Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

Is this dude ^ serious??

The fact of the matter is GNR doesn’t have enough material or enough reasons to forgive them for the bullshit they keep laying on us compared to a band like Metallica. in fact, Metallica fucked over the whole music industry, and was STILL able to do all of the things I just mentioned in a post-napster world. 

Also, if you knew anything about me and my presence on this website, you’d know I sucked off Axl and his circus for the last 10+ years. But I guess now because my opinion has changed due to recent events, I’ve gone full throat choke on Metallica’s pipe.

maybe im sick of sucking people off, and now its time for me to get sucked off. Ever think of that? 

• Like 1

Also, you act like theres sooooo much to downplay. The band took 2014-2016 off, reunited and has since banked off the profits, while continuing to extort their ‘loyal’ fans, while stabbing them in the back once we get pulled back in. Something NONE of us thought Slash or even Duff would do. Yet, the harsh reality is here we are. 

If I were Team Brazil, 2017 would have saw the 30th anniversary of AFD tour. 3 nights somewhere where one of those nights AFD would be played in its ENTIRETY. With or without Steven. 

the box-set would have been released and marketed wayyyyyyyy better in unison with the tour. 

then top priority would be writing a new album with shows sprinkled here or there. 

hell, Slash himself has put out FOUR albums and numerous other projects since axl last released a piece of music. That should tell you all you need to know really. 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, there's a reason for the negativity here and many other places on the internet regarding GNR. I can only think of two places with blind positivity about GNR and they're both ghost towns. Not because people don't want to be positive about GNR, but because GNR gives fans little to nothing to be positive about. 

Do an honest comparison of the things you've listed that GNR has done over the past 10 years versus the extensive list of what Metallica has done. There's just absolutely no comparison. That's no one's fault but GNR and TB. So the fact that TB thinks of this place as negative goes back to how they've handled things. It's certainly not the responsibility of the fans to just act like things are better than the are. 

Oh absolutely, no one want's just sycophantic praise of the band. But this place leans waaay too much in the other direction at times.

The list of what Metallica has done is basically the same other than they've released a bunch of albums I (and most people) don't want to listen to. If I go see Metallica and anything post 90's comes on it's time for a piss break and maybe a beer. And this is true for the casual fans of pretty much any band.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is this dude ^ serious??

The fact of the matter is GNR doesn’t have enough material or enough reasons to forgive them for the bullshit they keep laying on us compared to a band like Metallica. in fact, Metallica fucked over the whole music industry, and was STILL able to do all of the things I just mentioned in a post-napster world. 

Also, if you knew anything about me and my presence on this website, you’d know I sucked off Axl and his circus for the last 10+ years. But I guess now because my opinion has changed due to recent events, I’ve gone full throat choke on Metallica’s pipe.

maybe im sick of sucking people off, and now its time for me to get sucked off. Ever think of that? 

As I said GNR could learn a lot for how Metallica have set up their fan interaction but you almost went out of your way to ignore the fact that GNR have had their own great moments  over the years as well.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, there's a reason for the negativity here and many other places on the internet regarding GNR. I can only think of two places with blind positivity about GNR and they're both ghost towns. Not because people don't want to be positive about GNR, but because GNR gives fans little to nothing to be positive about. 

Do an honest comparison of the things you've listed that GNR has done over the past 10 years versus the extensive list of what Metallica has done. There's just absolutely no comparison. That's no one's fault but GNR and TB. So the fact that TB thinks of this place as negative goes back to how they've handled things. It's certainly not the responsibility of the fans to just act like things are better than the are. 

Just to add. There’s only one constant here in decades of futility. It all comes from above in some fashion imo 

Hmm.. A band with one record in 25 years, which just participated in probably the greatest reunion tour of all time (if you think Hell Freezes Over was bigger, you could make that argument); the fans are there, and yearning for material. Even if they didn't release new music, just a shitton of pro-shots, I'd be happy enough to still consider them one of my all time favorite bands. I would have the proper ammunition to show people why I like this band, rather than demos from 1999 which are frankly just alright. I can't keep playing Appetite and UYI over and over again until the grooves or tape wears out. The love from the fans is not congruent with the efforts and output of the band.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Also, you act like theres sooooo much to downplay. The band took 2014-2016 off, reunited and has since banked off the profits, while continuing to extort their ‘loyal’ fans, while stabbing them in the back once we get pulled back in. Something NONE of us thought Slash or even Duff would do. Yet, the harsh reality is here we are. 

If I were Team Brazil, 2017 would have saw the 30th anniversary of AFD tour. 3 nights somewhere where one of those nights AFD would be played in its ENTIRETY. With or without Steven. 

the box-set would have been released and marketed wayyyyyyyy better in unison with the tour. 

then top priority would be writing a new album with shows sprinkled here or there. 

hell, Slash himself has put out FOUR albums and numerous other projects since axl last released a piece of music. That should tell you all you need to know really. 

I honestly wouldn't worry about engaging too much. It's the same old nonsense from thread to thread.

Same two/three posters, same old 'GNR defence league'. 

It's an attention thing, because they don't get it elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Oh absolutely, no one want's just sycophantic praise of the band. But this place leans waaay too much in the other direction at times.

The list of what Metallica has done is basically the same other than they've released a bunch of albums I (and most people) don't want to listen to. If I go see Metallica and anything post 90's comes on it's time for a piss break and maybe a beer. And this is true for the casual fans of pretty much any band

Haha, come on now. The list between what Metallica have done in the last 10 years and what GNR have done is nowhere near the same. Furthermore, are you suggesting that because a lot of fans take piss breaks during new material at concerts that that's a reason to not release any new material? 

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

As I said GNR could learn a lot for how Metallica have set up their fan interaction but you almost went out of your way to ignore the fact that GNR have had their own great moments  over the years as well.

And its almost like you went out of your way to put GNR’s casual achievements in the same category as a well oiled and marketed machine.... 

i see why you aren’t mad about this. You are a casual. You could give a fuck what they play. As long as they are out there playing those hillbilly anthems, you will be there. Because thats all the Value GNR gives you. And thats fine. But your voice doesnt get to be the loudest for the fans that have sat here since 1993 and watched this soap opra unfold like WWE monday night raw week by week.  

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Just to add. There’s only one constant here in decades of futility. It all comes from above in some fashion imo 

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

True that, Axl is clearly the issue for the lack of content over the years.

So you both agree that 1) GNR is in no way a productive band and 2) that it's Axl's fault. 

Remind me again how it's the fans fault if they're negative? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So you both agree that 1) GNR is in no way a productive band and 2) that it's Axl's fault. 

TB’s/GNR fan relations suck. I agree. Fans have a right to be negative about it. From what I’ve seen over the years, I think that comes from somewhere as well. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

And its almost like you went out of your way to put GNR’s casual achievements in the same category as a well oiled and marketed machine.... 

So why are Metallica's pro-shots worthy of praise but not GNR's?

Just seems like a double standard because you want to have a whine. 

And I wouldn't list myself as a casual fan, I'm just a realist as to how the output of legacy acts is treated.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not the fans,  just some on this forum.

As with everything there are reasons to be critical but there are users on here that are just never happy, and in turn this is why TB stopped caring about here because no matter what they did it just got derided.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

And I wouldn't list myself as a casual fan, I'm just a realist as to how the output of legacy acts is treated.

Simple: Because there are about 100+ Metallica videos to choose from all on youtube to watch if I so desired, a sweet partnership with Nugs Net that I think every  band should take advantage of in this post COVID world, and because I have no idea what GNR pro-shots you are referring to because I don't even think you know what you are referring to:lol:

Thanks for diluting my whole list down to a few words as I figured you would anyway. 

and obviously you aren't a 'realist' if you think GNR did anything close to Metallica in the last 12 years, but okay Joe Rogan, use your bias and love of something to make sure we understand GNR tried the hardest they could to give us the best content they thought of. 

:facepalm:

Edited by KeyserSoze

20 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

As with everything there are reasons to be critical but there are users on here that are just never happy, and in turn this is why TB stopped caring about here because no matter what they did it just got derided.

No, it's the fans. Have a look around at everywhere GNR is on the internet outside of the two dead forums that force positivity. Many, many fans are negative everywhere else but here. It's absolutely not "just some on this forum" and no matter how many times you make that false statement, it's just never going to be true. 

It's also humorous that you seem to be speaking on TBs behalf. Can you confirm that TB actually cared about the fans outside of their money at any point?

And again, it's not that "whatever they did gets derided", it's that they did next to nothing. When the band is completely unproductive and their management insults the fans in more ways than one, then this is the situation we end up in. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

And all of them absolute *gold*

It doesn't matter if you like those albums or not. 

If you were to work at a marketing agency as an intern with another strapping young lad who brings in 4+ big ideas to the room while you sit there on your hands, I can tell you straight up who is getting the job. 

I think the main problem here is you thinking new music isn't worth staining the integrity of the brand. 

Metallica's album you called a 'piss-break' went to #1 on Billboard. 

Could you imagine what that would do for GNR? 

But keep fighting it, come on. What's your response to this one?

Just now, RussTCB said:

No, it's the fans. Have a look around at everywhere GNR is on the internet outside of the two dead forums that force positivity. Many, many fans negative. It's absolutely not "just some on this forum" and no matter how many times you make that false statement, it's just never going to be true. 

It's also humorous that you seem to be speaking on TBs behalf. Can you confirm that TB actually cared about the fans outside of their money at any point?

And again, it's not that "whatever they did gets derided", it's that they did next to nothing. When the band is completely unproductive and their management insults the fans in more ways than one, then this is the situation we end up in. 

Even casuals on Facebook are criticizing the book, pretty heavily, most just want new music. Which begs the questions, if Axl hasn't felt compelled to write music, is it irresponsible for him to continue using the brand and band for the last 12 years, only to not produce any product? I think so, but I don't think Axl is just lazy and doesn't want to go to the studio, maybe he just hasn't. Dudes 57, I can't empathize yet with what I'd be like at that age 🤷 until he or TB says something, who knows

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

There will always be the few are the loudest syndrome in communities. I also agree there are things that pop up at times that are sort of out of their control and it should be called to attention when appropriate. It still doesn’t excuse their general reaction/relationship towards the community here though. I think generally, fans here want to see the band do well

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Simple: Because there are about 100+ Metallica videos to choose from all on youtube to watch if I so desired, a sweet partnership with Nugs Net that I think every  band should take advantage of in this post COVID world, and because I have no idea what GNR pro-shots you are referring to because I don't even think you know what you are referring to:lol:

Thanks for diluting my whole list down to a few words as I figured you would anyway. 

and obviously you aren't a 'realist' if you think GNR did anything close to Metallica in the last 12 years, but okay Joe Rogan, use your bias and love of something to make sure we understand GNR tried the hardest they could to give us the best content they thought of. 

:facepalm:

I've already given a list of the pro-shots, so feel free to go back and read them.

My original response to your post was not trying to minimise the great work Metallica does, they put a lot of effort in. But I was just bringing up that you left off the large amounts of good stuff GNR have done over the years (to try and further your point).

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No, it's the fans. Have a look around at everywhere GNR is on the internet outside of the two dead forums that force positivity. Many, many tiny minority of fans negative. It's absolutely not "just some on this forum" and no matter how many times you make that false statement, it's just never going to be true. 

Fixed that for you.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It doesn't matter if you like those albums or not. 

If you were to work at a marketing agency as an intern with another strapping young lad who brings in 4+ big ideas to the room while you sit there on your hands, I can tell you straight up who is getting the job. 

I think the main problem here is you thinking new music isn't worth staining the integrity of the brand. 

Metallica's album you called a 'piss-break' went to #1 on Billboard. 

Could you imagine what that would do for GNR? 

But keep fighting it, come on. What's your response to this one?

I don't want any act I follow to just pump out landfill 4/4 rock. This is where Slash and his productivity works against him. Some great tracks, a lot of filler.

Of course Metallica went to number 1, doesn't stop the songs being bathroom break material. Their classic albums will still sell more per year than any new release.

GNR would also go to No.1 now that Slash is back, people would still rather hear Sweet Child O' Mine than the new tracks.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The most recent pro-shot that GNR have actually released is from 2012, and it's widely considered a bad show. Yes there were a few videos from festivals between 2016-18, but GNR and Metallica really aren't comparable when it comes to this kind of stuff... I'm just a casual Metallica fan, but as of 2020 they blow GNR out of the water in just about every way.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

sooooo whats the alternative?

By 2021, GNR will basically have toured their WHOLE catalogue of music in a 20 year period (2001-2021).

what do you suggest is next? 

Nothing? Just rinse, repeat? 

Thats like reading a book, saying "yeah, the first couple of chapters are good, but put it down after page 50" and theres still 100+ pages left. 

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I've already given a list of the pro-shots, so feel free to go back and read them.

My original response to your post was not trying to minimise the great work Metallica does, they put a lot of effort in. But I was just bringing up that you left off the large amounts of good stuff GNR have done over the years (to try and further your point).

Fixed that for you.

I don't want any act I follow to just pump out landfill 4/4 rock. This is where Slash and his productivity works against him. Some great tracks, a lot of filler.

Of course Metallica went to number 1, doesn't stop the songs being bathroom break material. Their classic albums will still sell more per year than any new release.

GNR would also go to No.1 now that Slash is back, people would still rather hear Sweet Child O' Mine than the new tracks.

Your last point isn't true, lots of comments on most posts from the band on Facebook; people want new music. The NITL was the nostalgia for Slash and Duff people have been wanting for 20 years. Now that that is over, people want new music. No one is saying that GN'R shouldn't be successful, everyone here wants the band do to great things; but often times, which I think is the point of this discussion, they fall short compared to not just Metallica; A LOT of bands have made simple, fast, low effort, high reward moves over the last decade, which GN'R hasn't. 

We're not expecting albums that compete with appetite every year from the band. But damnit, live music is simple to upload, they can take all my damn money, and they refuse. Even Fernandos mention of live music on discord/Reddit is not simple or concise. It just sounds like something that won't happen. Come on, this band has been on 2 of the biggest tours ever, and all we've got is the terrible Tokyo recording to show for it.

Other bands have been rewarded handsomely for making simple decisions, like releasing pro shots, being more open and direct with their fans, not having an iron fist on what members say during interviews. I think, for the most part, that's what we deserve as fans (especially those who have stuck around so long). This band has essentially crumpled and failed at least 3 times, yet here we still are, because the previous works were so good

9 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Fixed that for you.

:lol: changing my post to your opinion doesn't make it fact. As I said before, if you have a look around at GN'Rs online presence outside of this forum, you'll see that in fact the greater majority of fans are disappointed with nearly everything to do with the fans. 

No amount of trolling this forum on your part will change that. 

• Like 2