General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

Hate seeing all those people trying to get into the US. It's just terrible for everyone involved.

The world news showed people living in burned out house and boiling water for their families and them telling the reporter why they want to get to the US so badly. I don't know how these leaders of these countries just do nothing and turn their back on their people? How can this be okay? One poor man owes smugglers over 30,000 dollars because he's tried 3 times to get into the US and failed. He has a wife and small kids. 

What kind of world is this for all these people to suffer so much and want to come to the US not even knowing if it'll be a better life them them? 

I don't know how this will ever get solved?

11 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

UK charges third Russian intelligence officer over Salisbury spy poisonings (msn.com)

While i doubt they will ever face a UK court a 3rd man just been charged 

Scary world we all live in!

11 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think it's just us.

Not going to lie I have given more than half a seconds thought to becoming a HGV driver. :lol:

One of my best mates is a hardened Brexiteer and also a lorry driver. Fucker can't stop going on about how happy he is. :lol: Doesn't care that the world is falling down around our ears cos he's raking it in! :lol: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

One of my best mates is a hardened Brexiteer and also a lorry driver. Fucker can't stop going on about how happy he is. :lol: Doesn't care that the world is falling down around our ears cos he's raking it in! :lol: 

It's the test backlog that's causing some of the problem. My cousin has been training and would probably have passed by now if the tests weren't such an issue.

7 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It's the test backlog that's causing some of the problem. 

That's why I'm asking if any other countries are having the same issues. If France, Germany, Spain etc have got the same issues then the Brexit effect is less likely to be the cause of it all.

• Like 1

Another moron was thrown off a plane yesterday for causing trouble. I swear this virus is effecting everyone's brains too.

There have been over 4000 incidents this year alone. What is wrong with people?

When it was decided no more smoking on planes, all was good. Wearing seat belts, no problem. Wearing shoes when going into places, okay.

What the hell is the problem with wearing a damn masks for awhile. It will keep you and others safe. This just shows how many selfish people there are in the world. \

This virus has shown the worst of humanity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Another moron was thrown off a plane yesterday for causing trouble. I swear this virus is effecting everyone's brains too.

There have been over 4000 incidents this year alone. What is wrong with people?

When it was decided no more smoking on planes, all was good. Wearing seat belts, no problem. Wearing shoes when going into places, okay.

What the hell is the problem with wearing a damn masks for awhile. It will keep you and others safe. This just shows how many selfish people there are in the world. \

This virus has shown the worst of humanity.

I wonder how many of those incidents were alcohol involved. I would guess a substantial majority.

On 9/24/2021 at 5:13 PM, lame ass security said:

I wonder how many of those incidents were alcohol involved. I would guess a substantial majority.

Probably. The news was saying how many people get drunk in the bar while waiting for their planes to take off so even if they stop serving on the plane the airports still sell alcohol, and I doubt they would stop doing that.

It seems this covid has people doing the dumbest things. I don't like how hateful people are getting and actually hitting people or calling them names. What is wrong with them?  These workers are following rules to keep everyone safe and yet they still act like savages.

We were told to wear a seat belt in a car and no smoking on a plane or a restaurant and no one got like crazy people over these rules. Why is wearing a mask any different? I just don't understand what is going on these days? 

It scares me how hateful and hurtful they can be over something that can save your life and others.  We have become a very hateful society and it scares me. 

We don't always get along with each other, but we need to be more understanding of each other and if we don't like each other just let it go and move on.  Getting angry at the drop of a hat isn't the way to go.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 6:25 AM, Dazey said:

😂See how yelling turns to violence in a second. What the hell is happening? It's like covid is effecting everyone's capacity to think rationally and not go to hit someone. Crazy. I know there are times I get angry, but there's that part of my brain that says what could happen if I go to violence and in the end I stop myself. It's like humans have gone back to the primitive days of just acting without thinking and that's scary.

Was watching the CBS world news and they showed little kids in Ghana in Africa who are sold into slavery to do dangerous jobs. One boy's mother died and his father told out a $500 loan to buy her. his father couldn't pay the loan back so he was paid $500 to buy his son to a slave trader. This is terrible, but what do they expect us to do? This horrible shit goes on all the time in some nations and no one can do anything.

I hate to say it, but there are so many rich people in the world and some are black so why can't they stop this horrible deed?

Everyone hates that America bought slaves and many prominante families had slaves, and we see that Africa is still dealing in slavery. Why isn't anyone complaining about this. I'm sure many rich people can go there and get these kids out of this mess and maybe give them a better life.

Maybe Africa won't allow it, I don't know, but then why does the news show this if no one can stop it.

We know there are many sweat shops in Asian countries too that have young kids doing the labor yet nothing is done about that.

It's just terrible when children are used like this and no one can do anything about it.

Just too sad. Meanwhile President Obama is building a library in his name in Chicago. It just doesn't seem right.

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

I feel like Eminem's weird sense of humor has finally blossomed into something beautiful

I could never see the appeal of him. The sound of his voice was irritating as fuck.

People kept telling me how witty he was and how funny his raps were. Just dont get it and I could never get past that whiny voice. And he looks like a total dickhead.

• Like 1

A shooting in another Texas school.  A fight started out between two students and one pulled a gun. The caught the kid. Not sure what this is about? Someone said the boy with the gun was being bullied. If so, the school should have been made aware of this problem.

Anyway, the school was lockdown for hours and one kid is in the hospital. No other children were injured or killed.

Since Texas allows anyone over 21 to have a gun now, I don't see this problem getting any better.

Also maybe putting metal detectors in schools now. They have them for venues before you go into the venue, so maybe schools need it now too.

A 3 year old boy was missing for 4 days in Pleasantville TX. he was found alive and well. This is a good story.

The rest of the news sucked.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, Mendez said:

am trying to score Pit tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers at face value in the presales. wish me luck

Good luck. Sometimes with pre-sales they don't post all tickets for sale, so keep trying if you don't get pit right away.

• Like 1