General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

Lots of crime over the weekend.

Some kids in Pittsburgh attended a house party and there was a shooting. 2 were killed and many more wounded. No suspects caught yet. 

Another mall shooting too. It's getting back to busiiness with more gun violence now that covid restrictions have been lifted.

I doubt these incidents will stop anytime soon.

Dallas police did catch one suspect who started shooting in Deep Ellum last week. They had him on camera wearing a red shirt and shorts and had his face, so I'm glad they got him. What a moron!

Just saw a crazy car accident. Stood at red light when suddenly my driver called out and I looked up: A car was coming towards us at high speed but swerved up on the sidewalk next to us, crashed into the curb and flew some meters while continuing along the sidewalk without hitting any trees or houses, just some trash cans. Eventually crashed into a pole about 100 meters behind us, but had been then slowed down quite a bit by then. My driver was sure it must have been a fatal accident, I am not so sure. Trawling news now to find out what happened. So happy no one was walking at that sidewalk and that he didn't hit any of the cars in the intersection. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Wow 1

I know the mask mandate keeps changing. Now the CDC is saying wear a mask on an airplane. again.

I'm not traveling anytime soon, but I still wear a mask when I go anywhere and would wear one on a plane.

I'm not saying everyone should wear a mask, but since covid isn't gone yet, I think it would be safer for everyone flying in a plane with people you don't know?

23 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Damn that's crazy. Glad you're okay and yeah that there were no pedestrians.

Crazy. I drive all time here in Dallas because it's about the only way most people get around. We do have buses and now a train, but for the places I go, I need a car.

It's crazy how many people drive too fast of don't obey the traffic laws. Most people here don't make a full stop at the stop sign. Texas drivers are terrible for not putting on a signal to let me know which way they are going. They just slow down and then make a turn at the last minute. I swear I have an angel in my car for the so many accidents I have avoided.

Then you have the old people driving and just looking straight ahead. Most of them now drive those huge SUV and don't move their heads at all.

The teens drive too fast all the time looking at their phones. Texas law forbids you to use a cell phone while driving, but no one listens to that at all.

It's very frustrating and scary because a lot of the drivers don't care or have a clue that you are driving something that can kill. 

My parents don't drive much and since their vision isn't very good at night my brother and I do the driving. I dread the day my daughter wants to drive. You just have to have that sixth sense and hope for the best.

The driving motto in New York was "watch out for the other guy" and believe me my family and I still do that here.

Israel is backing fighting with Palestine who are backed by Iran.

Seems like we are getting closer to WWIII. 

Eventually China will attack Taiwan and North Korea will attack South Korea and there you go.

If that woman becomes the President of France, she's a supporter of Putin, so if Russia gets to France, there goes Paris again.

The whole world has gone mad.

And now there are outbreaks of kids getting Hepatitis. No one has died yet but kids get very sick and need to be in the hospital.

What else can happen?

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, fuck you for saying fuck you to me when you live your life in glorious London while I live in fucking Trondheim! :lol:

Glorious London? Last time I was there it wasn't that glorious. I seem to recall taking a trip round Soho and thinking I hope I don't get mugged

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, janrichmond said:

you could be less gloomy?

I am not in denial when it comes to this shitty world we all live in.

1 hour ago, ssiscool said:

Glorious London? Last time I was there it wasn't that glorious. I seem to recall taking a trip round Soho and thinking I hope I don't get mugged

Unfortunately a lot of cities are like that now. You just have to be aware of your surroundings wherever you are.

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

30 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

You could shut up about from time to time though. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

I was born the day that movie was released in cinemas. :lol: 

22 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Sometimes it's nice to see the positives and not dwell on the shit stuff

I've kept telling myself that since moving down here with all you southern cunts! :lol:  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Compared to Trondheim, most cities are pretty awesome :) But come on, London is fantastic. 

Mugged? It could have been Dazey you saw. He wouldn't have mugged you, but smothered you or thrown you in a canal.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Mugged? It could have been Dazey you saw. He wouldn't have mugged you, but smothered you or thrown you in a canal.

As long as my death happens in a humorous way so as to make it on to one of my favourite true crime podcasts that covers cases from just London.

I will admit there is some nice places in London. Hard Rock Cafe's and Hotel for example

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

That sucks, hope it's not too bad.

I'm not afraid to die I'm afraid of dying. I comfort myself with the hope that one day I'll be able to replace my organs with artificial ones and escape demeaning deterioration.

Painkillers are wonderfull. Luckily I got some strong ones from a few years ago. 

The thought of dying scares many people. Me included. I just hope it's quick and painless not slow, painful and drawn out like MS or Cancer or dementia. 

Someone on my delivery (I'm a postie) died a few weeks ago. He was ill anyway and his wife gave him some meds at 10 and checked on him an hour later and he was gone. That's the way I'd like ot to be but it's harder on everyone else.