Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but it's only fair to point out it's not the band or their management sending cease & desists over video footage.

Then who is sending cease and desists over video footage? Last I knew there were a couple of former members of this forum deleting videos in Youtube. And TB was not doing anything to stop them

58 minutes ago, Padme said:

Then who is sending cease and desists over video footage? Last I knew there were a couple of former members of this forum deleting videos in Youtube. And TB was not doing anything to stop them

Yes they haven't intervened to stop it but the takedowns of YT videos and the C&Ds to the forum come via the orgs set up to deal with copyright issues who usually work for or in conjunction with the music labels. This comes about because of individuals taking advantage of the reporting systems in place.

I was just pointing out that to say it's the band or TB is too simplistic and not really correct.

• Haha 1

Any Guns N' Roses children's book is probably a bad idea, but they could have at least made one that featured band members as children and was based on their experiences. A Guns N' Roses book that is in fact about TB children seems inexcusable from any angle.

There were a lot of debates over the years about whether nuGNR was really GNR. I pretty much sat on the fence because I felt I could see where both sides were coming from. Now I wonder if it's come to a point where TB=GNR?

You have to wonder why on earth Axl is allowing this to happen. Did he genuinely like the idea or is he so desperately afraid of losing Beta that he thinks he has no choice but to allow her son to do whatever he pleases? From an outsider's point of view it seems plain crazy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be fine with that, It was awesome seeing Slash and Duff playing all the classics again in front of the classic Guns logo. It was icing on the cake when Axl didn't sound like crap. At this point I wouldn't care if they sailed into the sunset again. Not really a fan of anyone in the band except Slash and Duff anyway.  It has been over 4 years now and all they do is release ridiculous swag. Not that I care about new music from this line up but releasing some old classic shows would have been cool. 

If the band ended, what difference would it really make to any of us? We wouldnt are GNR again? Most of us have multiple, if not many, times. I have seen them 7 times. What is the loss of not seeing them more aside from a few fun nights out? Plus Axl sounds worse and worse

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If the band ended, what difference would it really make to any of us? We wouldnt are GNR again? Most of us have multiple, if not many, times. I have seen them 7 times. What is the loss of not seeing them more aside from a few fun nights out? Plus Axl sounds worse and worse

My thoughts too. I'm glad I was able to see Axl, Slash and Duff together on stage, but I struggle to remain interested in the same tour over and over. I likely won't be going again unless new music comes out, so at this point it is neither here nor there for me.

30 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'd genuinely rather see them end than slog on with ever diminishing returns. 

Having said that, they're all capable of doing more than this at present, so fingers crossed but it feels now is the critical time for change. 

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment but it's only fair to point out it's not the band or their management sending cease & desists over video footage.

I'm an author. If someone is doing something detrimental and claiming to be me,  and I have full knowledge about it and I do nothing to protect my fans or myself, I am endorsing it and I may as well be doing it myself. Inaction with knowledge is still action. That is why I said the band is doing it. Someone is acting on their behalf. They know it and do nothing. That's condoning mistreatment of their fans.

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

As long as Slash is in the band I will go and enjoy it but I really could care less about anyone else on stage except Duff... This is far from the band I fell in love with.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, eddiedingle said:

This band is pure embarrassment .

Pretty much.. This reunion could have been one of the best things ever.. I think the most exciting time for me was when we knew it was happening and leading up to the Troubadour show.. Then we saw what Axl looked and sounded like.. The half ass lineup... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

As long as Slash is in the band I will go and enjoy it but I really could care less about anyone else on stage except Duff... This is far from the band I fell in love with.

I am fine with the rest of the lineup because they are basically session musicians and I had fun following them from 2007-2014. Of course if it was always going to be a nostalgia reunion, there is no reason to have not brought on Izzy and Steven.

I'll still go when they come around but its sad when you compare them to older bands like the Stones and Aerosmith

30 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty much.. This reunion could have been one of the best things ever.. I think the most exciting time for me was when we knew it was happening and leading up to the Troubadour show.. Then we saw what Axl looked and sounded like.. The half ass lineup... 

I agree with both of these. The excitement back in spring 2016 was off the charts, and now? I almost don't care now.

• Like 4

I am still baffled at how much time has already passed since the reunion without any actual new material to show for it.  So that is why when I see these books and trinkets announced and promoted, it is easy to get worked up over it.  Like, as GNR fans we want to see music being the number one priority

If we had a new GNR album, hell even a single out to purchase on the GNR website or to stream, I think that the merch/trinket side of things wouldn't rub us the wrong way as much - as least that would be the case for myself

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am still baffled at how much time has already passed since the reunion without any actual new material to show for it.  So that is why when I see these books and trinkets announced and promoted, it is easy to get worked up over it.  Like, as GNR fans we want to see music being the number one priority

If we had a new GNR album, hell even a single out to purchase on the GNR website or to stream, I think that the merch/trinket side of things wouldn't rub us the wrong way as much - as least that would be the case for myself

Absolutely, the main topic of discussion would be the new music. Maybe when they release these live videos there will be more talk about that.

I think Fernando is like Axl’s surrogate son. Axl wants to break the cycle of bad dads and so he sticks every tone-deaf misfire on the fridge — keeps it positive. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The most disappointing part of anything post 2016 is Axl’s appearance. His voice can still be awesome, but his gut and haircut can be distracting. 

• Like 2