The US Politics/Elections Thread 2.0

downzy

47 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

TBH, if WW2 lasted 20 years and the Germans just kept retaking city after city after the allies took them and it just kept going back and forth, the US would have pulled out of that too.

I am not so sure... that was a very different situation.

35 minutes ago, Padme said:

Taliban were casualties too? Well, they brought that to themselves. Nobody asked them to take over the country and become the new government. They win nothing if they have to deal with attacks by ISIS.

And no Afghan's asked the US to invade their country and force a new government on them by force ;)

4 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It's insane to me that Afghanistan is being given back to the hands of the Taliban. Makes the sacrifices of the war seem in vain.

Imagine if the Nazis had been allowed back in power 20 years after WW2.

I totally agree with you. And please don't tell me the US had no idea how fast the Taliban would take over the country. Everyday the news would show the map and everyday they get farther and farther along, yet Biden made the US troops pull out. What a waste of life and 20 years of what?

Now we have ISIS K? What the hell is that? I don't trust the taliban to help the US get the people out and once we are out totally, the reign of terror will begin. The Taliban are already knocking on doors trying to find people who helped the US. These people are doomed. The US is talking to them to help keep everyone safe until we get out. What a bullshit! They won't do a damn thing about saving lives.

Biden says we will get the ones who had the suicide bombers kill our soldiers and civilians. Come on! that won't happen.

Our mistake was the same as in Vietnam. Until the US fights like the enemies, we will never win against them. We value human life, they don't. They aren't afraid to die, so what can you threaten them with? Nothing. They believe their next life will be amazing, so dying to them or taking lives doesn't matter. It won't matter that after their dead there is no great afterlife, by then they've taken as many innocent lives as they can, so their job it done.

The US and it's allies don't fight like they do, so winning against them is almost impossible. We may have the greatest military, but we don't use it to kill them even if it kills innocent people. We have to learn to think like them and fight like them and everything be damned, but we never would do that.

My mom saw a hand book her cousin had from one of his friends who served in Vietnam. the hand book first said, "you are a guest in Vietnam and need to act accordingly" What the hell? then it told about how the Viet kong fought and had pictures of their traps. It freaked her out to think US soldiers had to be there to fight another losing war. There are no rules in war and these people know it.

The US needs to take care of us and our allies. We need to let these countries deal with their own shit as bad as it is. We have to realize we can't make these counties be like the US. It won't happen. Too many tribes that think like savages and not like human beings. Sad but true.

Now there's talk of more attacks! DUH! Get our people home safely. There's no way the Tailban will ever think like us and respect human life.

25 minutes ago, Padme said:

And the U.S. didn't ask Bin Laden to hijack 2 planes and crash the WTC :shrugs:

The people of Afghanistan didn't fly planes into the WTC. The reasons they gave us for invading was that the Taliban was providing safe-haven for OBL to carry out terrorist attacks (and 15 of the attackers were actually Saudi's and also received funding from the Saudi government). 

9 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The people of Afghanistan didn't fly planes into the WTC. The reasons they gave us for invading was that the Taliban was providing safe-haven for OBL to carry out terrorist attacks (and 15 of the attackers were actually Saudi's and also received funding from the Saudi government). 

Yes, Afghanistan and many places within the middle east were and still are a haven for terrorists. We can see that right now. And those terrorist started the mess not the U.S! You could say the U.S strategy should've been Keep Calm and Carry on.  But all the arm chair generals out there and the media industrial complex won't let that happend ever

So a US drone killed the planner of those suicide bombers that killed 13 US soldiers? I hope this is true.

Also read the Taliban are now doing security for the airport. I wonder what the US had to give them for them to do this?

I just want the people out of their and the soldiers safe and home. Seeing those little babies being given to the soldiers is breaking my heart. For a mother to give up her baby in order for them to get to safety is the hardest thing a mother has to do. My God, what a world!

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Robert Kennedy's assassin has been paroled. I'm genuinely shocked by this. RFK's son supported the release. He's been denied the last 15 parole hearings due to lack of remorse and anger issues. This time no prosecutors were present.

I wonder if this was pushed through as part of negotiations with the Taliban? Seems extremely random.

I know I'm shocked too. My parents remember when this happened.  I guess they figure he's old enough not to be a threat anymore?

Who knows?

14 hours ago, Padme said:

Yes, Afghanistan and many places within the middle east were and still are a haven for terrorists. We can see that right now. And those terrorist started the mess not the U.S! You could say the U.S strategy should've been Keep Calm and Carry on.  But all the arm chair generals out there and the media industrial complex won't let that happend ever

Most of the terrorist who flew the planes on 9/ll were from Saudi Arabia, yet nothing was done to them. I still don't understand why SA is never accused of anything bad?  They aren't big on human rights either. 

The whole situation with Afghanistan was a mess from the beginning. We went there to get Bilden and stayed to try to give them a stable government. Everyone says this was a mistake and never would have worked. Now the Taliban have all the power and these people will probably have no rights at all and it's just a damn shame, but the US can't fix everything in the world. Unfortunately, these people who are left behind will go back to a dictatorship and maybe one day if they have enough rebels to rise up and fight for their freedom it might work? Otherwise, there are so many places where people suffer everyday of their lives. it sucks, but that's the way it is.

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Most of the terrorist who flew the planes on 9/ll were from Saudi Arabia, yet nothing was done to them. I still don't understand why SA is never accused of anything bad?  They aren't big on human rights either. 

The whole situation with Afghanistan was a mess from the beginning. We went there to get Bilden and stayed to try to give them a stable government. Everyone says this was a mistake and never would have worked. Now the Taliban have all the power and these people will probably have no rights at all and it's just a damn shame, but the US can't fix everything in the world. Unfortunately, these people who are left behind will go back to a dictatorship and maybe one day if they have enough rebels to rise up and fight for their freedom it might work? Otherwise, there are so many places where people suffer everyday of their lives. it sucks, but that's the way it is.

Those guys fron Saudi Arabia were the stooges. Bin Laden was the boss. For some reason the U.S. believed that the end of Bin Laden would be the end of terrorism. The part I will never understand was the war in Irak. What Irak had to do with anything?  But I agree that it was a mistake to belive that a new stable Afghanistan was posible.

10 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Well since Talibans are good guys now, i must trust them when they say that U.S. troops killed child in attack today...

Soo, U.S. are terrorist now or what?

Well based on that whistleblower from the drone program, Daniel Hale, in some cases 90% of the people killed by US drone attacks weren't even the intended target. So to believe the US killed children in it's retaliatory attack isn't all that far fetched.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:06 AM, Padme said:

The part I will never understand was the war in Irak.

It's simple: They wanted to overthrow Saddam and took advantage of the deranged fever pitch America was in post-9/11 to do it. As the towers were crumbling down Rumsfeld was already trying to find an angle to use it to attack Saddam. They would go on to falsely use it against him, as well as systemically lie about WMD. The real motive was about reasserting global hegemony.

[on 9/11] at 2:40 p.m. the notes quote Rumsfeld as saying he wanted "best info fast. Judge whether good enough hit S.H." – meaning Saddam Hussein – "at same time. Not only UBL"

"Go massive," the notes quote him as saying. "Sweep it all up. Things related and not."

Edited by -W.A.R-

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

It's simple: They wanted to overthrow Saddam and took advantage of the deranged fever pitch America was in post-9/11 to do it. As the towers were crumbling down Rumsfeld was already trying to find an angle to use it to attack Saddam. They would go on to falsely use it against him, as well as systemically lying about WMD.

And if Iraq had actually gone better it would have been soon after that Libya (ended up happening), Syria (still trying), and the great white whale for the neocons, Iran.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/29/asia/afghanistan-kabul-evacuation-intl/index.html

Nine members of one family -- including six children -- were killed in a US drone strike targeting a vehicle in a residential neighborhood of Kabul, a relative of the dead told a local journalist working with CNN.

6 kids killed in the attack. The US says it was an imminent threat to the airport. With the amount of innocents that get killed by these drone strikes, it makes you want to 'trust but verify' that claim.

Can't believe we are relying on the Taliban to allow any people left behind to escape and go to safer countries? Let's see how this goes?

I saw there were other attacks over the weekend but no one was hurt. The deceased soldiers are back in the US. Most of them were in their twenties. I can't imagine losing a child no matter how old they are. Bless them for doing their job, but the pain has to be so hard to endure.

And again another hurricane has ravaged Louisianna. How much more can those people take?

The whole world is off right now and still dealing with covid.

14 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

And if Iraq had actually gone better it would have been soon after that Libya (ended up happening), Syria (still trying), and the great white whale for the neocons, Iran.

The Muslims have been fighting wars for thousands of years. it's what they do with their enemies. they won't ever stop because they aren't afraid to die. What else is there to threaten them with? Nothing. We will keep throwing money at them and they keep going until they get what they want. They've wanted the US out of their land for years and now they've gotten it. As for Iran, let Israel deal with them. My moneies on them taking care of Iran. But as for this part of the world, I doubt any war there will stop. it's all they know how to do and don't care how many of their own people suffer for it. How can you cope with this?

Until the rest of the world learns to deal with them they way they deal with everyone else, we will continue to lose. And as for fighting, they know that land and all the ins and outs. The US and it's allies don't. Until we do there's no winning with them. We need to take care of ourselves and try to keep the wars over there with them. I doubt anyone will ever be able to stop them totally.

There's over 20 million women there. God help them all. And the children too. At this point, I don't know what can be done for them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Muslims have been fighting wars for thousands of years. it's what they do with their enemies. they won't ever stop because they aren't afraid to die. What else is there to threaten them with? Nothing. We will keep throwing money at them and they keep going until they get what they want. They've wanted the US out of their land for years and now they've gotten it. As for Iran, let Israel deal with them. My moneies on them taking care of Iran. But as for this part of the world, I doubt any war there will stop. it's all they know how to do and don't care how many of their own people suffer for it. How can you cope with this?

Until the rest of the world learns to deal with them they way they deal with everyone else, we will continue to lose. And as for fighting, they know that land and all the ins and outs. The US and it's allies don't. Until we do there's no winning with them. We need to take care of ourselves and try to keep the wars over there with them. I doubt anyone will ever be able to stop them totally.

There's over 20 million women there. God help them all. And the children too. At this point, I don't know what can be done for them?

What exactly are you saying here? I'm for staying out of these countries and not nation-building because the US is terrible at it. The US is 0-3 in their last 3 big war then nation-building projects, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan were all L's for the American Empire.

As far as Iran goes, if the US can't deal with a country like Iraq, then it would be an even bigger disaster in Iran. Iran is far more capable than Iraq or Afghanistan were. The neocons are crazy, but they aren't dumb enough to actually try and invade Iran.

The missile attack by the US continues to get more and more embarrassing, it appears the US killed not only children, but several people who held visas to go to the US because they worked for the US as translators.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58380791

Another relative, Emal Ahmadi, told the BBC that it was his two-year-old daughter who was killed in the strike.

Mr Ahmadi said he and others in the family had applied for evacuation to the US, and had been waiting for a phone call telling them to go to the airport.

That included one of his relatives, Ahmad Naser, who was killed in the strike and had previously worked as a translator with US forces.

Okay the moron Gov. Abbott of Texas was asked if he thinks a rape victim should be forced to have her rapist baby?

His answer was: Texas will arrest all the rapist and they will all go to jail and there won't be anymore rapes. People actually clapped. Still can't believe this?

the news talked to a woman who deals with rape victims. She stated that there can be over 400 rapes in a year and maybe 80 or so victims might report them to the police and go go a hospital.  She said many rape victims don't report it because it may be hard to prove this in a court of law.  Abbott said since a rape victim will have 6 weeks to see if she's pregnant or not, then she can have an abortion if there is no fetal heartbeat heard.

All I do is scream at the tv and shake my head.  How do these morons get elected to be a Gov of any state?  And the question of incest was never addressed. God knows how many red necks are raping their relatives and no one will ever know about it? it makes me sick to live in a state where the head is such as ass hole and has no common sense at all.

He stilll won't mandate school masks, while numbers go up and schools are having to close and go totally virtual. He says Texas will do the right thing. LOL! Dumb ass.

Thank goodness most school districts are keeping the mask mandate for their schools. i'm sure Abbot willl bitch about this sooner or later.

The Gov in Florida is threatening to pull school funds if schools continue to make their kids wear masks.

So damn sick of hearing about masks when kids are getting sick and some are dying. One mother said she wants her kids's teachers to see their face. Well, there are see through masks she can buy.  Amazon.com has anything you need in masks. Gt a clue.

Anyway, one doctor said if everyone gets the vaccine and wears a masks meanwhile we can beat covid. I think he's wrong. We will all need to live with this virus and keep doing the right thing to stay safe and get a booster every year for the rest of our lives just like the other vaccines that keep us safe. That's as good as it'll get.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:47 AM, downzy said:

Sounds like you are talking about Texas and other southern states. Living here in Texas for over 30 years, God help me, I've realized how backward the southern states are and it brings the whole country down. 

Now I truly understand how the south could declare war on the north over slavery. They don't give a shit about human life no matter what color you are!

On 8/30/2021 at 11:39 PM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What exactly are you saying here? I'm for staying out of these countries and not nation-building because the US is terrible at it. The US is 0-3 in their last 3 big war then nation-building projects, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan were all L's for the American Empire.

As far as Iran goes, if the US can't deal with a country like Iraq, then it would be an even bigger disaster in Iran. Iran is far more capable than Iraq or Afghanistan were. The neocons are crazy, but they aren't dumb enough to actually try and invade Iran.

Yeah, Muslims don't like outsiders on their land. It's a proven face. I feel badly for these people but how can you fight people who think like this. Women have no rights, what can we do but bitch about it. The women in Afganistan are marching in the streets of Kabul and the Taliban are shooting guns in the air. Next they will be shooting them. These women weren't born when the taliban took over, so they don't realize who they are up against. I'm sure they will learn soon enough.

The US shouldn't have thought they could save these countries and make them a democracy. It's not in their nature.

Forget about Iran. Israel will take care of them if need be. It's a losing battle with these countries. It's sucks but it's the truth.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Muslims don't like outsiders on their land. It's a proven face. I feel badly for these people but how can you fight people who think like this. Women have no rights, what can we do but bitch about it. The women in Afganistan are marching in the streets of Kabul and the Taliban are shooting guns in the air. Next they will be shooting them. These women weren't born when the taliban took over, so they don't realize who they are up against. I'm sure they will learn soon enough.

The US shouldn't have thought they could save these countries and make them a democracy. It's not in their nature.

Forget about Iran. Israel will take care of them if need be. It's a losing battle with these countries. It's sucks but it's the truth.

Iran would wreck any Israeli aggression against them and they know it. Israel has the nuclear option, but anything below that would not go well for Israel (it would be like their 2006 war with Lebanon on steroids). Iran has fighters willing to die for their people, I'm not so sure the Jews in Israel can handle the kinds of casualties that a war with Iran would entail. I can imagine a lot of Jewish mothers freaking out over that and causing a societal wide panic.