Guns N' Roses to Release Children's Picture Book

I want like 10 or 20 pages of interpretive, psychedelic art inspired by the solo... as literal a translation of the song into book form as possible.

This won't be Slash's first rodeo.

52023147e0493c1acdb2ac1a4f9b90de.png

Edited by Ant
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ant said:

I want like 10 or 20 pages of interpretive, psychedelic art inspired by the solo... as literal a translation of the song into book form as possible.

This won't be Slash's first rodeo.

52023147e0493c1acdb2ac1a4f9b90de.png

Is this true? From where?  Lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Is there an actual reason some people on here are so butt-hurt by this? 

Metallica released a similar product recently, they seem to be held up as the gold standard of how a band should act.

Metallica also releases tons of music (albums, live recordings, box sets, etc).

If GNR had released a couple albums since Chinese Democracy, or consistently released soundboards/pro-shot concerts, fans would complain a lot less. But GNR only sells useless trinkets, so fans of their music will understandably bitch about it.

It's also weird that they'd officially release a book that was basically made for the managers kid...

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Metallica also releases tons of music (albums, live recordings, box sets, etc).

If GNR had released a couple albums since Chinese Democracy, or consistently released soundboards/pro-shot concerts, fans would complain a lot less. But GNR only sells useless trinkets, so fans of their music will understandably bitch about it.

It's also weird that they'd officially release a book that was basically made for the managers kid...

All of this is painfully obvious to anyone who doesn't refer to users of this forum as "butt hurt". Also, there's a giant difference between being "butt hurt" and being a smart enough fan to know when the band continually shows they don't care about the fans outside of their money. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Impossible, everybody knows this place is full of haters and bullies!! They just gave us a sweet children's book and everyone here was negative about it!

giphy.gif

ItZ nO wOnDeR tHEy dON`t cOmE oN hErE

FA05LRc.png

Who honestly wants them here? Fernando never answers questions about new music besides the same vague cryptic nonsense we get from the band. His appearances on here consist of him confirming things that GNR will not do. Q: Will you release the Troubadour show? A: No. Q: Will you release the 2010 SA documentary? A: No. Q: Will Izzy make an appearance? A: I can't say anything about my bff Izzy.

Fuck him.

21 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The most disappointing part of anything post 2016 is Axl’s appearance. His voice can still be awesome, but his gut and haircut can be distracting. 

I had this hope that he was going to come out trying to prove something and take the world over again. Get his ass in shape before the tour.. Come out kicking ass.. That didn't happen.  His voice can be awesome but the vast majority of the time it isn't. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I had this hope that he was going to come out trying to prove something and take the world over again. Get his ass in shape before the tour.. Come out kicking ass.. That didn't happen.  His voice can be awesome but the vast majority of the time it isn't. 

He has lost that Victory or Death mindset. That’s cool. He is 60. He is definitely one of those artists who probably believed he would die young. As I said, out of everything, I just believe he should have come back in incredible shape and showed the world what a force of nature his live performances can achieve. I feel everyone in the band, the musical band is giving their all in each performance. And I believe Axl does to some extent in that he wants it to be a great rock concert, but he doesn’t appear to have the desire to blow people’s minds. I don’t know if people walk away from a GNR show and say it was one of the best shows they ever saw. And that is what you want from a GNR. No offense to Axl but his newest haircut is just Utterly unflattering. I don’t care how he does what he wants, someone within his camp should be like dude, you need to do something with you me hair. 

Thing is, at this point, if the band exclusively sees us as dollar signs... just give me a decent product to fucking buy then! 

I could manage the fuck out of this band. They’re so “business minded” and yet this merch saga has been a masterclass in brand dilution.

Nepotism kills. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, Ant said:

Thing is, at this point, if the band exclusively sees us as dollar signs... just give me a decent product to fucking buy then! 

I could manage the fuck out of this band. They’re so “business minded” and yet this merch saga has been a masterclass in brand dilution.

Nepotism kills. 

I’ve thought the same thing mate. I think any of could manage this band a billion times better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He has lost that Victory or Death mindset. That’s cool. He is 60. He is definitely one of those artists who probably believed he would die young. As I said, out of everything, I just believe he should have come back in incredible shape and showed the world what a force of nature his live performances can achieve. I feel everyone in the band, the musical band is giving their all in each performance. And I believe Axl does to some extent in that he wants it to be a great rock concert, but he doesn’t appear to have the desire to blow people’s minds. I don’t know if people walk away from a GNR show and say it was one of the best shows they ever saw. And that is what you want from a GNR. No offense to Axl but his newest haircut is just Utterly unflattering. I don’t care how he does what he wants, someone within his camp should be like dude, you need to do something with you me hair. 

I know what you're saying but out of the original 5 I think Axl was the least in danger of dying young from substances. He dabbled with heroin but never allowed himself to sink into full blown junkiedom. He did say he went on a binge once with a girlfriend but pulled himself out of it. It's my take that he was a toe dipper when it came to the hard stuff.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I know what you're saying but out of the original 5 I think Axl was the least in danger of dying young from substances. He dabbled with heroin but never allowed himself to sink into full blown junkiedom. He did say he went on a binge once with a girlfriend but pulled himself out of it. It's my take that he was a toe dipper when it came to the hard stuff.

Yep. Around cocaine he never did much because it used to fuck with his throat and didnt want to create longterm problems with his throat so stopped using it. I think axl knew the day the band signed what he wanted gnr to be. Abit like how nikki sixx wanted motley to be. I remember tom zautant mentioned this in "the heroin diaries" when gnr were supporting motley on the 87 tour, that axl had a clear idea and plan on what he wanted gnr to be and not get up in the drugs and booze that the other band members were caught up in. After AFD,  Axl knew he wanted the next album to be a grand production, especially as elton john, queen are influences on him. Being able to do a grandoise recording would have depended upon the success of their debut. 

The question was what did axl want the next album after illusions to be?. It seems that there was inertia around what the whole band wanted post illusions of GNR to sound.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

Is there an actual reason some people on here are so butt-hurt by this? 

Metallica released a similar product recently, they seem to be held up as the gold standard of how a band should act.

Although can you think of why Metallica is one of the bands held up like that?   Was it because they released a similar product as this or was it the fact they actually release music, release tons of live shows for fans, and change things up often for said fans?

With all due respect, when you see how little GNR has released the past 30 years beyond one album, one lackluster live video, and one remaster with old 30+ year old demos, I think it is clear why people are sad to see GNR reduced to moneymaking trinkets rather than art nowadays

• Like 1

I think it's quite sweet, and it ill have a market, but I see the whole 'trinket' thing that you are all going on about.

I'm just thinking it would have been funny if there had been a lead up to the books release and a giant countdown, making people think new music was coming. There would have been a giant uproar haha

6 minutes ago, Todubblebe said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if Axl could read a chapter or two from the book in the milddle of the setlist to keep the setlist fresch?

Maybe even crack a few jokes while he's at it.