General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm just glad it's over and done with but not with Stephen A. Smith on the First Take show. lol He said he'll talk about the Cowboy loss until the new season begins. I had to laugh at that. 

I like Stephen A. as a character but you cannot take the man seriously. 

He rips on the Cowboys for having obnoxious fans. I get that. But if I remember correctly, THE MAN IS A LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN. That fan base is just as annoying as the Cowboys. He is a hypocrite the nth degree, and will twist anything to fit his narrative. He is exactly like Skip Bayless but less of a jackass and more charismatic. 

I would love to sit down with this man and tell him that he has no right to rip Cowboys fans for being fans while he has the platform to regurgitate nonsensical bias every day. 

I have no doubt in my mind that he was an exceptional sports journalist at one time, but like everyone else, ESPN and money ruined him. 

The only person I respect for his on air talent on ESPN is Chris Berman because he keeps it simple. The guy just sits up there and gives us the highlights, and his quips are timeless. 

Just realized I first made an account on this forum 10 years ago. The funny thing is for most of the 2010s I didn't post. I found that I still had access to my account and started posting again in 2020. This is a good place with loyal fans and good conversation and I'm glad to be part of it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mystery said:

Just realized I first made an account on this forum 10 years ago. The funny thing is for most of the 2010s I didn't post. I found that I still had access to my account and started posting again in 2020. This is a good place with loyal fans and good conversation and I'm glad to be part of it.

Welcome back!

Yeah, tons of cool fans here and we can discuss anything and realize so many people no matter where they are from feel the same way we do.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Making an awesome Texas Red Chili from scratch. These chillies are soooooo good!

iBldSln.jpg

wow! good for you that you can make them and eat them!

I don't like anything that hot. Can't tolerate it.

I envy people that can eat this food and not have a bad reaction.

My mom worked in a school cafeteria for 13 years and the kids would put hot sauce on any food they could. They would put it on chicken and pizza. It was crazy. After awhile they did away with it. But the hot chips would fly off the shelves. Now my daughter loves those chips too. lol

20 hours ago, Gibson87 said:

I've done nothing but eat garbage and skip the gym for the last 4 days and when I weighed in this morning I had lost 2 pounds. What the fuck? 

That's amazing. Maybe you found a new weight loss program. lol

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Got some life changing news on Saturday. I'm pregnant and this being my second, I was very nonchalant about my scan. Until I saw two babies on the screen! I'm having identical twins this summer. Still completely shocked. 

WOW!! Congratulations! So happy for you! :dance:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Got some life changing news on Saturday. I'm pregnant and this being my second, I was very nonchalant about my scan. Until I saw two babies on the screen! I'm having identical twins this summer. Still completely shocked. 

That's amazing. Massive congrats to you all. :heart:

I can imagine the shock though!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Amazing news Grace. Really happy for you. Congratulations. 🥳

• Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 9:53 PM, arnold layne said:

I like Stephen A. as a character but you cannot take the man seriously. 

He rips on the Cowboys for having obnoxious fans. I get that. But if I remember correctly, THE MAN IS A LOS ANGELES LAKERS FAN. That fan base is just as annoying as the Cowboys. He is a hypocrite the nth degree, and will twist anything to fit his narrative. He is exactly like Skip Bayless but less of a jackass and more charismatic. 

I would love to sit down with this man and tell him that he has no right to rip Cowboys fans for being fans while he has the platform to regurgitate nonsensical bias every day. 

I have no doubt in my mind that he was an exceptional sports journalist at one time, but like everyone else, ESPN and money ruined him. 

The only person I respect for his on air talent on ESPN is Chris Berman because he keeps it simple. The guy just sits up there and gives us the highlights, and his quips are timeless. 

I like in Dallas county and i know exactly what Stephen's A talking about with the Cowboys.

When my family moved to Dallas in August of 92 we saw how crazy they were about the Cowboys. We remember them playing Bills in the superbowl and how crazy it was down here. My brother had to wear a Dallas Cowboys t shirt on certain days in school as well as all the teachers did. 

It's just too much. I also agree that Jerry Jones has fucked up this team and is too involved in this team. Yeah, you own it but come on. He hires coaches who he can control and pays players too much damn money and they just don't give a shit. Out or in they get the huge bucks.

Either way winning or losing, it doesn't change personal lives only the owners and the players.

Meanwhile, the fans go to the games and spend $60 to park and tickets that are crazy high and not to mention prices for merch and food.  I see supporting a team, but the fans here are just too nuts.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Amazing news Grace. Really happy for you. Congratulations. 🥳

Wow! you go girl! Having a baby or babies is a blessing. Congratulations.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 5:10 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Wow (gulp)!

Congrats!  That’s very exciting. Will definitely make life a lot more interesting. 

• Thanks 1

Well, Texas did get snow and ice, but not too bad, but the schools are all closed.

Highways suck, so most people are home and not driving.

Being born in Brooklyn, NY, I learned how to drive in all kinds of weather. I've driven on snow and ice. I tell my friends here to put your car in 2 and drive super slow if you need to drive at all. Putting the car in the second gear keeps the car under 20 miles per hour and helps you stop if your car does slip.

So far it seems nothing bad has happened and any power outages, the crews are out helping. Hopefully, by Saturday when temps go above 35 degrees this ice will melt. Nights will be bad, so hopefully, everyone will stay inside. it's only 21 degrees now and that's the high for the day.

Hopefully, our electric will stay on. Don't like when my electric goes out.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 10:10 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Ooft! Amazing news, Grace! Massive congratulations to the three (soon to be five) of you! <3

• Thanks 1

Watched Bill Mahr last night and the subject of Whoopie Goldberg came up and the talk about how she said "Nazis weren't racist" Didn't catch the show live, but Bill mentioned how we are supposed to have "freedom of speech" in America and even though some of her co hosts didn't agree with her, we are all entitled to our opinions. Whoopie has since been on leave for two weeks.

Bill said "when did it become okay to put adults in time out" lol Thought that was funny, but honestly, if we can't say things without others saying you're wrong and then putting you on notice for it, what is the point of free speech. It's not like Whoopie said the Nazis were okay with killing many jews, gays and Christians.

Bill also talked about and it got me thinking, that it's different how whites and blacks see things in our world. We hopefully will become more aware of things and how we still have a long way to go to really understand and respect each others' differences and feelings about things.

I think we should communicate better and we can learn ffrom it.

My parents had their taxes done in H&R block the other day. The woman who did her taxes was Chi and Asian American. She talked about the Chinese New years. Even though she's Vietnamese, she said how they all originally came from China. My parents found it so interesting and Chi explained how they celebrate it all.  I think if we all took time to learn more about each other's lives we might find more ways to be more nice to each other.

Don't mean to preach, but honestly, my parents felt very good about learning something they never new before. i think this makes us grown as a person.

Hopefully, Whoopie will be back on The View soon, but i can't help but think about how the women of the Talk called out Sharon Osbourne for being a racist just because she defended her friend Pierce Morgan. Sharon didn't say anything racist about the Princess she only said he was her friend for many years, but she didn't agree with what he said.

Sharon has since quit the Talk. That sucks.

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 A comment such as the one Whoopi made as a a highly intelligent, Black Jewish lesbian has actually led to some interesting discourse. I didn't get the full story, but from what I've heard, at best, she was being over simplistic, and she's apologised. I've since learned that the Jewish people are an ethnicity, not a race. There must be so much pressure on celebrities to say the right thing, without sounding ignorant should it be taken out of context.