General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

Had an interview for a new job earlier this morning and apparently it went well as they’ve scheduled another one with their head of engineering for later today.

Job is developing hydrogen fuel cell technology so looks really cool. Fingers crossed it goes well later. 🤞

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

50 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Had an interview for a new job earlier this morning and apparently it went well as they’ve scheduled another one with their head of engineering for later today.

Job is developing hydrogen fuel cell technology so looks really cool. Fingers crossed it goes well later. 🤞

Weren't you moving to California? Or am I making things up? Either way, I hope you get the job!

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

In Manchester?

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

In Manchester?

Surrey unfortunately but I’ll still pop over to Manchester for a pint. 👍

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Weren't you moving to California? Or am I making things up? Either way, I hope you get the job!

Was planning to long term but with the shit show that was the US the last few years that went on hold. We’re thinking of becoming more London-centric now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Surrey unfortunately but I’ll still pop over to Manchester for a pint. 👍

Was planning to long term but with the shit show that was the US the last few years that went on hold. We’re thinking of becoming more London-centric now. 

How did the second interview go? 

10 hours ago, Dazey said:

Good luck to you! 👍

On 7/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, janrichmond said:

You'll love it down south, we have inside loos :lol:

Interview done. Now I’m just waiting for a phone call. Think it went pretty well so maybe I’ll be shitting indoors within weeks. 😂

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 2:55 PM, Gavin82 said:

Well, this proves that common sense has gone out the window.

I did see sharks in Jones Beach the other day. Love it! It's their home, so enter at your own risk.

The sharks know it's "shark week". lol The more I watch these shows, the more I think sharks are super smart, so humans beware!

On 7/26/2021 at 2:55 PM, Gavin82 said:

There is a place here called "jumpy world". They had a small water pond that the kids were aloud to go in inside this balloon. My daughter had her birthday party there two years ago. She loved going into this, but I don't think I would do it in the ocean.

Interesting anecdote. So the missus has taken Jr. to the parents' for a couple of weeks for the school holidays and I've been left at home to occupy myself for the duration. I was walking home from the pub tonight and a police car pulled me over. I wasn't driving, she literally pulled me over on foot and asked "are you Gary?".

Now fuck knows who Gary is but initial assumptions have to be that he's some vulnerable soul who's gone missing in the area and for whatever reason I fit that MO. Was wondering to myself why on earth they would single out a slightly portly 40 something walking the streets alone late at night wearing a Guns n Roses t-shirt and carrying a single pot noodle without a carrier bag. :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Interesting anecdote. So the missus has taken Jr. to the parents' for a couple of weeks for the school holidays and I've been left at home to occupy myself for the duration. I was walking home from the pub tonight and a police car pulled me over. I wasn't driving, she literally pulled me over on foot and asked "are you Gary?".

Now fuck knows who Gary is but initial assumptions have to be that he's some vulnerable soul who's gone missing in the area and for whatever reason I fit that MO. Was wondering to myself why on earth they would single out a slightly portly 40 something walking the streets alone late at night wearing a Guns n Roses t-shirt and carrying a single pot noodle without a carrier bag. :lol: 

It's a shame your name isn't Gary.  

• Haha 2

Some moron in Grand Prairie Texas has lost their king cobra in their neighborhood.

How this person got this illegal snake into Texas who the hell knows?

Meanwhile, the neighborhood are on high alert . The snake must be about 15 feet long and is yellow and black. What a beauty! Anyway, not sure why the owner wasn't arrested or fined for having an illegal snake.

Since Texas's weather isn't good for a king cobra, I hope they catch it and don't find it dead due to the stupidity of another dumb ass human.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:20 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I've watched a little bit here and there. Mostly gymnastics and swimming.

Doesn't seem to be much of a buzz around the Olympics this time. They've got some woke nonsense going on sadly.

nope. When I do check in I feel bad for all those people doing their best and having to worry about how bad covid is getting in Japan.

And all those poor athelets having mental issues. I've had a touch of anxiety and it sucks big time. These kids are so talented and have to deal with all kinds of issues. I just hope they all get home safe.

And once the Olympics are over, Days of Our Lives will be back on air. lol

I can't believe that the wild life people gave this guy the okay to have this Cobra as a pet. Still haven't found this snake. Wanna bet the poor thing is dead since the Texas heat if terrible.  Also the news said there is no anti venom for this snake. How can you approve someone having a venomous snake as a pet in a regular neighborhood when if the moron owner or someone else gets bit by it?

I hope no one gets bit, but I also feel for this snake. It's probably scared and most likely dead since the animals here aren't exaclty it's normal diet. Damn this stupid asshole for doing this.

Going to be in the 100's starting the weekend. Summer in Texas is brutal.

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A very good friend of mine lost their house in a California wildfire last night.

They have a gofundme up but Jesus, what a shitty blow to be dealt. 

Awful. A relative lost everything in a house fire many years ago (not a wildfire just a regular one). It's a horrible thing to go through. Hope they are okay considering.