Unofficial updates on 2020 tour

E-Mail from Ticketmaster Ireland:

Hello,

We have just been advised that Guns N' Roses at Marlay Park which was due to take place on the 27th June 2020 has been rescheduled due to COVID-19 & the new date has now been confirmed. See statement from the band below

"Hey Gunners, picking up where we left off last week, our 2020 European tour dates are being rescheduled to June of 2021.  The dates kick off in Lisbon, Portugal on the June 2nd, 2021.  We are forever grateful for your understanding and continued support during these unprecedented times. We are looking forward to getting back on stage."

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Tuesday 22nd June 2021.

All original tickets remain valid for the rescheduled show 

That's all for now, but if anything else comes up we'll be in touch!

Kind Regards,
Ticketmaster

Ah, what now…. what if I can't go to the new date? What if I'm not interested in the new date? No word on how to return the fucking ticket and to get the money back. This makes me so fucking angry.

Also Ticketmaster Germany finally responded regarding the cancelled Aerosmith, System of a down and Rock meets Classic concerts and informs me that the respective Promoters have elected to make use of the voucher solution, fuck me in the ass, not return my money and to keep it for another 16 months. What if I have elected to not be fucked in the ass and refuse to pay for fucking shows that the promoter elected to cancel?

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No one is buying tickets at the moment for shows, 

That's it. So fuck these fucking vouchers. Knowing how they can and will fuck me over, I'm certainly refraining from getting any new tix until shows happen again. And even then I'm inclined to say fuck them. And fuck thinking of trying to get rid of tickets for postponed shows privately.

Edited by PatrickS77

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

E-Mail from Ticketmaster Ireland:

Hello,

We have just been advised that Guns N' Roses at Marlay Park which was due to take place on the 27th June 2020 has been rescheduled due to COVID-19 & the new date has now been confirmed. See statement from the band below

"Hey Gunners, picking up where we left off last week, our 2020 European tour dates are being rescheduled to June of 2021.  The dates kick off in Lisbon, Portugal on the June 2nd, 2021.  We are forever grateful for your understanding and continued support during these unprecedented times. We are looking forward to getting back on stage."

What Now?

The event will now take place at the same venue on Tuesday 22nd June 2021.

All original tickets remain valid for the rescheduled show 

That's all for now, but if anything else comes up we'll be in touch!

Kind Regards,
Ticketmaster

Ah, what now…. what if I can't go to the new date? What if I'm not interested in the new date? No word on how to return the fucking ticket and to get the money back. This makes me so fucking angry.

Also Ticketmaster Germany finally responded regarding the cancelled Aerosmith, System of a down and Rock meets Classic concerts and informs me that the respective Promoters have elected to make use of the voucher solution, fuck me in the ass, not return my money and to keep it for another 16 months. What if I have elected to not be fucked in the ass and refuse to pay for fucking shows that the promoter elected to cancel?

I feel you totally. It's all so completely unacceptable. I go to loads of concerts normally (as I imagine do you) and all this bullshit is really making me wonder how I can ever give Ticketmaster any money again. And if that means not going to a concert....I'm starting to think 'so what'? 

Have you looked at the small print for these vouchers too? They have an expiry (end of December next year) after which you can't use them at all. They're also 'only for events from the same promoter', so you couldn't even use them to book other, smaller shows! You'd hence probably find the vouchers unusable anyway! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

I've not had an email regarding the cancelled Hamburg gig yet.

In a sane world the money would be going straight back onto my card surely. All this talk of vouchers is making me rather anxious.

As a non-German speaker I'm not looking forward to potentially having to negotiate with German Ticketmaster.

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I feel you totally. It's all so completely unacceptable. I go to loads of concerts normally (as I imagine do you) and all this bullshit is really making me wonder how I can ever give Ticketmaster any money again. And if that means not going to a concert....I'm starting to think 'so what'? 

Yes. Those are exactly my thoughts.

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That’s how I feel. I didn’t buy any tickets for any concerts this year because I can’t stomach Ticketmaster/Live Nation and their bullshit any more. It is so sad most of the bands out there are in with them and don’t seem to mind the way they rip off their fans left right and centre. 

I won’t be going to any concerts through them ever again. 

Its not as if they are dealing with tickets that cost £40 or £50 either - people have a lot of money tied up in these shows and they’re treated like total shit.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Have you looked at the small print for these vouchers too? They have an expiry (end of December next year) after which you can't use them at all. They're also 'only for events from the same promoter', so you couldn't even use them to book other, smaller shows! You'd hence probably find the vouchers unusable anyway! 

Yes. Same promoter and sometimes it's also limited to you, meaning you couldn't even give the voucher to a friend for him to buy something. And in some countries when the voucher expires, you have a generous window of 2 (!) weeks to claim your money back. If you fail to do so, they are entitled to keep your money indefinitely. It's absolutely criminal.

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That’s how I feel. I didn’t buy any tickets for any concerts this year because I can’t stomach Ticketmaster/Live Nation and their bullshit any more. It is so sad most of the bands out there are in with them and don’t seem to mind the way they rip off their fans left right and centre. 

Its not as if they are dealing with tickets that cost £40 or £50 either - people have a lot of money tied up in these shows and they’re treated like total shit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. It sometimes feels like everyone just accepts being fucked so happily. The sad thing is, with their stranglehold on the industry, it means not going to a lot of concerts of course.....

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Same promoter and sometimes it's also limited to you, meaning you couldn't even give the voucher to a friend for him to buy something. And in some countries when the voucher expires, you have a generous window of 2 (!) weeks to claim your money back. If you fail to do so, they are entitled to keep your money indefinitely. It's absolutely criminal.

Oh, there seems to be no window. Just if the voucher expires....you're done. They keep your money! 

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes. Just for these german shows I have tied up 500 €. 100 € for Aerosmith in Portugal. 160 € for GNR in Dublin. 105 € for System of Down in Milano (which I will use the voucher to order the ticket again as a pdf, instead of my original will call order, which they previously refused to change. Just imagine the gall, I bought that ticket when it went on sale, with TM only offering paper tickets, for which they charged 30 € for delivery or box office collection for free, which I've chosen. Some time later they suddenly offered pdf tickets. I asked them to exchange my ticket delivery option and they flat out refused. And then you're asked to feel sympathy for such a shit show company).

Yeah. When GNR postponed their Zurich concert in '06, at the last minute, when we actally arrived in Zurich and the promoter said that tickets would be valid for the new date and no refunds would be granted, unless I have a undersigned confirmation from my parents that I can't attend school that day, I got so mad that I faked an excuse, returned the ticket, drove to Zurich and bought a ticket privately from someone trying to get rid of it, just to not give the original ticketseller my money. Felt so good.

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, there seems to be no window. Just if the voucher expires....you're done. They keep your money! 

Is this for the UK?

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

A translation of the FAQ of Eventim.de:

===

Can I have the organizer voucher paid out in cash?

Not right now. However, if you do not redeem your organizer voucher by December 31, 2021, you, as the voucher holder, can have the value of the voucher paid out by the organizer afterwards.

===

So looks like you will get the money back, although it will take a veeeeery long time. I assume it is not Eventim only, but will also apply to ticketmaster.de

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. It sometimes feels like everyone just accepts being fucked so happily. The sad thing is, with their stranglehold on the industry, it means not going to a lot of concerts of course.....

At one point it was the scalpers who were the real scum of the live music world but now I think Ticketmaster have gone even below them in estimations. They are now the scalpers as well though :lol:

I managed to see a few bands last year buying tickets from the venue but you’re right, a lot of the bands I like are so in with them it’s impossible. Sad times. 

I just cannot believe they aren’t straight up giving people their money back. Who the hell wants a voucher?! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

At one point it was the scalpers who were the real scum of the live music world but now I think Ticketmaster have gone even below them in estimations. They are now the scalpers as well though :lol:

I managed to see a few bands last year buying tickets from the venue but you’re right, a lot of the bands I like are so in with them it’s impossible. Sad times. 

I just cannot believe they aren’t straight up giving people their money back. Who the hell wants a voucher?! 

Yeah, Ticketmaster looked at scalpers and just became them essentially. They're a despicable company. 

Ticketmaster own a lot of the damn venues is part of the problem too! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I am happy that they could go bankrupt. GOOD! Nothing better could happen to the music industry than the total downfall and death of LiveNation and Ticketmaster.

Seems like a bit of a shortsighted view tbh.

They employ directly (and indirectly) a vast amount of people that I'm sure would rather remain employed.

Also while TM/LN are certainly (at least partially) to blame for ballooning ticket prices we wouldn't have the modern scale or quality of touring industry without them.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I believe you can just get a refund via their refund webpage.

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

I believe you can just get a refund via their refund webpage.

Yes. I'm already in contact with them and I hope it works out. But information like that belongs into an E-Mail, like that. Don't leave the customer hanging and fending for themselves.

25 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. Just for these german shows I have tied up 500 €. 100 € for Aerosmith in Portugal. 160 € for GNR in Dublin. 105 € for System of Down in Milano (which I will use the voucher to order the ticket again as a pdf, instead of my original will call order, which they previously refused to change. Just imagine the gall, I bought that ticket when it went on sale, with TM only offering paper tickets, for which they charged 30 € for delivery or box office collection for free, which I've chosen. Some time later they suddenly offered pdf tickets. I asked them to exchange my ticket delivery option and they flat out refused. And then you're asked to feel sympathy for such a shit show company).

Yeah. When GNR postponed their Zurich concert in '06, at the last minute, when we actally arrived in Zurich and the promoter said that tickets would be valid for the new date and no refunds would be granted, unless I have a undersigned confirmation from my parents that I can't attend school that day, I got so mad that I faked an excuse, returned the ticket, drove to Zurich and bought a ticket privately from someone trying to get rid of it, just to not give the original ticketseller my money. Felt so good.

Is this for the UK?

Thankfully the UK Government have not abused their citizens and forced these unethical laws on us (yet)

You will get full refund off TM minus the "transaction fee" which is about £3

Other agencies just give you the face value back. (seetickets/gigantic)

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I get why people are upset, but just keep in mind the chances of the 2021 dates happening are slim too! We're heading into September now and signs of going back to normal are still way off! Still no pubs in Ireland!! I mean that's a big indicator that things aren't good! I think this is optimistic booking at best!! 

I agree, I'm not convinced that large scale concerts will be happening next year either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Thankfully the UK Government have not abused their citizens and forced these unethical laws on us (yet)

You will get full refund off TM minus the "transaction fee" which is about £3

Other agencies just give you the face value back. (seetickets/gigantic)

LOL don't get me started on the transaction fee. :lol: Yes, it's disheartening to see that some Governments fuck their citizens more than some other Governments. One would think that it would be possible that everyone in the EU is afforded the same level of fairness.

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I agree, I'm not convinced that large scale concerts will be happening next year either.

It's not like they can wait until the last minute either.   At some point in advance, they will have to commit to the expenditure like paying for the private 757/ crew contracts etc 

The old Soundwave Promoter, AJ Maddah, said he couldn't see shows happening next year because insurance will be a major issue whilst Covid is around.  

7 hours ago, sl4yer said:

That’s a bummer cause now there’s no any central europe show that I would be able to go :( 

I hope they will add a few more shows, and Poland or Czech will get one 

I had a t-shirt prepared for a concert in Warsaw and now I will redo writing -fuck covid

Count me in in the voucher team

that's the only option ticketmaster.cz does offer for the canceled Prague show... i especially love this part

20200805_205208.thumb.jpg.77275327321da2f5fd1994a2f3edb6be.jpg

i'm so sorry to be healthy, employed, younger than 65 and no mother<_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

15 minutes ago, EricA said:

Count me in in the voucher team

that's the only option ticketmaster.cz does offer for the canceled Prague show... i especially love this part

20200805_205208.thumb.jpg.77275327321da2f5fd1994a2f3edb6be.jpg

i'm so sorry to be healthy, employed, younger than 65 and no mother<_<

That's ridiculous. 

Can't you claim you have some sort of disability? Surely they wouldn't go to the lengths of asking for proof?!