The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Someone could always ask Ashba about the status of BoD and if he plans to release it himself. Could clarify things a little, and he is sometimes responsive to fans.

I don't wanna talk to him. YOU talk to him! Hell let's draw sticks to see who's gotta talk to him. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

I don't wanna talk to him. YOU talk to him! Hell let's draw sticks to see who's gotta talk to him. 

On the second Sixx: A.M. record, there is a song called Oh My God (ironically), and in that song during a solo DJ plays a few seconds that are identical to a few seconds from the Ballad Of Death.

Yesterday I got GN'R for "ballad of de" but not Ashba. Today I got both GN'R and Ashba for "ballad of dea". So did that happen because many of us searched for it yesterday? If so, what a lousy and shitty algorithm Spotify has - if only one conclusion can be drawn from all this, it's that :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yesterday I got GN'R for "ballad of de" but not Ashba. Today I got both GN'R and Ashba for "ballad of dea". So did that happen because many of us searched for it yesterday? If so, what a lousy and shitty algorithm Spotify has - if only one conclusion can be drawn from all this, it's that :lol:

I think the people of Spotify denied the algorithm thing, but they don't confirmed also that the album was at their system, so at this point se only have to wait!

Just now, Dani_1455 said:

I think the people of Spotify denied the algorithm thing, but they don't confirmed also that the album was at their system, so at this point se only have to wait!

These Spotify customer support people probably don't know shit. They're just there to answer simple questions like how to search on the app and make a playlist.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

These Spotify customer support people probably don't know shit. They're just there to answer simple questions like how to search on the app and make a playlist.

Maybe, but at this point I think they probably have more info, or more knowledge than us in this.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Exactly. And if someone says they can't find GNR's new single, they'll say it hasn't been released yet because they can't find it either. They're not thinking it's a trick to find out if there actually is such a song. They just believe the customer asking about a new single.

And no one cares about how their algorithm works. Why would they? It's only an issue for us GNR nerds/lunatics.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

While I’m willing to admit overall the CDII hopes came from us fucking the algorithm I think this connection is kind of a stretch. I think things like this can just vary. Sometimes I search it and get nothing and sometimes I search it and get GNR right away. The letters likely don’t impact much if anything. If they do then Spotify’s algorithm is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I will say, Spotify's algorithm is actual dogshit with how easy it is to modify it. What a fucking joke.

I tried searching for various things on Apple Music (on the webpage, because I don't have Apple) and it seems to return only results that are actually relevant to the searched words. Of course, I suppose, parameters such as listening habits and searches are taken into account there, too, in order to give personalised results for Apple users on the app, but it still won't return totally irrelevant and "garbage" results like Spotify seems to do both on the webpage and app. If Spotify can be affected like that by a bunch of GN'R nutjobs searching, its algorithm really sucks.

30 minutes ago, Lio said:

Exactly. And if someone says they can't find GNR's new single, they'll say it hasn't been released yet because they can't find it either. They're not thinking it's a trick to find out if there actually is such a song. They just believe the customer asking about a new single.

And no one cares about how their algorithm works. Why would they? It's only an issue for us GNR nerds/lunatics.

This. Customer Support has no info on songs sitting in the database. Nor do they understand the inner workings of the site. Anything technical that’s an issue from the consumer end gets passed along as a work ticket. They are there to handle payment issues, how to work the app, and pass along anything that’s not working correctly 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I tried searching for various things on Apple Music (on the webpage, because I don't have Apple) and it seems to return only results that are actually relevant to the searched words. Of course, I suppose, parameters such as listening habits and searches are taken into account there, too, in order to give personalised results for Apple users on the app, but it still won't return totally irrelevant and "garbage" results like Spotify seems to do both on the webpage and app. If Spotify can be affected like that by a bunch of GN'R nutjobs searching, its algorithm really sucks.

I tried searching on every other platform week ago when all of this started and Spotify is the only algorithm that has this stupid aspect to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

How many has a tually searched for Cuban skies?? It wasnt among the leaks either..Suspicious

"cuban sk" shows GN'R as the 4th result under "Top" and second under Artists. If I search "cuban skies" or even "cuban ski" I don't get any GN'R.

Something is happening. 

I'm in the US, midwest. 

• Like 1