General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

Tried coffee for the third time today. Figured I should start drinking it after reading the latest news on how it may protect against some diseases like Alzheimer's. I thought it sounded like a good idea to start the morning with a smoking hot cup of coffee, just enjoy the ritual of brewing a perfect coffee. But fuck me it tastes awful :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I have no memory of that, was it around the first playstation time?

It was released a few weeks beforehand.

I was in primary school child and only have vague memories of the Saturn (which I never owned). The Nintendoe 64 came out not long after too.

Kids all got a Nintendoe 64 or a Playstation. The Saturn sold badly outside Japan and is really more of a trivia pursuit question.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:14 PM, AtariLegend said:

It was released a few weeks beforehand.

I was in primary school child and only have vague memories of the Saturn (which I never owned). The Nintendoe 64 came out not long after too.

Kids all got a Nintendoe 64 or a Playstation. The Saturn sold badly outside Japan and is really more of a trivia pursuit question.

I remember my cousins had one and the only two games i remember was a shark one ? and a racing one. Didn't take to it as much as the other consoles

Some terrible news this week.

A son of a bitch beat his 3 year old daughter to death because she was crying. The mother is now pregnant with her sixth child, did nothing. Her family has been worried for months knowiing he was living with them and called social services, but they never checked.

The baby was beaten so badly she had a cardiac arrest and her last words were "I love you daddy, I'm sorry". WTF? This guy should be tortured until he dies of a heart attack and then dumped in a burning pit. 

Social services have taken the other children away from the so called mother. This story made me sick to my stomach. How many woman will let a man like this father their children and even kill them and yet stay with them? This woman has a family that would have helped her. Was having this prick more important than her kids?  

and then we had another school shooting. found out this crazy kid was planning this for weeks and his dad bought a gun a few days before the shooting. Hes killed many kids and wounded others. His parents are now arrested too. Good call. I feel they were responsible too. even more so. Don't you know what the hell your kid is doing? I'm sorry but being a parent means you need to protect your kid and know what he's up to in his life. Being a teen doesn't mean they are grown up to know right from wrong. In this case people died because of it.

Being a parent means no matter how old your kids are, you worry and care for them and try to protect them.  I know this day and age parents have to work, I'm a single parent and work, but it doesn't mean to neglect your kid. It's hard, yes, but you need to know what your kids are doing. I would feel responsible if my child took a gun to school and killed his classmates.  No doubt about it. Makes me sick.

Last but certainly not least, my brother lost a good friend yesterday. he was also a yoga instructor. He wasn't feeling well and went home. The poor thing died at home. He leaves behind his partner and his mom. I can't imagine the pain they are feeling. I know my brother is very sad and upset over his death. I'm very sad too. Hate to hear things like this. The man was 36 years old. I can't imagine losing a child no matter how old they are. Sometimes life really sucks. We have to treasure every moment we have with people we love. It sucks when you lose them quickly and it sucks when they linger. Either way losing someone you love sucks big time.

Stay safe.

• Sad 2

I totally agree with the DA in Michigan for arrested the parents of the 15 year old killer who brought a gun to school and killed 6 people. His dad bought him the gun and when they went to the school they said nothing about it knowing he had access to it and I do believe his parents knew what he intended to do.

I hope they all get life sentences and God help them all when they go into general population in a maximum security jail.

On another note, sorry to see that Chris Cuomo was fired from CNN. I liked him and don't feel it was wrong for him to try and help his brother. He is also a lawyer too.

Anxious to see what's Chris's next move. I doubt he'll just be quiet about this.

My brother and about 70 friends turned out for the memorial for his friend who passed away suddenly last week. It was great to see so many people come out who loved this man. but so very sad that it was because he died suddenly.  

Sometimes life just shocks you and makes you realize how you can be taken from this world so quickly.

RIP Keith.

• Sad 1

I've been promised a job since August. It's still not happened. It's a diagonal move though, which would mean more pay and the potential for way more pay in the future. I'm not qualified to make that move for any other company, and am only being offered it because they can see i'm capable first hand. It's not CV qualification stuff.

I feel trapped. 

2 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

I've been promised a job since August. It's still not happened. It's a diagonal move though, which would mean more pay and the potential for way more pay in the future. I'm not qualified to make that move for any other company, and am only being offered it because they can see i'm capable first hand. It's not CV qualification stuff.

I feel trapped. 

It's just been pushed through :lol:

• Like 3

On 11/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, SoulMonster said:

Tried coffee for the third time today. Figured I should start drinking it after reading the latest news on how it may protect against some diseases like Alzheimer's. I thought it sounded like a good idea to start the morning with a smoking hot cup of coffee, just enjoy the ritual of brewing a perfect coffee. But fuck me it tastes awful :(

Exactly how I feel. I’ve never understood how something that essentially tastes like burnt liquid caught on. 

• Confused 1

Some guy in NYC burned down the Fox Christmas tree last night. Maybe he'l trying to tell them something. lol

Anyway, I'm pissed because the new Sex and the City series starts tomorrow but only on HBO MAX. It was original on HBO, but now is on the other channel. Don't have it, so I guess I won't be seeing it. I guess these shows want the most money they can get from fans.

4 hours ago, Chris1989 said:

I feel trapped. 

That sucks. Sorry to hear about your job hunting problems. The news keeps saying how there are so many jobs and not enough people.

I hope you get a job you like soon. You just have to keep on looking. I'm sure there's a job out there that suits you.

35 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Congratulations! What kind of role are you moving into? 

Analyst role, so working with finances. Totally different from the creative role that I was in, but better suited in my view.

Is Len still alive? Has dazey eaten him? He's not been online since August.

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, SoulMonster said:

Add milk. 

Dallas weather has been rainy and mugging, but good news for the weekend. The cooler weather is finally coming and will be around for at least a week or two.

you just never know with Texas weather.

on a sad note, I saw the devastation in the states where those tornados hit. I can't believe the destruction that has happened and some people died including a baby. So sad. I admire many of the people saying how they will re-built once it's okayed by the city. I can't imagine seeing this and not just sitting down crying. I think losing everything that means so much to you yet you go on. so many things you can't replace. I don't think I would have the patience to ride it out. A whole town was destroyed and they weren't sure where the people would stay?  I don't think I could be that strong to go on and if I lost someone, not sure I could get over it.

1 hour ago, goldentobacco said:

Just dawned on me that I've been working as a journalist for the last six months. After the shit jobs I've previously had it is NICE to have this, it's a local newspaper, but still for once in several years I feel like I'm useful. Really glad I have a job where I'm respected, and don't feel pushed around every single day.

Very cool bro, are you still playing music?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goldentobacco said:

Yeah! Been finishing stuff for our bands next two records. Unfortunately we got a new lockdown in Norway this week, so all our physical meetups and sessions are postponed until February.

Very cool, but that totally sucks about the lockdown. I just wanted to say, as long as you're playing music and being creative, you're useful. Don't doubt that.

Edited by lame ass security
  • Thanks 1

Some little wise asses in Texas schools have been calling in or texting in or going on face book threatening schools. The schools have had to close to check out the threat. Texas is blaming social media saying they are not doing enough to check these threats. exactly what do they expect the sites to do? Shouldn't it be the parents job to monitor what their kids are doing?  I'm sorry bit if your kid is a minor a parent needs to monitor their phones and their social media accounts. You can't expect others to know what your kids are doing?

Do these little bastards know this is considered domestic terrorism? Obviously not since they don't seem to attend school regularly.

I'm sick and tired of parents passing the buck when it comes to raise their kids. Schools are where kids learn history, English and reading. Parents are supposed to teach their kids manners and respect, and how to behave in public. 

It seems with social media now, parents get to blame those sites on what their kids are doing and I don't feel that way.

I'm not sure if Texas will find these kids or if they will prosecute them? But blaming anyone but the parents who's kids are doing this, should be to blame. Yeah, kids will do stupid stuff, but middle school and high school students should know better or at least if their parents checked on what they doing more, maybe it would help.

• Like 1