General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I saw that over 90 percent of households in the U.S. have air conditioning compared to less than 5 percent in the UK.

That seems accurate, we rarely need it tbh, it's like owning a pool, it'd get a few weeks use a each year

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I saw that over 90 percent of households in the U.S. have air conditioning compared to less than 5 percent in the UK.

I believe this applies to most of Europe more or less.
Here in Western Europe it's doable because you only get real bad heat for a few days/weeks every summer. (although in the last twenty years it's increasing ridiculously fast)
But in other parts of Europe where it's 35-40 degrees for most of the summer, it's insane that there's no A/C in most households.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

I have to admit air conditioned is nice when it’s 38-40. 😅

Now traditionnaly houses were stone houses with thick walls. If you open the windows at night and close the day it keeps the cold inside and you can have « fresh air » for a few days/weeks. 
In spain the stores are closed in the afternoon  before 4-5PM. 

Maybe it’s because I’m not used to it but in the summer I don’t like when air conditionned is at 20. 

1 hour ago, Marj said:

If you open the windows at night and close the day it keeps the cold inside and you can have « fresh air » for a few days/weeks. 

That's the worst part about these heatwaves around here. In some climates it gets really hot during the day but at night the temperature drops a lot, but here it often doesn't really cool off at night. Last night the temperature was still up in the 20's in the middle of the night. Good luck trying to get some sleep then.

44 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's the worst part about these heatwaves around here. In some climates it gets really hot during the day but at night the temperature drops a lot, but here it often doesn't really cool off at night. Last night the temperature was still up in the 20's in the middle of the night. Good luck trying to get some sleep then.

Yes if you live in a city it’s even worse I guess. Concrete will release the heat at night. 😖

I feel for the people in Europe. Texas has been in the 100's, but we have central air. I can't imagine being without any air conditioning here at all. sit's brutal. The little I go out, I can't breathe right. It's like you're in an oven. The sun feels like it's burning my skin. I don't like summers in Texas, but this year hitting over 100 degrees for over 2 weeks straight without any relief is just brutal. 

Biden talked about global warming today. I doubt anything will be done to reverse it until the human race is gone and then the earth can replenish itself. Humans haven't respected the earth since time began, so eventually it will lead to our demise and then the earth will right itself once again. It's bound to happen sooner or later.  Crazy but I feel this is true.

And if this happens, and life begins again, I hope it's just animals and sea life. At least they know how to keep their planet clean and respect it. lol

28 minutes ago, Marj said:

Yes if you live in a city it’s even worse I guess. Concrete will release the heat at night. 😖

That's the reason why in the summer months NYC is so hot because of the streets and the very tall buildings. Here in Texas I think it's gotten hotter and more humid in the past 30 years because of all the a/c units that are outside our homes. it makes your house cool, but the outside very hot.  And usually the heat stays here until around November and most of the time Texas doesn't get very cold weather until maybe January or February. 

14 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I feel for the people in Europe. Texas has been in the 100's, but we have central air. I can't imagine being without any air conditioning here at all. sit's brutal. The little I go out, I can't breathe right. It's like you're in an oven. The sun feels like it's burning my skin. I don't like summers in Texas, but this year hitting over 100 degrees for over 2 weeks straight without any relief is just brutal. 

Biden talked about global warming today. I doubt anything will be done to reverse it until the human race is gone and then the earth can replenish itself. Humans haven't respected the earth since time began, so eventually it will lead to our demise and then the earth will right itself once again. It's bound to happen sooner or later.  Crazy but I feel this is true.

And if this happens, and life begins again, I hope it's just animals and sea life. At least they know how to keep their planet clean and respect it. lol

I guess it’s usual in Texas that level of heat?

How did people use to cope before air conditionned?  

Yes mother nature is pissed…now we ´re animals too. 😅 

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Had a heated debate with a fat acceptance/feminist/SJW chick. My gawd. "Being fat is only genetic, everyone is attractive, men hate women and just want to oppress" etc. She's a nice girl so I went easy on her and bowed out. But I feel a deep sympathetic sadness for people like this, females in particular. What a mess society is.

Think she may have confused genetics with pies there. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How are you keeping up in the heat? Hoping to come to London in not too long, would be great to show me the sights.

Loving it! I’d be more than happy to give you a tour. I’m about a 5 minute walk from Twickenham centre and about 10 minutes from Richmond centre. Sure is very pretty. I’m actually getting a bit of imposter syndrome that I don’t belong round here.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Had a heated debate with a fat acceptance/feminist/SJW chick. My gawd. "Being fat is only genetic, everyone is attractive, men hate women and just want to oppress" etc. She's a nice girl so I went easy on her and bowed out. But I feel a deep sympathetic sadness for people like this, females in particular. What a mess society is.

What is « fat acceptance »? 😅

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

*zooms in on your DNA to reveal it's just a bunch of pies* :lol:

Fat acceptance people believe that fat people have been persecuted by society, which is brainwashed(by evil men - my bad), into not realising you're just as healthy and attractive if you're fat as fuck. And if you actually are attractive, that's probably just because the evil men are successfully controlling you(sorry not sorry).

On a wildly different note, haven't seen this before. Haunting

Well… « fat » is different from one person to another. 😅 I don’t see how it is a men’s thing? I’ve seen women beeing very mean. 
https://uproxx.com/movies/jonah-hill-awkward-french-interview/

At the end of the day it’s a matter of taste. Some people like chubby/confortable partners…some like very thin partners. As long as you don’t hurt people ´s feelings then it’s ok I guess. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

*zooms in on your DNA to reveal it's just a bunch of pies* :lol:

Fat acceptance people believe that fat people have been persecuted by society, which is brainwashed(by evil men - my bad), into not realising you're just as healthy and attractive if you're fat as fuck. And if you actually are attractive, that's probably just because the evil men are successfully controlling you(sorry not sorry).

On a wildly different note, haven't seen this before. Haunting.

just discussing cause I find this topic intersting even though you probably are already aware of this opinion: what is considered attractive is of course subjective so being fat as fuck doesn't mean unatrractive and also skinny or fit doesn't mean attractive to everyone as well. In modern society there is always a new standard of beauty, an ideal and not just from a visual point of view. Also a certain way of thinking/conforming to what is agreeable by most.

also I think that being attractive is something that for a lot of people is more than just 1 quality, physical or personality wise and it's many times about how all the qualities of a person come together imo. 

having said that, modern sociery also encourages people to totally ignore reality sometimes just so they'd be able to feel better about themselves and it's a form of deception that has gotten worse with the advance of technology/social media. Fat groups can form and decide how other people must treat them and repeat mantras in their head so they don't have to take responsibility for their insecurities about their weight for example.

it's all very silly but I think people just want to feel good about themselves, sometimes even if it means living in total denial/taking zero accountability for their shortcomings, what they percieve as their shortcomings, or not fitting in with society's dumb expectations or just real shit that takes too much work and suffering to attain like losing weight in a western society with a bunch of delicious food that can in many cases be obtained very easily and is again, delicious.

tl/dr: we're dumb, shallow, and want to be loved by others and to love ourselves sometimes at all costs, including at the cost of truth. (which in this case is: they're fat)

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Nobody loves women more than men do. And nobody hates women more than other women do. They can be very mean lol.

Me personally, I like petite, slim/normal, thick women or even thickkkk like huge fat ass and thighs idc if she's got a bit of a tummy. And yeah I agree you shouldn't go around hurting people's feelings. It's only the deranged unhealthy crazy stuff I object to.

I think that lesbians love women like men love women lol and men, throughout history felt superior to women and treated them like shit, as dumb or as property. We're all capable of being very mean and cruel. At least it's not as accepted anymore in many parts of the world to treat women like shit or think that we're superior to them which is false. Different, but not better or worse when compared to one another as male/female.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Yes, I agree and understand. Well said. It is indeed interesting and very sad.

If someone convinces themselves they aren't capable of reaching the truth and facing reality - even to the detriment of themselves and others...is it sound to endorse this out of pity? I say; not a God damn chance.

My attitude is basically 99% the truth at all costs and 1% restraint. That 1% is important. But I think it's important to be as honest and genuine as possible at all times.

yes, I also agree and understand but honesty with oneself can be very painful and it takes work, time, and strength to truly take a good look in the mirror and see under what we choose/want to see. It's way easier to not face it which is why so many people don't really live an honest life or don't even know themselves, sometimes not at all.

instead, most people prefer to focus mostly on what feels good or doesn't hurt too much which leads to all kinds of horrid shit but this is the nature of the human beast. Take it out on other people instead of self reflection and being a responsible and fair human being cause, again, it's so much easier and less scary that way.

Interesting point about lesbians. I think they're certainly capable of loving another woman. But I'd argue they "probably" don't love women in general as much as men generally do because they don't have the physiologically and culturally built-in protector principles and they don't value them for breeding either. But yes, there's sadly a long history of oppression and mistreatment of women by men - I don't consider them to be men buy yes there's no denying that.

I was never a lesbian so clearly there is no way I can really know, but I'd argue that what they lack in equipment and perhaps different culture/psychological structures is maybe replaced with other qualities that allow lesbian women to experience the full thing with the woman they love. At least, that's what it looks like to me from the outside as a male.

the atrocities men has commited to women can't be overstated. It was abhorent and it's still going on.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah ultimately I can't say for certain but my view is what I said in combination with what you just said.

It really boggles the mind aye the shit that's done to women. I wept when I found out about clitoral mutilation and honestly, I'd re-educate those countries by force if it were up to me. Disgusting. There's a lot of very fucked up stuff going on in backwards countries like Saudi Arabia and the USA. I just don't understand.

Imagine reacting negatively to a little girl wanting to read for example? Honestly, it's hard for me to not just think those people should be executed.

obsession with control and feeling superior, the sheer power of programming entire nations for thousands of years to think in a certain way, to ingrain principals of behavior on enough people that whatever is passed down to you for generations is the only correct way to live. Religion is maybe the most effective when it comes to control and the tribe mentality is a factor as well. It helps people to identify themselves as superior which is crucial to many.

as a jew, I'm hella angry that they took away my foreskin and I will never forgive the religious fruitcake fuck who took away an important piece of my penis!

I don't believe in capital punishment but clitorial mutilation is evil. Just humans being humans with their bloody rituals in the name of god or ironically, decency/"morals" cause too much freedom is dangerous to those in power and in some countries to the power of men.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

People used to tell me really often that I was « rough ». 😅

With time I’ve learned how to be more careful of people ´s feelings and not say everything « without social filter ». 

My boyfriend told me once that people have to get to know me to like me. I’m not sure that’s a compliment. 😂😂

On a totally different subject:

I’ve seen people saying that in order to understand/not be offended by Slash’s commercial you have to be the same way. (whatever that means)

Well, I can understand/don’t throw stones to people 100% different from me. 
I like/need my life organised. I opened a bank account to my son at his birth to save money for when he needs it. (studies/driving lessons/appartment etc…) That’s probably why I’m not a rock star 😂😂😂