Will you be satisfied with the proposed 2020 setlist for the 2021 shows?

Assuming no album, will you be satisfied with the proposed 2020 SA setlist for 2021 shows?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they would have been great.. If there is one thing this band does a good job at is the set lists in my opinion.. People here complain about it but I go to a ton of concerts and Guns switch it up  more than most bands... A lot of their peers don't change a thing for entire tours... I saw them 3 times this "reunion" and there were always changes.  The last show they played 7 songs that I hadn't seen them play the prior two shows.. That is  a lot... Then looking at the most recent setlists they are playing roughly another 7 songs that I hadn't seen yet since the reunion started.  

On paper, the NITL setlists have been great. They've played almost everything fans could've asked for.

Honest question: would you guys prefer to hear your favourite singer struggle through "great" songs like Estranged, YCBM and Rocket Queen for 3+ hours, or give good performances of "good/ok" songs like Bad Obsession or Down On The Farm and cut the set down to 2 hours, no mickey mouse vocals outside the few hits they have to play even if that means dropping some fan favourites?

• Like 1

My happiest moment in Gn'R lives after some break they had, is the adding of new songs in their setlist (especially songs that they never played live, like "get in the ring" one day). Having said that, even  a handful of new songs are welcome for me.

Edited by Steel

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

We're not beggars though. We're people being asked to spend a considerable amount of money on something. 

The band are a business, and they're trying to sell us a product as consumers. That's clearly how they want things to be and how they lay out their stall now. 

The problem with that is whether the consumers want to carry on buying that product. If they don't....well, blaming the consumers isn't the solution! 

I wouldn't change a word... although I would beg if it meant new music or Axl singing the way we actually like😄 situational beggars! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

On paper, the NITL setlists have been great. They've played almost everything fans could've asked for.

Honest question: would you guys prefer to hear your favourite singer struggle through "great" songs like Estranged, YCBM and Rocket Queen for 3+ hours, or give good performances of "good/ok" songs like Bad Obsession or Down On The Farm and cut the set down to 2 hours, no mickey mouse vocals outside the few hits they have to play even if that means dropping some fan favourites?

The latter.

Only because id like a setlist where i have never heard those songs played live. I can easily forgo GNR dropping the usual fan favourites, especially jungle, scom and PC.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think they would have been great.. If there is one thing this band does a good job at is the set lists in my opinion.. People here complain about it but I go to a ton of concerts and Guns switch it up  more than most bands... A lot of their peers don't change a thing for entire tours... I saw them 3 times this "reunion" and there were always changes.  The last show they played 7 songs that I hadn't seen them play the prior two shows.. That is  a lot... Then looking at the most recent setlists they are playing roughly another 7 songs that I hadn't seen yet since the reunion started.  

I agree the setlists are good and they play basically everything they need to play. However I think they should rotate more songs and especially change the order... change the opening song from time to time... move up and down different songs in the setlist, etc it would be more exciting i think and look less robotic. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the gigs are postponed again in London but if they do go ahead it's possible they do a shortened set list. 

How will they keep everyone safe? Will we still have to be socially distanced? 

I had already decided not to go before Covid but i'm thinking a lot have decided not to get tickets yet, there's tickets available everywhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the gigs are postponed again in London but if they do go ahead it's possible they do a shortened set list. 

How will they keep everyone safe? Will we still have to be socially distanced? 

I had already decided not to go before Covid but i'm thinking a lot have decided not to get tickets yet, there's tickets available everywhere.

I think the price and lack of forward motion play their part too- these shows were announced well before Covid was an issue don't forget. 

I simply couldn't justify those prices for any concert, so that made up my mind on them really. A cheap ticket and a re-energised band with a totally different setlist (i.e. not just substituting a couple of old songs for a couple of different old ones) would maybe swing it, but ultimately it comes down to the money. Would they bother to postpone for another year? 

I can't see them happening really. Australian ones might though. 

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I want to hear Rocket Queen and Estranged no matter what. They should never ever be removed. 

1 hour ago, Walapino said:

I agree the setlists are good and they play basically everything they need to play. However I think they should rotate more songs and especially change the order... change the opening song from time to time... move up and down different songs in the setlist, etc it would be more exciting i think and look less robotic. 

Agree on that aspect

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like the long shows..  I still want them to play songs like Estranged and Rocket Queen because I want to see Slash and Duff play them either way.. The songs or parts of songs that Axl sounds good on it is just a bonus..  He hasn't been my favorite singer in 20 years and in the live setting there is so much else going on that it kind of hides how bad he sucks.. 

Rather than remove songs, Axl should just try to sing them differently.. Like inject his Pretty Tied Up voice into songs like You Could Be Mine..  It wouldn't sound different but it wouldn't sound bad and it would still be uniquely Axl. 

On a side note my favorite Estranged video of the NITL tour was the one from a soundcheck without Axl. It is outstanding. 

The long ass shows also make the outrageous ticket prices a little easier to swallow... Just a little.

34 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I want to hear Rocket Queen and Estranged no matter what. They should never ever be removed. 

Fair enough, they're classic GNR songs. If the reunion had happened a decade earlier it wouldn't be an issue, but for me those songs are better left in the past. I'd rather hear a great performance of an ok song, than an ok performance of a great song. Songs like Marseilles or Down On The Farm aren't the best songs they've ever done, but they still rock and Axl would still sound like Axl.

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I like the long shows..  I still want them to play songs like Estranged and Rocket Queen because I want to see Slash and Duff play them either way.. The songs or parts of songs that Axl sounds good on it is just a bonus..  He hasn't been my favorite singer in 20 years and in the live setting there is so much else going on that it kind of hides how bad he sucks.. 

Rather than remove songs, Axl should just try to sing them differently.. Like inject his Pretty Tied Up voice into songs like You Could Be Mine..  It wouldn't sound different but it wouldn't sound bad and it would still be uniquely Axl. 

On a side note my favorite Estranged video of the NITL tour was the one from a soundcheck without Axl. It is outstanding. 

The long ass shows also make the outrageous ticket prices a little easier to swallow... Just a little.

I think they could do a great 3 hour show, but they'd have to overhaul the setlist and Axl would have to change how he sings certain songs. He could use his speaking voice on the intro of Estranged, he could do the verses in Nightrain or YCBM with that nasally clean voice (similar to Marseilles or maybe Pretty Tied Up), there's plenty of things he could do. But stuff like Better, Rocket Queen, My Michelle etc. just seems too demanding for him nowadays. I was front row when I saw the NITL shows... it made the highlights better but everything else going on didn't hide his weak voice.

There's not really an easy way to justify the ticket prices lol, but honestly I'd rather hear 2 hours of all-killer-no-filler performances even if it means cutting a lot of fan favourites, than 3 hours where they only sound good for half the show...

On 12/26/2020 at 12:58 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

An hour and a half to 2 hour show with hits being rotated in and out of the set would be ideal, I loved the 3 hour shows because I got to hear a ton of music and I don't mind how Axl sounded in 2017. Even reformatting certain tougher songs that have to be done could be cool, like why not an acoustic rendition of Sweet Child O Mine yes it isn't what you want to hear but you still hear it, like The Who did for Won't Get Fooled Again on their latest tour.  Although I don't see Rocket Queen getting dropped, nor YCBM. I feel Estranged could be alternated with November Rain as their big ballad of the night or something like they did with Don't Cry and Patience.