What Are You Listening To?

Dean

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Brown Sugar'' with Clapton is glorious,

That was fuckin’ fantastic, where’s that from?  I always maintain Clapton is the dogs bollocks when he’s just a straight guitar player in a band.  The vocals are fuckin’ brilliant, backing and all, that is Keith isn’t it?  I tell ya what, that was fuckin’ class!

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That was fuckin’ fantastic, where’s that from?  I always maintain Clapton is the dogs bollocks when he’s just a straight guitar player in a band.  The vocals are fuckin’ brilliant, backing and all, that is Keith isn’t it?  I tell ya what, that was fuckin’ class!

It is on the bonus disc of the Sticky Fingers deluxe edition (2015), although it has been bootlegged for years. That entire bonus disc is excellent by the way; it contains, besides ''Brown Sugar'', alternative versions of ''Can't You Hear Me Knocking'', ''Bitch'', ''Dead Flowers'' and ''Wild Horses'', as well as the Roundhouse show, 1971.

Some more information,

An alternative version was recorded on 18 December 1970, at Olympic Studios in London, after (or during) a birthday party for Richards. It features appearances by Al Kooper on piano, and Eric Clapton on slide guitar. Richards considered releasing this version on Sticky Fingers, mostly for its more spontaneous atmosphere, but decided on the original.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Sugar_(Rolling_Stones_song)#cite_note-15

The released version was recorded at Muscle Shoals, December 1969, so the alternative version is newer by a year. The band had also been playing it since Altamont. 

Edited by DieselDaisy