General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

@dontdamnmeuyi2015 A comment such as the one Whoopi made as a a highly intelligent, Black Jewish lesbian has actually led to some interesting discourse. I didn't get the full story, but from what I've heard, at best, she was being over simplistic, and she's apologised. I've since learned that the Jewish people are an ethnicity, not a race. There must be so much pressure on celebrities to say the right thing, without sounding ignorant should it be taken out of context.

There's nothing Jewish about her. :lol: 

Saw a newsman from Belgium being pulled off camera by a Chinese soldier. Guess whatever he was reporting was a no no.

Also read today about how the athletes who are in a hotel for testing positive for covid are not being treated right. They are sick because the food is gross.

I don't understand how the Chinese government gets away with this, but you are in China, a country who doesn't give a shit about their own people, so what would you expect.

I bet Putin and Xi are putting their heads together so Russia will invade Ukraine and China will invade Taiwan together.

What will the US and it's allies do then?

This is one hell of a mess yet again.

I think the Olympic community should be abolished and pick people who are honest and not taking bribes from countries who mistreat their people and are down right horrible 

CNN said Russia will invade Ukraine any minute now. Guess Putin has an alibi since he's in China! lol

I wonder if the US sending soldiers to Europe made Putin push up the time line. 

It was obvious that Russia was going to invade Ukraine. Why should anyone be surprised that Putin would re-consider?

Putin is like Hitler. Putin wants all the countries that were part of the USSSR to rejoin them again.

I don't understand why there are so many fucking bastards running some countries? Russia, China, North Korea, Iran and not to mention the terrible people in Africa and Mexico since the cartels run that country for sure and SA too. The whole world is one big mess and I'm pretty sure one day soon there will be a WWIII. It's inevitable.

21 hours ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

I don't think so.

The conscience is gonna wake up SOONER than LATER, girl!

... And you will see it!

Hope so because I really would like my daughter to grow up in a better world.

I look at her and her friends and the other school kids and hope that they can change this world. Otherwise, what would be the point of living in a place where war seems to be the norm.

And how many athletes are being treated in China and no one seems to give a shit to help them?

Someone has to say no more Olympic games in countries that don't respect human life or just don't send out athletes there to be abused especially staying in horrible hotels because they tested positive for covid/ how can be trust them?

On 2/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Shaun White had a great second run and made it into the finals. 

Cool. Sorry he didn't win any medals but the guy had his amazing moments and he will go down in the history books for sure.

I commend these athletes for going to China and giving it their best. We should be proud of all of them who competed.

I hope they all get home safe and well.

• Like 1

Some people in the Ukraine want the US to stop saying how Russia will invade them any minute now. I understand how it must be freaking them out, but having all those Russian soldiers at their border should tell them, yeah, an invasion is coming. 

Putin wants to put the USSR back together again. That much is obvious, so he probably will invade Ukraine sooner rather than later and God knows what he and the Chinese dictator have been talking about all this time?

Some states are giving parents more control of schools. I believe that teachers and parents should work together in education our kids but to allow parents to say what kids should learn and not and taking books out of school libraties.

Are we become a Fascist regime. Remember when the Nazi took books and burned them. People came next.

If parents want to control what their kids learn, then home school them, but hey most of them want their kids in school, so you can't have it both ways.

There is so much to learn these days and not enough time to learn it, so where teachers leave off parents need to continue. 

We have to learn and be aware of everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. Our kids have to learn this world is not perfect and hopefully what is fucked up they can make better.

Don't make teachers and schools the enemies. It won't turn out well for our kids.

Just picked up this little fella on a bit of an impulse purchase. Got it connected to my gaming rig via virtual desktop and I've been playing Star Wars Squadrons in VR all day. Just have to say WOW!!!! Absolutely incredible! It's hard to describe just how good it looks.

Quest-2-with-packaging.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dazey said:

Just picked up this little fella on a bit of an impulse purchase. Got it connected to my gaming rig via virtual desktop and I've been playing Star Wars Squadrons in VR all day. Just have to say WOW!!!! Absolutely incredible! It's hard to describe just how good it looks.

I’ve really been tempted but holding off for another generation. I’ve heard from friends who own the quest and they have nothing but praise for the device.  I’m going to wait to see what Sony comes out with and maybe buy a PS5 + PSVR2 combo when they’re available. Or see what Quest 3.0 has to offer.

Btw, a buddy of mine bought a first gen PSVR just for the adult entertainment possibilities.  Says it’s the closest he’s ever come to cheating on his wife. So there’s that…

After all the will he or won't he, Putin made his move today.

I guess Putin has become the new Hitler

I can't believe the US government didn't see this coming.

Now that the US have given Ukraine weapons of mass destructions, Putin has take this as an act of war towards Russia. The world has been played.

As for sanctions, Putin knows whatever he needs, doesn't give a shit about the Russian people, he can get from China, so he's not worried.

Putin's strategy is to say those cities are part of Russia, so moving in is okay. lol This guy had it all planned while all the while making the US and Europe stress out for weeks.

It seems the world isn't happy without a war outbreak somewhere.

Another mess no one will be able to contain.

Ice is coming back to Dallas. All schools are closed tomorrow. Our temps are below freezing so when the rain falls tonight it will all be ice. I have no idea what treatment Dallas does for the roads, but obviously it's not working. There have already been many accidents on the highways since this morning. I play to get my daughter from my parents and stay in for the next night and day.

Hopefully by Friday it will warm up. I have the GHOST concert on Saturday night and won't let anything stop me from seeing them.

I will put my car in second gear and rock on!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, Gibson87 said:

I just landed a job working for a store that sells hemp and CBD products. It's the only interview I've had where the correct answer to the question "Do you smoke weed" is 'Yes' :lol:

Congrats on the new job! I stopped smoking weed quite a while back as I found it too strong these days but have occassionally smoked CBD when on holiday and I happen to walk past a CBD shop. That smell of weed just pulls me in everytime :rofl-lol: Can't say if it has any real effect but thats what I like about it, means I can still get shit done without walking around like a zombie lol.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, Dazey said:

Would love to buy a VR headset and a 360 degree motion simulator chair some day :D There's a few cool ones on the market like the Yaw:

The one I really want costs about $10,000 currently so I'm either gonna have to go to China to buy in person cheaper, or wait for prices to drop significantly :(

^ This shit looks insane lol, imagine having this in your living room! :lol: I'd hook it up with the No Limits 2 rollercoaster simulator game and literally have thousands of rollercoasters to ride at home

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was a very bad day for Texas.

Many tornados touched down in some cities.  So many homes and stores were destroyed. Mother Nature is hitting Texas hard this spring.

There were over a dozen tornados that hit yesterday. Now the clean up begins.

March and April are bad storm months in Texas. So far where we live, we've been okay. 

I don't know how people deal with this. I has to be super scary. And the storm chasers film them and put them online and on tv. It's crazy.

Just seeing a tornado on tv is scary enough. I pray for these people and am glad that everyone was safe this time.

• Sad 1

North Korea set off another missile that landed close to Japan.

I turned on CNN last night around 11 pm. big mistake and they were talking to some re tired general about if NK sent missiles to the US could we stop it/them?\

This guy said the missiles that NK are using now are really bad ass and our missile system might not be up to par to take them down. Damn it! More shit to worry about.

What the hell is going on? First they say we have the best military and weapons on earth and then this? 

Just too tired to think about all the shit that sucks in our world. Putin is nuts, but i wouldn't put it past Kim to fire a missile to Hawaii because he really doesn't give a shit about human life especially Americans.

The whole world has gone madder than it ever has.