Maradonna dies

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Peter Reid was interviewed for Sky, saying that Argentinian football fans would always choose Maradona over Lionel Messi. What's your two cents, @GNRfanMILO?

I not be GnrfanMilo 😆 but it is true in most football Agentinian fans. He never play great role in the Workd Coup, and is considered for many people enough aphatetic too. Instead Maradonna was very passionate football player. Diego was only one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who's Next ?...Bond Now Maradona.

He was Before my Time but from what I've seen of Him over the years on TV and the Calibre of Football Men who Have Spoken highly of Him, he was the Very Best of His Time.

:headbang:

Edited by YouCouldBeMine_2029
Spelling the Name Maradona Wrong....

People spelling his name wrong (Len's fault) all over the shop on this thread... sort it out for fuck's sake! :lol:

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Peter Reid was interviewed for Sky, saying that Argentinian football fans would always choose Maradona over Lionel Messi. What's your two cents, @GNRfanMILO?

Diego won them the World Cup.... pretty much single-handedly as well. They got to the final again four years later....

Messi still hasn't turned up in a World Cup.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

Tomarrow start the Diego funeral in the PINK HOUSE ( the government house). Today someone recall a funny Diego sentence : " i not knew cause Japan not allow me entry about my drugs issue, but allow entry to Japan the Americans that throw two atomic bomb".... :D

• Haha 1

The typo on this title made me first believe it was Madonna who had died and I was all, "who cares, but a bit young wasn't she?", and then I entered the thread to find out exactly how big of a Madonna fan Lenny was, really, and I thought this was probably a result of having a girlfriend and that it fit with Lenny's ongoing demasculiniation process, and saw it was really Maradona who had died and I was all, "fuck you, Lenny, for messing with me."

Great player. Almost up there with Messi and Ronaldo.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The typo on this title made me first believe it was Madonna who had died and I was all, "who cares, but a bit young wasn't she?", and then I entered the thread to find out exactly how big of a Madonna fan Lenny was, really, and I thought this was probably a result of having a girlfriend and that it fit with Lenny's ongoing demasculiniation process, and saw it was really Maradona who had died and I was all, "fuck you, Lenny, for messing with me."

Christ Almighty, for all the shit spelling that goes on around here why am I getting it up the arse over an extra n? :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I trust the generation before me so I always think of Cruyff, Moore, Pele, Eusebio etc to have been greats but it was before my time so I just have to respect that they were but I kind of judge Maradonna onwards as that was right at the beginning of getting into watching football for me.

I see what your saying because I notice I do the same thing and with music aswell but you kind of have to aknowledge Messi and Ronaldo. They've been phenomenal for so long now they kind of force their way into even the most stubborn of old farts respect.

When I was young Gazza and Maradona were like gods, and I watched the old footage of the generations before, Pele. Footballers were like gods walking the planet. I remember I used to collect football cards and had these cheapy football figurines - I had Maradona in his Napoli shirt, a prized possession. I think (fat) Ronaldo and Zidane were the last two who just qualified in that category. Now I wouldn't get out of bed if Messi was opening up a tapas bar in my town centre.

But this has probably more to do with me, the general aging process by which your youth gets fixed in your psyche as the barometer of excellence, and a collapse of interest in football (by me) more generally. The sport was just so much better when I was growing up. 

15 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

No Ally McCoist? 😁

Face like a bollock.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Now you has an great reason to say that " GOD died".....:lol:

• Haha 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/diego-maradona-peter-shilton-hand-of-god-b1762133.html

Thats it Shilts, forgive and forget :lol:  Listen, my allegiances lie with England and always will but, is it just me, did anyone else see this or did I hallucinate it but the goal right after the hand of God entailed ol' Diego pissing all over the entire England defence and putting it in the back of the net, was that not the case?  I think it was, wasn't it?  So who cares about the hand of fuckin' God? :lol:  'changed the complexion of the game' no doubt will be the reply.  

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Now you has an great reason to say that " GOD died".....:lol:

Everytime I hear the word Donna, Doner or Dona, I think of slags :lol:  Thats my excuse.  I mean the word, however its spelt, has an association with slags.  a Doner is what you buy a slag on a night out.  Madonna was the king slag of the 80s, Ma-Donna or the mother of all slags.  And Donna in general is a slags name :lol:  (sorry to  anyone with a Donna in their life :lol:).  You think Donna you think gaggin' for it.  Shit, Ritchie Valens even wrote a song about a girl called Donna, a slag who 'left him' (edited for the 50s, it has to be 'left him' cuz you couldn't say she was putting it about in them days!)

Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Everytime I hear the word Donna, Doner or Dona, I think of slags :lol:  Thats my excuse.  I mean the word, however its spelt, has an association with slags.  a Doner is what you buy a slag on a night out.  Madonna was the king slag of the 80s, Ma-Donna or the mother of all slags.  And Donna in general is a slags name :lol:  (sorry to  anyone with a Donna in their life :lol:).  You think Donna you think gaggin' for it.  Shit, Ritchie Valens even wrote a song about a girl called Donna, a slag who 'left him' (edited for the 50s, it has to be 'left him' cuz you couldn't say she was putting it about in them days!)

Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I think you would be right wrote " Maradonna", because it surname is most italian origin. I don't knew which is the reason that Diego surname have just one "N", is weird. I find logic you wrote two N.