Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

People, you don't want new music. Look what jarmo has to say about this:

How? Well peoples' minds aren't necessarily on music. And I mean, other people. People are stuck at home, or without jobs etc....

Also, we don't know if the summer tours are happening, and when. So bands that put out new music now don't know when they'll get a chance to play that material for their fans. It doesn't necessarily sound like a plan anyone would want....

You're aware that touring and merch is how bands make money these days since music sales are down from the "good old days" right?

No excuses, just possible reasons.

2 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

How? Well peoples' minds aren't necessarily on music. And I mean, other people. People are stuck at home, or without jobs etc....

Also, we don't know if the summer tours are happening, and when. So bands that put out new music now don't know when they'll get a chance to play that material for their fans. It doesn't necessarily sound like a plan anyone would want....

You're aware that touring and merch is how bands make money these days since music sales are down from the "good old days" right?

Could’ve of asked Jarmo himself earlier on this same thread but he got suspended :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Jarmo is the resident bands ass licker and I cringe every time someone posts something he has said here on this forum.

Esp when they post like he has legitimate information. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vloors said:

Jarmo is the resident bands ass licker and I cringe every time someone posts something he has said here on this forum.

Esp when they post like he has legitimate information. 

Especially that "some people" agenda of his. Like, you didn’t like 100% of the band’s particular performance somewhere, only 95% or so? Well, you’re immediately getting "some people are never satisfied, some people are apparently haters, these some people should go and listen to something else"... Just because you had a tiny negative comment about something. Some people indeed...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SAU3R said:

It's not just about the book. They could have released it in 2 weeks or so after they cleared everything up about the tour. It's just the worst possible timing for releasing a book because they show the fans, that they don't care about them and don't want to provide them with much needed information, but instead they wanna make a quick and easy buck by putting out a fucking book

They should get their priorities straight 

I'm also confused as to how releasing a book was the priority for the manager (Fernando). Wasn't he just on reddit a few weeks ago talking about how things are bigger than we see and they're all trying to ensure all those folk and families reliant on the GnR are  machine are looked after and stuff? Followed by how they need to figure out how to release music in the current age? bla bla bla?

But managed to release a book, with GNR's name and song, based on his kids, find an illustrator, publisher, etc etc. It's just baffling.

At the end of the day, its not fucking hard to release just one song with the talent, funds, and resources they have. THey don't even need to be in the room together. One song, formally released on a streaming service, would make a world of difference to so many ppl and wouldn't exactly have the band breaking a sweat doing it.

Yet Fernando releases a fictional book about his kids experience growing up around the GnR touring brigade. o_O

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

I'm also confused as to how releasing a book was the priority for the manager (Fernando). Wasn't he just on reddit a few weeks ago talking about how things are bigger than we see and they're all trying to ensure all those folk and families reliant on the GnR are  machine are looked after and stuff? Followed by how they need to figure out how to release music in the current age? bla bla bla?

But managed to release a book, with GNR's name and song, based on his kids, find an illustrator, publisher, etc etc. It's just baffling.

At the end of the day, its not fucking hard to release just one song with the talent, funds, and resources they have. THey don't even need to be in the room together. One song, formally released on a streaming service, would make a world of difference to so many ppl and wouldn't exactly have the band breaking a sweat doing it.

Yet Fernando releases a fictional book about his kids experience growing up around the GnR touring brigade. o_O

I don't think it is Fernando who stops new music from coming out. I am sure that is the band Axl, possible with past members and the label forming obstacles. So what can Fernando do? He could of course do nothing -- to protect the band's pristine legacy (heh) -- but instead he works on other aspects of the band management where the band Axl will not be a barrier but instead, apparently, gives the thumbs up, including merchandise.

Edited by SoulMonster

It's unreal. Love how even the casuals are fed up with this shit.

Team brazil needs to be removed. Slash and Duff should quit or speak the fuck up and demand changes.

This would be the perfect time for Izzy to release a supercool Rock n Roll album with some nice digs at this circus. That would be awesome.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's unreal. Love how even the casuals are fed up with this shit.

Team brazil needs to be removed. Slash and Duff should quit or speak the fuck up and demand changes.

This would be the perfect time for Izzy to release a supercool Rock n Roll album with some nice digs at this circus. That would be awesome.

If we dont get rid of team brazil then at this point i am really hoping slash/duff leave the band. Maybe bring back velvet revolver along with izzy back in the mix or slash drop another killer solo lp. Gnr is drowning.

Edited by vloors

Well, I think we can all agree the absence of a new (music) release has nothing to do with there not being any money anymore in it.

I wonder if they'll even recup costs with this book. It's a pre-order for September, so I'm guessing they'll only print what is ordered? And some extras to send out to all the rest of the GNR Fam.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

It is getting interesting actualy. Because, I wanna know what will be next. Patience board game is this most dangerous band in the world?

I'd rather have a Patience board game than a book featuring TB's kids. Knowing our luck even the Patience board game will feature TB. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I'd rather have a Patience board game than a book featuring TB's kids. Knowing our luck even the Patience board game will feature TB. :(

Fernando would make himself the lead character in a Guns N' Roses biopic.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

my advice... fuck current gnr! Fuck duff and slash for selling out and going along with this bullshit. If ever there was a cluster fuck of how to self sabotage your own career, look no further than axl rose. This guy was literally my hero! Like many of you, I live in the past of how good this band was in it’s pomp, and I only wonder what it could have gone on to be had someone with half a brain been in control of axl or the band. 
instead we get this crap. 
so fuck it lady and gents, sit back and put on one of those old vids on your computer that no longer resides on YouTube, grab a beer and just pretend none of this current shit is happening and enjoy what they were, cause it ain’t ever gonna be like that again. 
Rant Over 

absolutely spot on!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Will anybody from GnR/TB camp reply to this thread?

No. 
Fernando is too busy writing his next book to be bothered with this 😉

I’ll be serious though, what difference would it make if he showed up here with his usual attitude??? We’ve been down that road with him many times in the past. Quite frankly I don’t want to hear from him, it’s like trying to argue with jamo on steroids, they’ve got their mandate and it is what it is. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

No. 
Fernando is too busy writing his next book to be bothered with this 😉

I’ll be serious though, what difference would it make if he showed up here with his usual attitude??? We’ve been down that road with him many times in the past. Quite frankly I don’t want to hear from him, it’s like trying to argue with jamo on steroids, they’ve got their mandate and it is what it is. 

That way we could insult the fucker. That would be satisfactory

• Haha 1