Would the majority of people have the cash to see GNR within the next two years?

Only if they make it worth while to the fans and release an album. Also try and include an illusion setlist and massive promotions as an early celebration of the anniversary. If its the same NITL setlist as a way of cucking the fans then forget it, but im sure GNR would try!!!.

Edited by Sydney Fan

It is hard to project, even week-to-week circumstances fluctuate so I guess only time can tell.  Unemployment, state of the economy, state of the music industry, etc. by the time public events are ready to resume

I can see many different variables.  How many people will lose their jobs and not want to spend money on concert tickets until they are in a better place?  How many people maybe wouldn't have gone prior however have a newfound appreciation for concerts/public events after being quarantined and decide hey why not see a kickass classic rock band while they are here and catch some nosebleeds?

Hard to truly speculate since this is a truly historically unique situation

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

The only way I’d even consider seeing them again in Australia would be new music or a proper reunion. But on topic: when the tour resumes, they were going to be playing to smaller crowds anyway, add to that the global recession, I think the tour will be cancelled.

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

As someone who works at Bloomberg LP, I can tell you that it really depends on how the economy is and state of mind.  I've been employed by the company since 2000 when I graduated college.  I saw the data after 9/11 and the Great Recession. It took time for things to get back to "normal".  It's not just my job, but the personal experience of going through 9/11 at age 25. The NJ/NYC area took time for getting things back.  I see the same thing happening again in regards to fear. The variable this time is that people are in their homes and aren't going anywhere. You may see after the lockdown a surge at some point of activity, but it won't happen right away. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It astonishes me that people had the sort of money they're charging to throw about in the first place on concerts really! 

Double the price Early Entry is nonsense. They're getting to the gig early anyway so why pay double. 

Hopefully ticket prices (and pisstake charges) will come down 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't see them if they were playing for free at my local pub.

Really? That bad. What if they threw in a free pint? 

Who would you rather see over GNR? 

43 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Really? That bad. What if they threw in a free pint? 

Who would you rather see over GNR? 

Admittedly I don't really go to gigs these days. It takes Bob or Neil to get me out of the house.

As long as the pint isn't Corona. 

I would actually take great satisfaction in the shitshow that has been GNR live the past decade being forced off the road due to lack of demand from a flailing economy.

I'd rather years of nothing and potentially never hear from the band again than watch Axl continue coasting with diminishing returns throughout the 2020's.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

GnR lucked out. 550 million plus highest ranking top 5  tour ever ,NITL tour, 3.5 years. Had this situation not  happened, Tour( still reunion tour) 2020 would have sold out too.  People here who complain of same setlist, no new music, still would have gone and that is ok. It is what you like.  Better for The Big3 of this canceled year because being away will give their fans more of a want for them.2021. It is up to TheBig3 if they want to go back on the road. They will because they their audience is there for sales. Next year might make a difference in competition  from so many entertainers being out there.

Edited by Amaya

No telling what the economy will be like overall and for the majority of people nor how people, even those very financially  able will want to spend their dollars. There will be so much competition out in 2021 for your sports and entertainment dollars due to postponing this year. NOTE, first out of the 2021 starting gate, THE STADIUM TOUR has rebooked dates, cities, and venues. Check out Motely Crue's sites by the band and DefLeppard official site.