyride?? 

If those are the two options ill pick the end of the joyride

5 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Is there any possibility that Ballad of Death might be a song on the next record, or have we come to the end of this joyride?? 

Ballad of Death on the next record would also be much like an end of a joyride. 

Edited by Spoon87

4 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Only if the next record is the CD box set, so I'll say that this is officially over IMO. Btw thanks for searching "Atlas Shrugged" 3 weeks ago lol. 

Yeah it sucks that nothings going to come of this, but at least I gave us something to talk about other than the usual 😂

What’s hilarious is that some of you put too much stock into a Spotify customer service line (do you think they know whether or not the Guns N’ Roses songs are coming out? Why don’t you ask them for the track list of Taylor Swift’s Midnight and see how that goes - and that has a release date!).

But what’s even funnier is that the hapless Spotify employee - who is trained to reset your password or fix account issues - even went so far as to give you multiple explanations for why this could be the case - including related search terms, etc. - and some of you have bypassed those completely and instead are focusing on “well they said there *could* be a song uploaded in the system with that name! CHINESE DEMOCRACY II LIVES ON!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

algo1.PNG.5190ea39df14fa41a3adc17503b9b0f9.PNGalgo2.PNG.0860daf431e5d4d18323409cfc2a3edf.PNG

Got transferred like 3 times until eventually someone took my question, no idea what any of this means. Am very confused. 

So with this explanation we can discard the algorithm thing, but can not confirm either an album is coming...

Interesting

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yep. Everyone loses in this discussion. Per the standard for being a GNR fan.

It’s at least a little funny that no matter what we’ve tried in our sleuthing the situation has remained more or less the same.🥸

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It’s at least a little funny that no matter what we’ve tried in our sleuthing the situation has remained more or less the same.🥸

Fuck it, we had some good memories and laughs. Even if it yielded nothing it was 10x more interesting than the UYI box set imo. Don't really care about 60 live tracks of songs we've already heard hundreds of times.

• Like 2